53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win - Promotion this season

19 35.85%
  • Lose - Karanka Out

26 49.06%
  • Draw - Karanka Out

8 15.09%
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Matchday 28: Wolves vs Nottingham Forest - Official Matchday Thread!

Default Re: Matchday 28: Wolves vs Nottingham Forest - Official Matchday Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Mate, you clearly haven't been watching Worrall then because he drives us forward with the ball at his feet like he owns that ball and his passing is as impressive you will see for a 20 year-old CB. Yes, the Warburton tactics would have brought him on no end because he gave him the confidence and encouragement to pass the ball from the start.

There is a reason we have 3 players in the top 10 for most short passes in the Championship. He is one, and the other 2 are Osborn and Bridcutt.
    His job isn't to be the top 10 passer in the league. Under Warbs and montanier he had to be part of unit that stopped goals. Also I'm surprised not more of our players are in the top 10, the style of play and the fact we played a lot of passes backwards and sideways means we should have players in there. Worrall has nearly played every game as well.

I don't know how anyone can make a case that our defence didn't struggle playing our tactics under Warbs and Montanier, the amount of goals we have shipped and conceded from crosses was abysmal.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 28: Wolves vs Nottingham Forest - Official Matchday Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    His job isn't to be the top 10 passer in the league. Under Warbs and montanier he had to be part of unit that stopped goals. Also I'm surprised not more of our players are in the top 10, the style of play and the fact we played a lot of passes backwards and sideways means we should have players in there. Worrall has nearly played every game as well.

I don't know how anyone can make a case that our defence didn't struggle playing our tactics under Warbs and Montanier, the amount of goals we have shipped and conceded from crosses was abysmal.
    Make up your mind.

We talking about whether he is capable of being part of a footballing side and whether he can pass it out.

If we talking about conceding goals as a team then that wasn't solely the defences fault. It was a combination of factors that Warburton probably didn't address enough and is probably his weakness as a coach.

We've spoken about being more compact and having less spaces and that is what has been most evident which allows us to keep more clean sheets. A lot of it to do with a lack of defensive structure and planning when we didn't have the ball.

Our defensive issues were a mix of poor options and the previous manager preferring a more open style, prioritising scoring goals to keeping clean sheets.

Worrall reads the game well and is comfortable to receive and play the ball. He's difficult to beat and wins aerial duals.

Not sure what else you're expecting from the kid, I think he's been a revelation and without him our defensive numbers and league position would be far worse.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Karanka Mutineer

Make up your mind.

We talking about whether he is capable of being part of a footballing side and whether he can pass it out.

If we talking about conceding goals as a team then that wasn't solely the defences fault. It was a combination of factors that Warburton probably didn't address enough and is probably his weakness as a coach.

We've spoken about being more compact and having less spaces and that is what has been most evident which allows us to keep more clean sheets. A lot of it to do with a lack of defensive structure and planning when we didn't have the ball.
    The whole side were capable of being in a side of possession football. Winning on the other hand they couldn't do. If teams play the style Warbs did they need to cut down on the goals conceded column to be sucsessful. Everyone is trying to have there cake and eat it.

Either the managers tactics were poor or the players can't play the style sucsessfully. Games aren't won on passing but on scoring and keeping the ball out of the net. Our side playing that style struggled defensively and Worrall has a fair amount of mistakes to his name but not more than any of our other defenders granted. Our marking from crosses is terrible surely that shows how Worrall and co struggled defensively.

My next point as well which I don't think your giving me credit for is I think under Karanka the style will suit his skills so much better. If the full backs and wingers double up on the wings and stop crosses plus we press better then Worrall I feel will really flourish as well Mance to be fair. Well this is there best to flourish I've lost all hope with our set of players.

The whole side were capable of being in a side of possession football. Winning on the other hand they couldn't do. If teams play the style Warbs did they need to cut down on the goals conceded column to be sucsessful. Everyone is trying to have there cake and eat it.

Either the managers tactics were poor or the players can't play the style sucsessfully. Games aren't won on passing but on scoring and keeping the ball out of the net. Our side playing that style struggled defensively and Worrall has a fair amount of mistakes to his name but not more than any of our other defenders granted. Our marking from crosses is terrible surely that shows how Worrall and co struggled defensively.

