Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Arvin Appiah

Default Re: Arvin Appiah

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Whilst a good point, Lolley cost 500k, Adomah free, and Daws' free etc. You've got bargains knocking around like McGinn for 2.5m too.

It can be done.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Fair point. We've done well to pick a couple of bargains out, but we'd need the best scouting team in world football and a crazy amount of luck to put a whole team of that quality together - we're always going to need to splash some cash somewhere down the line.

I personally think the club's current strategy is the best. A few high-cost signings (Grabban, Carvalho) supplemented by lower-cost and freebies (Lolley, Dawson, Sow etc), a sizable chunk of which being paid for by academy sales.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Am I correct in thinking we have just got £8 million quid for someone who has played a small handful of first team games?

£8 million for Appiah £9 million for Bereton (1 goal from 25 appearances last season), £5 million for Benny (good player at Championship level, but never worth that with 1 year left on his contract).

We have been doing bloody well with outgoing transfers recently.

Sketchy owner 1: 'ere fella, I need £8m to balance ffp, fancy taking one of our lads and I'll get the wife to cut you a cheque after when no one is looking?

Sketchy owner 2: As if any of your lot are worth £8m.

Sketchy owner 1: We'll brief some BS that Man U are interested, they're still considered a big club on the continent yeah? Notts press believe owt.

Sketchy owner 2: Done.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I guess in 5 years time he will either be playing for England, in which case £8 million will look like a snip, or he will be playing for Exeter in which case we will have totally had their pants down.

Not that type of player

As always with these deals, they are paying for potential. Whether he achieves it or not isn't particularly relevant, only that it suits all parties right now.

It only takes a second to score a goal.

Now I've been put straight regarding the fee paid for Arvin, seems astonishing that we've got that amount for a young player with a big rep, but little to show for it. Obviously they see more in the player than our staff do, who have watched him at close quarters for a considerable time.

He will do well no doubt as the standard of a lot of the teams in the Spanish second division is league one at best.

Best served cold

Completely missed this. It’s a shame we’ve sold him and I’m genuinely disappointed. I wonder if we’ve inserted a sneaky but back clause or something. I certainly hope so.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Made his Debut 6/10 Nothing happened

Not good enough for Nottingham Forest

Has he gone?