Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: El Arbi Hillel Soudani

Default Re: El Arbi Hillel Soudani

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    We have a terrible record of bringing in players new to this league. Pinillos, Oliveria and possibly Vellios aside pretty much every import we have made has been a costly mistake.

I liked the idea of consolidating our squad with some proven Championship experience with signings like Bridcutt for a few seasons.

That said, every management team deserves a clean slate so if Karanka wants him, so be it. He certainly looks the part in the video and has a good record.
    We have a poor record bringing proven players to this league that have been here before too.

It only gets brought up with foreigners though.

The likes of Fryatt, Hobbs & Fox have been equally as bad as any foreigner we have had, the only difference being you can get rid of foreign players.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    That's my point mate. Moving to Britain and playing in the Championship is an entirely different ball game.
    I remind you that Warburton himself had stated loud and clear that he would be looking at the foreign market in January because the British one is ridiculously overpriced.

As for the entirely different game, it depends on the position, on the nationality, and on experience. Brazilian defenders, for example, tend to be very bad in their early days of European football, because offensive play in Latin America is often very anarchist and individual offensive and defensive skills matter a lot, while over here formation and tactical consistency are more important. So if I were you I would not buy a young Brazilian defender. In midfield, I would certainly not buy a foreign player right now: what you need is some proven Championship quality and knowledge of the midfield's physicality. Strikers are a different story. I honestly don't see why a pacy and very strong (I was surprised by the ease with which he wins headers in the video) striker like Soudani would have problems to adapt in the Championship, with the big, slow lads he would have to face.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    “Fawaz-esq gambles”.

These guys have an extensive scouting network across Europe, Fawaz had a few phone numbers of people looking for a final pay day. Hardly comparable.
    Yeah Lica, Dumitru, Perquis... what are we worrying about?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    I remind you that Warburton himself had stated loud and clear that he would be looking at the foreign market in January because the British one is ridiculously overpriced.

As for the entirely different game, it depends on the position, on the nationality, and on experience. Brazilian defenders, for example, tend to be very bad in their early days of European football, because offensive play in Latin America is often very anarchist and individual offensive and defensive skills matter a lot, while over here formation and tactical consistency are more important. So if I were you I would not buy a young Brazilian defender. In midfield, I would certainly not buy a foreign player right now: what you need is some proven Championship quality and knowledge of the midfield's physicality. Strikers are a different story. I honestly don't see why a pacy and very strong (I was surprised by the ease with which he wins headers in the video) striker like Soudani would have problems to adapt in the Championship, with the big, slow lads he would have to face.
    By forgein he meant Scotland

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

We have a poor record bringing proven players to this league that have been here before too.

The likes of Fryatt, Hobbs & Fox have been equally as bad as any foreigner we have had, the only difference being you can get rid of foreign players.
    Whilst there is risk in buying any player, it is probably increased by adding a player from a different league compared to a player who is a proven performer at this level.

Those 3 players were all capable at this level and have struggled through injury or have declined with age. They arent bad signings in the same way as players like Djebbour, Dimitru, Abdoun, Lam & Lica who just werent good enough for the level.

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Yeah Lica, Dumitru, Perquis... what are we worrying about?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    It’s as if it never happened.
    I can remember such opinions when being sceptical about their signings too.

Come on that’s mostly injury based. Why not mention Cohen too?.

Perquis was fine enough - he just didn’t offer any more than any of the other defenders we had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    Come on that’s mostly injury based. Why not mention Cohen too?.
    Because Cohen cost 300k, has played almost 300 games and won player of the year twice.

Because Cohen cost 300k, has played almost 300 games and won player of the year twice.
    I was being sarcastic tbh.
    I feel it’s a bit harsh on Hobbs, as a player. But I can understand the frustration with his terrible injury record.

Talking to a couple of Algerian lads in my football team today, they rate this guy highly. Very fast. Think he would be worth a go, we lack a player of this type in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Perquis was fine enough - he just didn’t offer any more than any of the other defenders we had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From what little I saw, I thought he gave us more than Mills.

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

I played for a 7-a-side team called ALGERIA! in Uni, reason being is we registered really late and the only cheap kit we could get in time for our first game was an Algerian job lot on Ebay. Quite a nice kit actually.

Reports are that he dreams of playing in England and wants to join us in the Algerian and Croatian media.

They also say we not giving up.

Wonder if he will play on the right ?

Last edited by BryanRoy; 22-01-18 at 00:21.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Reports are that he dreams of playing in England and wants to join us in the Algerian and Croatian media.

Seems to be what he does in Croatia and it fits in with the whole Karanka playing a busy forward on one of the wings as he did at Boro. He'll have a job getting Cash's place though!

Default El Arbi Hillel Soudani

Well I’m sure if he feels this way others will be alerted (hopefully)

Last edited by puds1970; 22-01-18 at 09:36.

Impressive member

We need to move fast on this one if there's any truth in it. Gerrim in, Aitor.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Not that type of player

Or the left? It does sound like he’d be best employed as one of the wide players in the 3 of a 4231.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Impressive member

This lad will be next season's Jota.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'm hoping he's coming in on the left, with Matty Cash left to continue his excellent work down the right.

Pretty sure this lad is two footed.

Sounds as if he wants the move, but Dynamo are reluctant to sell.

He is certainly raved about in Croatia and by Algerian's, and his goal record from out wide is frankly very good.

Sometimes I do fear when we're linked with players from certain nations playing in some of the lesser known European leagues. (i'm aware plenty of fantastic players have come from Zagreb)

But you never know til they get a chance.

More than his goal scoring record, I like that he's vice-captain for DZ. Character is every bit as important as ability, if not more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Sometimes I do fear when we're linked with players from certain nations playing in some of the lesser known European leagues. (i'm aware plenty of fantastic players have come from Zagreb)

More than his goal scoring record, I like that he's vice-captain for DZ. Character is every bit as important as ability, if not more so.
    It's always going to be hit and miss, wherever you sign the player from, isn't it. You just have to do your due diligence and lower the chance of failure.

For every Majewski there is a Kevin Gomis. For every Chris Cohen there is an Arron Davies.

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nogomet...Q9gzis.twitter

This link if you google translate is an interview with Soudani. He says a bid has been rejected from us and he is a little sad as it is his dream to play in England. But he is still totally committed to Dinamo and will give his all. He has a lot of respect for Dinamo.

They asked if that is the end of the matter and he said he does not know.

So maybe we'll go back with another bid. I think it says their manager is reluctant to lose him, something like, 'anyone can go, but not him'. So he is very highly valued there.

Nice that he seems really determined to play in England.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post

I completely agree, look at Dumitru and Lica etc however they had awful stats and for a striker goals means allot (not everything) so at least thos guy can score so thats 1 less worry.

Also its just at dangerous buying a L1 or L2 player some make it Britt others dont.