Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Aitor Karanaka - your thoughts?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Si, Senor!

64 60.38%
  • No, gracias!

4 3.77%
  • I'd rather have had someone else...

7 6.60%
  • I'm just fed up of the whole bloody circus!

31 29.25%
Page 41 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 5232

Thread: Aitor Karanka! (a.k.a. pointless bickering about bollocks)

Default Re: It's Karanka

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    What jobs are they? In my trade you have to hit the ground running with impossible expectations. I reflect this into my leisure time because I feel bitter about it.
    If we aren't sixth in the league by April his P45 will be in the post. That's the real world.
    Seriously? In any job that manages 20+ employees the expectation to overhaul after 4 days is unreasonable. The guy has had f all contact with these players. I guess you are Superman, how come you weren’t in the running for the job

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Maybe if the manager would have bothered to revamp the defence that almost got us relegated over the past transfer window and shown some flexibility in the upcoming window targets he wouldn't have given the club the option to sack him.

The reality is this summer should have been "the clearout", and only one player wasn't involved last season (Dowell) started today.

Hopefully Karanka isn't as naive.
    Replace "defence" with "attack" and "AK" with "shiny new manager", and you'll be saying the same in 6-9 months.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Maybe if the manager would have bothered to revamp the defence that almost got us relegated over the past transfer window and shown some flexibility in the upcoming window targets he wouldn't have given the club the option to sack him.

The reality is this summer should have been "the clearout", and only one player wasn't involved last season (Dowell) started today.

Hopefully Karanka isn't as naive.
    How are we going to clear out when no one wants our players, even on frees? It was always going to be summer 2018 when we got rid of Hobbs, mills etc.

I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    I agree.

Tell the fans sho use Sunderland as a stick to beat Warburton with when he'd already been sacked, or the same fans who use Derby as a stick to beat Davies with for the same reason.

If those 2 games are down to the manager, then today's is with AK.

Of course I believe all 3 weren't anything to do with the manager. But if folk are gonna slate Warns & Davies for those defeats, AK gets the blame for today.
    Karankas only been here 3 days Alf? The others used their plan & their players

Help me understand why Karanka carrys the can for today.

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRed View Post
    Seriously? In any job that manages 20+ employees the expectation to overhaul after 4 days is unreasonable. The guy has had f all contact with these players. I guess you are Superman, how come you weren’t in the running for the job
    If I was employed by a company and they sent me to your house to fit your new £6,000 kitchen and the work was substandard, what would you say?
    He's new, he needs time, he didn't have the right tools and shrug your shoulders?
    No you wouldn't. You'd complain, want a refund or a discount with the work being corrected.
    I'd probably get fired as well.
    That's the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Karankas only been here 3 days Alf? The others used their plan & their players

Help me understand why Karanka carrys the can for today.
    He doesn't. That was my point.

Warbs Sunderland, Davies Derby. All in the same bracket - a manager who isn't really managing at that point in time.

But agendas & lies innit?

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    He doesn't. That was my point.

Warbs Sunderland, Davies Derby. All in the same bracket - a manager who isn't really managing at that point in time.

But agendas & lies innit?
    What about Dougie?

If I was employed by a company and they sent me to your house to fit your new £6,000 kitchen and the work was substandard, what would you say?
    He's new, he needs time, he didn't have the right tools and shrug your shoulders?
    No you wouldn't. You'd complain, want a refund or a discount with the work being corrected.
    That's the real world.
    Ok, fair enough, let’s fire him so. In that case we’d have had hundreds of managers based on your wisdom instead of 19 since Sir Brian.

By the way, when you are fitting a £6K kitchen, don’t F it up, just saying.

The Wand!

Ok, fair enough, let’s fire him so. In that case we’d have had hundreds of managers based on your wisdom instead of 19 since Sir Brian.

By the way, when you are fitting a £6K kitchen, don’t F it up, just saying.
    I'm only kidding mate

Ah jeeze, I was getting all up In meself. Have a good one fella!

karanka is goimg to have a rough few weeks. better buckle in.

What jobs are they? In my trade you have to hit the ground running with impossible expectations. I reflect this into my leisure time because I feel bitter about it.
    If we aren't sixth in the league by April his P45 will be in the post. That's the real world.

Cold weather like this you need to scale right down, next time try caster and a little hemp on top, takes time to build but you can sort out the better fish this way.

