Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Premium Watches

Floating in space.

Default Re: Premium Watches

They sell those Daytona watches in Shanghai, $20. Might grab one as that is Asda price compared to the UK price.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

What did you go for in the end?

Probably missed the boat but agree that Seiko are excellent watches for the money. They have a huge fanbase amongst watch enthusiasts. If they were Swiss, their prices would be much higher.

I have a few Seikos and for £500 I'd recommend picking up a Seiko SKX007 and a Seiko SARB065 (also known as a Seiko Cocktail Time). This would give you an ideal 2 watch combination of a classic certified dive watch and a dress watch. This would cover you for all occasions. The SARB065 has an amazing dial and a display back.

For each of these I have a couple of different straps and bracelets that totally change the look and feel of the watch.

I don't think either of these two models are sold in the UK but can be got via eBay or Yorkshire Watches.

Seiko are hard to beat for the price.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The crown part of the winder on my Tissot sheared from the pin.
    To repair: £80.
    To have a full service on the watch with replacement of the crown wheel and pin £160.
    As it has great sentimental value, and hasn't been serviced in 10 years I've decided to splash out on the service and repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    The crown part of the winder on my Tissot sheared from the pin.
    To repair: £80.
    To have a full service on the watch with replacement of the crown wheel and pin £160.
    As it has great sentimental value, and hasn't been serviced in 10 years I've decided to splash out on the service and repair.
    Very good choice! Full service is totally needed

Premium watches, I've had a few, Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean chronograph, a Bell and Ross something or other and an IWC dress watch.

Flogged the lot of them a few years ago when cash was a bit tight. Now all I have is a bright red Casio g-shock which funnily enough tells the time just as well as any of the others.

Luxury watches are for attention seeking wannabe playboys. You'd get laid far more easily and often with a 2nd hand BMW Z4 roadster, or such like, than with a trinket on your wrist.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Premium watches, I've had a few,
    But then again, too few to mention ...

Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    Very good choice! Full service is totally needed
    Watch now back - looks better than new having been repaired, serviced, cleaned and polished.
    And it is once again keeping perfect time (although, what is time?).

I love watches. I always have and notice them whenever I meet someone new. Maybe because punctuality is a big thing for me.

I own two watches, one of which I wore for 10 years and is still a classic and the one I wear now Iíve been wearing for about 15 years. Both keep impeccable time.

Itís my sonís 21st coming up and itís always been my intention to buy him a timepiece which will stand the test of time and something he can value for many years.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    I love watches. I always have and notice them whenever I meet someone new. Maybe because punctuality is a big thing for me.

I own two watches, one of which I wore for 10 years and is still a classic and the one I wear now I’ve been wearing for about 15 years. Both keep impeccable time.

It’s my son’s 21st coming up and it’s always been my intention to buy him a timepiece which will stand the test of time and something he can value for many years.
    if you would provide the budget i could throw some proposals if needed

if you would provide the budget i could throw some proposals if needed
    Thanks, thatís kind. Looking at Tag Heuer at the minute. Metal strap. Budget is c. £1500.

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    Thanks, that’s kind. Looking at Tag Heuer at the minute. Metal strap. Budget is c. £1500.
    https://www.oris.ch/en/watches/oris-...065-07-8-20-18
    https://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/long...29-4-78-6.html
    https://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/tag-...1a-ba0928.html

it is a little bit difficult to find an automatic watch from a well known brand with bracelet in this budget. however there are options. if you could provide also the style it would be helpful. eg diver, dress, pilot?

there are also some good choices with strap

like longines legend diver, tudor black bay etc

there are also some very good Hamilton watches with great quality and vfm. they are part of the swatch group (omega, tissot etc)

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collec...es/gender-mens

https://www.oris.ch/en/watches/oris-...065-07-8-20-18
    https://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/long...29-4-78-6.html
    https://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/tag-...1a-ba0928.html

it is a little bit difficult to find an automatic watch from a well known brand with bracelet in this budget. however there are options. if you could provide also the style it would be helpful. eg diver, dress, pilot?

there are also some good choices with strap

like longines legend diver, tudor black bay etc

there are also some very good Hamilton watches with great quality and vfm. they are part of the swatch group (omega, tissot etc)

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collec...es/gender-mens
    Thanks, Iíll have a look.