My next point as well which I don't think your giving me credit for is I think under Karanka the style will suit his skills so much better. If the full backs and wingers double up on the wings and stop crosses plus we press better then Worrall I feel will really flourish as well Mance to be fair. Well this is there best to flourish I've lost all hope with our set of players.
    Don't want to be involved in your going around in circles.

What I will say is, read Maxi's post above.

Getting the passing platform with hopefully more steel and tactical thinking will hopefully make us a more complete team now.

But no doubt we need a few improvements in the squad. This is also something that patience over time will get us competing results wise more as well.

The project goes on.

Its probably past my realm of knowledge going into this but for both PM and MW, who both wanted open passing styles of play, had one game we all quote. For me its the Barnsley game(PM) and the QPR game(MW) which are the most memorable and complete games. Now, why they couldn't continue after those games is beyond me. But, I could guess that each team in this leagues sets up differently and often enough we hear that MW was stubborn with his approach and that he set up the same way usually each game. Thats what Aitor does differently I guess, with huge dossiers about each team and using it to base the style of play.

We'll see what aitor could do against teams who play a very defensive style, like Burton, because we never beat shit teams out of purely running out of ideas.

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Freedman View Post
    Its probably past my realm of knowledge going into this but for both PM and MW, who both wanted open passing styles of play, had one game we all quote. For me its the Barnsley game(PM) and the QPR game(MW) which are the most memorable and complete games. Now, why they couldn't continue after those games is beyond me. But, I could guess that each team in this leagues sets up differently and often enough we hear that MW was stubborn with his approach and that he set up the same way usually each game. Thats what Aitor does differently I guess, with huge dossiers about each team and using it to base the style of play.

We'll see what aitor could do against teams who play a very defensive style, like Burton, because we never beat shit teams out of purely running out of ideas.
    I'd love to have a team that plays a certain way and other teams worry about us, but it's virtually impossible with our resources.
    What Monty and Warbs tried to do was admirable and I was fully behind it.
    But in reality, it wasn't sustainable, we just haven't got the quality or squad for it.

At this point we need to adapt for each game accordingly. Improve as we go along and make additions when we can, we can get there without it being one step forward three steps back.

I'm looking forward to the battle games now, because I think we will outsmart teams like Burton and Millwall.

We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I'd love to have a team that plays a certain way and other teams worry about us, but it's virtually impossible with our resources.
    What Monty and Warbs tried to do was admirable and I was fully behind it.
    But in reality, it wasn't sustainable, we just haven't got the quality or squad for it.

At this point we need to adapt for each game accordingly. Improve as we go along and make additions when we can, we can get there without it being one step forward three steps back.

I'm looking forward to the battle games now, because I think we will outsmart teams like Burton and Millwall.

We'll see...
    One hopes, we beat the best team in this league and yet if we cant beat teams like Milwall, that'll just piss me off.

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Freedman View Post
    One hopes, we beat the best team in this league and yet if we cant beat teams like Milwall, that'll just piss me off.
    We'll be okay mate. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    We'll be okay mate. There's more than one way to skin a cat.
    It's just that we only try a fucking liquidiser to do it.

Don't want to be involved in your going around in circles.

What I will say is, read Maxi's post above.

Getting the passing platform with hopefully more steel and tactical thinking will hopefully make us a more complete team now.

But no doubt we need a few improvements in the squad. This is also something that patience over time will get us competing results wise more as well.

The project goes on.

On paper this is a good theory, on grass though I think despite the good defensive performance on Saturday we need serious investment in that back four! I must say, having watched the game Saturday, fox looked very good, defensively, in comparison to Traore.

Poor old Joe, just can't do anything right for you can he?
    Don't suppose he's too bothered what you think though.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

A bit late, I know but that was one of the most controlled and solid away performances I've seen in years.

We managed the game well, created enough chances going forward and shut them out completely.

Ride a white swan

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    A bit late, I know but that was one of the most controlled and solid away performances I've seen in years.

We managed the game well, created enough chances going forward and shut them out completely.
    We were that good we wouldn't even have needed your skills Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by jamesaubrey87 View Post
    On paper this is a good theory, on grass though I think despite the good defensive performance on Saturday we need serious investment in that back four! I must say, having watched the game Saturday, fox looked very good, defensively, in comparison to Traore.
    TBF Edward Fox would look good defensively in comparison to Traore!!

Quote Originally Posted by DickytheIlsonRed View Post
    TBF Emilia Fox would look good defensively in comparison to Traore!!
    FTFY

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby