Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Karanka signings

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur's Cape View Post
    Pretty much agree although I would have Jokic and Jamie Ward on the top 6 list. On the whole it is a very depressing list.
    Forgot to include Dowell!

Agree about Jokic, Ward may sneak it as a backup-backup

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Karanka faces a very different set of circumstances here. He will have a smaller budget and will be expected to ensure youth is still at the core of what he's doing. Or so I'd assume. If he can make a handful of astute signings this window, we should be able to limp through to the summer where our younger players will have gained more experience, Karanka will have been able to work on what he wants them to do, and then he'll be able to add more depth where needed.
    That's my whole point with folk saying "he's the best we can get". It really depends what the job entails, and what he has to work with.

Hope he does it, I just see the circumstances at Boro very different to ours in terms of time & investment. Hopefully Kranky will rise to the task, or circumstances here will change to suit his methods.

I would be amazed if AK did not go for Leadbitter. He was his captain at Boro and is in the last year of his contract according to the Smoggie Gazette. Might get him for £300-500k and has probably got 2-3 years left in him.

Him and Bridcutt would be as strong a base in the midfield as just about any in the championship.

I would be amazed if AK did not go for Leadbitter. He was his captain at Boro and is in the last year of his contract according to the Smoggie Gazette. Might get him for £300-500k and has probably got 2-3 years left in him.

Him and Bridcutt would be as strong a base in the midfield as just about any in the championship.
    Funny you should say that because I was thinking Karanka might go for his midfield partner Adam Clayton; seems like he's angling for a move away from Boro, he's been linked with Leeds, Villa and Derby, wonder if Karanka could swoop in and pinch him from under their noses.

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Funny you should say that because I was thinking Karanka might go for his midfield partner Adam Clayton; seems like he's angling for a move away from Boro, he's been linked with Leeds, Villa and Derby, wonder if Karanka could swoop in and pinch him from under their noses.
    I thought about him and he would be a cracking signing but I think he would be more expensive. With Leadbitter he gets someone he trusts for a smaller fee.

With being in the Prem recently, I imagine all Boro players have wages outside of our budget

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    With being in the Prem recently, I imagine all Boro players have wages outside of our budget
    Unless we're now going "all in" again Fawaz-stylee?

Short term.

Left back
    Centre back
    DM
    Right winger

Pity it is about 3 years too late. I'd rather see Bridcutt in there with someone like Clayton (as mentioned above).

Iker Casillas is supposedly allowed to leave Porto on a free this month and has said he's even willing to play without wages to get a move...

Impressive member

Iker Casillas is supposedly allowed to leave Porto on a free this month and has said he's even willing to play without wages to get a move...
    What's his kicking like?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Meanwhile, Wolves are rumoured to have had a €35m bid turned down for Andre Silva the striker at A.C Milan and are expected to come back in with a higher offer.................

Left Winger

Meanwhile, Wolves are rumoured to have had a €35m bid turned down for Andre Silva the striker at A.C Milan and are expected to come back in with a higher offer.................
    Fucking hell. In the Championship.

Financial Fair Play? Bollocks.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Fucking hell. In the Championship.

Financial Fair Play? Bollocks.
    They will get away with it if they go up though, it is the beauty of it all...

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    They will get away with it if they go up though, it is the beauty of it all...
    And they would get away with it, if not for those pesky kids (Cash, Brereton, Grant....etc)

I think we're a bit too far behind now though to be honest!

We have money. Seems the owners were trying to push money onto Warbo who turned it down/found the players were not available. Traore, Carayol are decent players at this level; need game time and avoidance of injury. Ward would be in my extended squad as would Bouchalakis.

Wolves have got three years to retrieve their outgoings (or get promoted as mentioned) and the owner can place some of the debt into equity. A club who pumps so much money into their team must have great confidence that the manager (and team) will deliver. Let's hope they don't!!!

There's nothing stopping other Championship clubs from doing this as well.

Wolves are gambling, successfully too by the looks of it, but if a Chinese billionaire wants to buy Burton and hire a Portuguese agent to buy loads of quality players, they'd be more than welcome. Like Wolves, they'll have to gamble with the potential consequences.

I personally don't think another club will be put under a FFP embargo. Its days are numbered, and too many clubs have gotten around the rules for it to hold any serious weight now.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Project Zeus; 09-01-18 at 18:19.

Impressive member

Typical Forest. Whipping boys again.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    I personally don't think another club will be put under a FFP embargo. Its days are numbered, and too many clubs have gotten around the rules for it to hold any serious weight now.
    This. It won't happen unless a club wants it to happen, like Fawaz did. It suited Fawaz being under embargo because there was no more pressure to spend any money.

Even if Wolves were not to go up, they may fall foul of FFP, however they will still have the players available to play for them.

I don't see it as much of a gamble, if you can afford 35m on one player, then kudos to you.

If the FL had any sense/ gave a shit they'd make a penalty to stop teams from breaching FFP to get promoted e.g. a 10-12 point deduction once you've gone up along with an embargo, but they couldn't care less and make it up as they go.

Plus if teams are gonna stand a chance of competing in the Premier League now days it's almost a necessity to spend big, might as well do it in anticipation of going up if there's no penalty for doing so.

Impressive member

FFP is a paper exercise that Fawaz failed, deliberately or ignorantly.

Impressive member

A few links but probably no substance, just speculation.

The Post reaches new levels of laziness. Clayton and Leadbitter were mentioned on here, Ayala and Bamford are former NFFC players (Ayala only on loan of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    A few links but probably no substance, just speculation.

Bringing Bamford back would get the disgruntled back on side