In the real world of mid to large companies, and Forest is one based employees and turnover. where I worked for thirty years, management expectations are built over three years. Year one is get to know the industry, business, and people and start to build a strategy for the future. Year two is start to implement the strategy, and change things to how you want them. Year three is resultS time, and if they are good then you get promoted, if not you move on.
    In Football I can see this is shortened because of board expectations, but the steps are still the same. Come in get to know the club and the players, and adapt the style. Through six months to eighteen months change the players to deliver the style of play you want. Then what happens after that is down to you.
    So for AK if I am the Board, and obviously I am not, then bring in a couple of players now and just make sure we are safe and no relegation battle. Big changes in the summer and next season top half, and 2019/2020 promotion.
    SIMPLES

Last edited by forest_forever_99; 14-01-18 at 09:33. Reason: misspelling

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Doesn't this just highlight the idiocy of sacking a manager mid-season and 24 hours before the transfer window opens..........

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

That's the real world.
    It Forest sold kitchens they'd sack you and employ fucking Lard instead.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    It Forest sold kitchens they'd sack you and employ fucking Lard instead.
    Lard would just chop-up the worktops and make them into bird boxes.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Doesn't this just highlight the idiocy of sacking a manager mid-season and 24 hours before the transfer window opens..........
    This is it.

Everybody playing devil's advocate here against AK is saying the same thing. We obviously know that it's going to take AK longer than 1 day.

What we're trying to get across is that we also knew it would take BD mk1, SOD, SP and MW etc longer than six months but they didn't get it. And you didn't let them.

I really think we should make a sticky about why we couldn't buy defenders and expensive players in the summer... Something about FFP, embargo's, debt and wages to turnover problems.

It's infuriating. MW had to sell his best player, buy cheap and couldn't get rid of dead wood. He did this for NFFC to balance our books.

We've got to look at the bigger picture one day to progress this club, and we all need to. Otherwise we'll be calling for AK's job at the end of the season and we'll go into another summer buying random players.

Last edited by Collymore!; 14-01-18 at 10:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Collymore! View Post
    This is it.

Everybody playing devil's advocate here against AK is saying the same thing. We obviously know that it's going to take AK longer than 1 day.

What were trying to get across is that we also knew it would take BD mk1, SOD, SP and MW etc longer than six months but they didn't get it. And you didn't let them.

I really think we should make a sticky about why we couldn't buy defenders and expensive players in the summer... Something about FFP, embargo's, debt and wages to turnover problems.

It's infuriating. MW had to sell his best player, buy cheap and couldn't get rid of dead wood. He did this for NFFC to balance our books.

We've got to look at the bigger picture one day to progress this club, and we all need to. Otherwise we'll be calling for AK's job at the end of the season and we'll go into another summer buying random players.
    Spot on.

But where Warbs had the feel-good factor behind him & forward progression from relegation, AK comes in to a fair few fans feeling a bit betrayed, and any slide back to relegation will just emphasise all the bad vibes created by the changes this past months.

Lads got a tough task ahead of him. Another tough task which the club has created itself when it didn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by forest_forever_99 View Post
    In the real world of mid to large companies, and Forest is one based employees and turnover. where I worked for thirty years, management expectations are built over three years. Year one is get to know the industry, business, and people and start to build a strategy for the future. Year two is start to implement the strategy, and change things to how you want them. Year three is resultS time, and if they are good then you get promoted, if not you move on.
    In Football I can see this is shortened because of board expectations, but the steps are still the same. Come in get to know the club and the players, and adapt the style. Through six months to eighteen months change the players to deliver the style of play you want. Then what happens after that is down to you.
    So for AK if I am the Board, and obviously I am not, then bring in a couple of players now and just make sure we are safe and no relegation battle. Big changes in the summer and next season top half, and 2019/2020 promotion.
    SIMPLES
    To get the opportunity to see a slow burning plan through, you have to get the team stable on the pitch. What constitutes stable is subjective, win one lose one doesn't scream stable, so when the losses increase your inviting trouble.

Long term plans are great as long as you keep half an eye on the short term to appease ambitious owners & fans who can't see beyond the next three games.

Last edited by MASE; 14-01-18 at 11:11.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    To get the opportunity to see a slow burning plan through, you have to get the team stable on the pitch. What constitutes stable is subjective, win one lose one doesn't scream stable, so when the losses increase your inviting trouble.

Long term plans are great as long as you keep half an eye on the short term to appease ambitious owners & fans who can't see beyond the next three games.
    If we have an owner who can't see past the next three games we may as well all give up now. High possibility Karankas first three games will be losses. Too much work across the entire club to put any expectations above avoiding relegation in the short term.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Karanka Mutineer

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Lard would just chop-up the worktops and make them into bird boxes.
    He'd put nest hole access in the side panels and there'd be fat balls hanging from the cooker hood.

He'd put nest hole access in the side panels and there'd be fat balls hanging from the cooker hood.
    Reminds me of the last argument I had with the wife.

The Wand!

oopsy daisy!

What about Dougie?
    Him too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    When you do it in the summer and end up with SMc?

Is there a good time?