Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Karanka signings

Yeah it's pretty natural for a speculation piece from the NEP.

Although I wouldn't be unhappy with say Leadbitter and Friend.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Clayton and Bamford being reported from their end...

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/spo...t_appointment/

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Clayton and Bamford being reported from their end...

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/spo...t_appointment/
    If there's one thing this club needs, it's more forwards.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

and short midfielders.....

I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

Clayton and Bamford are the only likely ones given Friend, Gibson and Leadbitter all seem to have retained their starting positions.

Do we need either? Hard to say, and certainly wouldn't be spending much money on them if anything. If we could tempt Friend and one of Gibson/Ayala however...

Karanka Mutineer

Not that type of player

Clayton would be a good signing and just what we need in midfield.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Clayton would be a good signing and just what we need in midfield.
    Agreed. Vaughan is still a classy player and mover of the ball, but he's about 35 now. Clayton can turn out and move the play either side. He can be a bit tenacious too. Would be happy with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Agreed. Vaughan is still a classy player and mover of the ball, but he's about 35 now. Clayton can turn out and move the play either side. He can be a bit tenacious too. Would be happy with him.
    Sounds like Bridcutt, and Osborn.

I'd rather have a tall, ball winning bastard next to him, or a box to box energetic player who can push the press, depending on whether we play more defensively or more expansively. Preferably the former given we lack height across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post

I'd rather have a tall, ball winning bastard next to him, or a box to box energetic player who can push the press, depending on whether we play more defensively or more expansively. Preferably the former given we lack height across the board.
    I'm hoping Karanka puts faith in young lads. Because we might have that with Yates is a years time. He's a tall, rangey midfielder who is a bit more old school box-to-box and can put pressure on.

Karanka got Boro promoted with Clayton and Leadbitter at the DM spots though and Leadbitter isn't exactly huge at 5'9. I think Clayton is a bit of a cross between Osborn and Vaughan; a better passer than Osborn but more mobile than Vaughan.

I get your point I always think a CM/DM with height is favourable, not sure why though the best one in the world now days is only 5'6.

I'm hoping Karanka puts faith in young lads. Because we might have that with Yates is a years time. He's a tall, rangey midfielder who is a bit more old school box-to-box and can put pressure on.
    It's only a rumour, but Bamford coming here would suggest that he's not going to spend time blooding youth, and it'll be more of a Billy-esq "if you're good enough you play"

Best served cold

Clayton would be a good signing.

Leadbitter is still fairly involved there and Bamford doesn't offer anything better than what we already have.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Karanka got Boro promoted with Clayton and Leadbitter at the DM spots though and Leadbitter isn't exactly huge at 5'9. I think Clayton is a bit of a cross between Osborn and Vaughan; a better passer than Osborn but more mobile than Vaughan.

I get your point I always think a CM/DM with height is favourable, not sure why though the best one in the world now days is only 5'6.
    Kante has all the energy in the world, and the three defenders behind him are massive.

We lack height in the squad, it needs to go in somewhere. Personally I would be looking at replacing Mancienne and Vaughan in the spine to add height. We're at risk of tightening up against through/width against Karanka, only to succumb to teams who adapt against us and play route one football, which we won't be able to deal with.

First thing he needs to do is sign Ryan Yates to a long term contract. Only got 6 months left and I spoke to GB last week who said that the only way he's let Yates go was 'over my dead body'!! Also said he was the bast young player he'd had at the club during his time and that he saw Yates and Bridcutt as our starting central midfield next season. Gotta take that seriously!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brettgo View Post
    First thing he needs to do is sign Ryan Yates to a long term contract. Only got 6 months left and I spoke to GB last week who said that the only way he's let Yates go was 'over my dead body'!! Also said he was the bast young player he'd had at the club during his time and that he saw Yates and Bridcutt as our starting central midfield next season. Gotta take that seriously!!!
    Good bit of info that, thanks.

Hopefully if we do sign a CM it won't prompt Yates to look elsewhere. He would have been fairly confident of getting a chance under Warbs, whereas a new setup - especially one which brings in players in his position - may put doubts in his mind.

Fingers crossed Kranks can reassure him and get him to sign asap.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Bringing Bamford back would get the disgruntled back on side
    I'm sure they won't allow a typical piece of baseless NP space-filling prevent them from getting all worked-up Alf.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 10-01-18 at 16:13.

Yates gone to Scunthorpe on loan

Quote Originally Posted by Alvar Hanso View Post
    Yates gone to Scunthorpe on loan
    And has apparently signed a new deal.

How about a tall, box to box energetic player? Although if we also want him to be skilful, as I would, then it might not be easy to find one, cheaply anyway!: depends on definition I suppose as arguably Gardner fitted the mould just about. It might not have to be Patrick Vieira mark two.

Kante has all the energy in the world, and the three defenders behind him are massive.

We lack height in the squad, it needs to go in somewhere. Personally I would be looking at replacing Mancienne and Vaughan in the spine to add height. We're at risk of tightening up against through/width against Karanka, only to succumb to teams who adapt against us and play route one football, which we won't be able to deal with.
    I'd go along with this. Without knowing how Karanka wants to approach it, Id say we need to take steps to introduce some height & physicality in there.

Friend, Ayala & Guedioura would do for starters.

Oh, I hadn't read this one! Is he also skilful (within reason - I don't mean a new Lars Bohinen or something - I did see the remarks on one thread that Grant pulled out the moments of quality but Yates was the consistently good one in terms of what they are doing at County)?

I'd be interested to see what Dael Fry's situation is at Middlesbrough right now. Karanka gave him his debut at 17, but he seems on the sidelines under Pulis. He could be a really smart pick up, in a position of need with a lot of potential. People might think it'd leave our central defence too young, but i've seen enough terrible 'experienced' defenders at Forest, to not be concerned.

Is Dawson worth bringing back here ?

I wouldn't want Ayala. No pace and injury prone. I would rather have leadbiter as captain and leadership and Kevin Macdonald for some height and bite. Collins from west ham for some experience at the back.