Default Re: Lard's Amazing Tool Thread.

I'll have a look

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Daft not too...

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Joao CarvAndy!ho View Post
    Daft not too...
    I wish I had known about such things when I was young, poor and did my own servicing of my cars - things were simpler then, but getting the oil filter off usually involved driving a cold chisel through the filter case and hoping it had enough strength to withstand the torque (?) of me pulling on the chisel handle in a bid to free the old filter.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

I've had them crush on me using strap and chain removers. I still don't know why people over torque them.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

New cupboard and 3/8's torque wrench.

Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble getting the nylon thread into the strimmer hub?

is this another of your anal-related euphemisms?

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi | vivit post funera virtus - Emprorer Tiberius

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble getting the nylon thread into the strimmer hub?
    Just you , Its a piece of piss when you do it right .
    Post a picture and I will offer advice.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

One of these type of heads costs €10, swop it for the original, jobs a good un.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Thanks Lard. I did look on Youtube a while back but couldn't find a decent video similar to the hub I've got.

Cheers. Is that one of the ones with a chain slasher that you never replace.

Had this beast about 7 years no trouble at all apart from a leaky fuel tank that I fixed with sikoflex. Load it up with this stuff it'll go through anything.
    The brand is Villager made in Slovenia, can't fault them.

Thanks Lard. I did look on Youtube a while back but couldn't find a decent video similar to the hub I've got.
    It looks a little fiddly, But you have done the right thing putting the cable through the lug as this holds it in place until you need to thread it through.
    The loose end is the one that goes at the bottom, feed that through first then unlug the other cable and feed that through.
    The spring either goes in before or after the hub depending on design.
    Then the cover should fit on.

Just looked again spring in first then the hub

Cheers. Is that one of the ones with a chain slasher that you never replace.
    No, just cut you twine to length and shove it in one end pull it out the other and it traps under those triangle shapes. I find I only need to load 2 up don't really need all four. The thicker stuff works better as it traps tighter.

Thanks Lard and Lefkasman

The problem is keeping the two wound threads on the spool with one hand and then getting the spool, spring and washers into the hub with the other hand, and then putting the lid on and pressing it home.

The machine is a "Best Green" which the own brand of Brico Marché one of the big hardware chains here. It is not a bad machine and I got it for a good price 4 years ago in a sale.

Once I've used up the thread I have, I will look at what Lefkasman recommends.

Thanks Lard and Lefkasman

The problem is keeping the two wound threads on the spool with one hand and then getting the spool, spring and washers into the hub with the other hand, and then putting the lid on and pressing it home.

The machine is a "Best Green" which the own brand of Brico Marché one of the big hardware chains here. It is not a bad machine and I got it for a good price 4 years ago in a sale.

Once I've used up the thread I have, I will look at what Lefkasman recommends.
    One of the threads should be secured in the retaining lug , You only need to keep your hand on the other thread to pass it through the hole once done release the other thread from its lug then pass that one through.

Quote Originally Posted by lard View Post
    One of the threads should be secured in the retaining lug , You only need to keep your hand on the other thread to pass it through the hole once done release the other thread from its lug then pass that one through.

^ this.

It looks similar mech to my McAlister.

You can set the spool/cassette into the cover and thread the line through the holes, then mount the whole shebang onto the spindle.

Have you looked for a manual online? It might be worth considering the manufacturer's opinion in this instance.

I got a nice axe Burmese axe handle made from deep brown padoo wood from Thailand recently. I got a rusty old axe head at Weird and Wonderful Wood craft show, cleaned it up and put them together. The wood seems quite brittle but I won't use it for heavy work. Looks quite smart though.

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    ^ this.

It looks similar mech to my McAlister.

You can set the spool/cassette into the cover and thread the line through the holes, then mount the whole shebang onto the spindle.

Have you looked for a manual online? It might be worth considering the manufacturer's opinion in this instance.
    I think McAlister and Best Green are the same thing. Brico Marché brands it Best Green and Castorama brands it McAlister. Our Castorama is part of Kingfisher.

I think McAlister and Best Green are the same thing. Brico Marché brands it Best Green and Castorama brands it McAlister. Our Castorama is part of Kingfisher.
    And Kingfisher own B&Q, which is most likely where I got he McAlister from.

Conspiracy squared, etc.

So what's your lending policy?

I'm generally amenable to lending (or helping out when I think job/tool combo requires it)

Do get pissed off with the return of dirty kit though (esp bike tools that come back covered in oily-road-swarf) or missing bits.

Last Sat got my speciality-head set back from a mate, who needed a snake-eye to get inside some appliance. Kit goes out with 100pcs, returns with 98pcs. Refuses point blank to accept it could have been him. Called me just now "OK, I found them"

Both of them make it so I'm the **** for wanting clean or complete kit back - and either sound like boring ***** up front for mentioning it, or a moaning ****** when it doesn't come back proper.

I'm the **** that's lending it to you.

Mate recently told me a tale where he let some people who had just bought a holiday home out here use his ladders. After a week or so he walking past their house and notices the builders who are working there using his ladders.
    He sends them a message, I'd like my ladders back please. They answer yes well pop the round in a day or two. He answers, no now!
    Apparently my mate has suffered the worst insult that a person could bestow on anyone.
    They've removed him from thier Facebook friends list.

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    So what's your lending policy?

I'm generally amenable to lending (or helping out when I think job/tool combo requires it)

Do get pissed off with the return of dirty kit though (esp bike tools that come back covered in oily-road-swarf) or missing bits.

Last Sat got my speciality-head set back from a mate, who needed a snake-eye to get inside some appliance. Kit goes out with 100pcs, returns with 98pcs. Refuses point blank to accept it could have been him. Called me just now "OK, I found them"

Both of them make it so I'm the **** for wanting clean or complete kit back - and either sound like boring ***** up front for mentioning it, or a moaning ****** when it doesn't come back proper.

I'm the **** that's lending it to you.
    Don't like lending my tools of the trade tbh , I will do a job for mates but I stay in control of the equipment.
    I loaned a friend down the road a soft sweeping brush .
    When I eventually got it back it had plaster on the bristles..
    Now it's my brush and it didn't have plaster on it when I loaned it out.
    Needless to say I wasn't happy.
    We are not that close now ...
    Don't fuck with a man's tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Mate recently told me a tale where he let some people who had just bought a holiday home out here use his ladders. After a week or so he walking past their house and notices the builders who are working there using his ladders.
    He sends them a message, I'd like my ladders back please. They answer yes well pop the round in a day or two. He answers, no now!
    Apparently my mate has suffered the worst insult that a person could bestow on anyone.
    They've removed him from thier Facebook friends list.

Don't get me started on ladders, Because I own a large pair and folk think they are for hire on the estate.
    Along with my van , He has a van he will move all your shit .
    Fuck off .