Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Aitor Karanaka - your thoughts?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Si, Senor!

64 60.38%
  • No, gracias!

4 3.77%
  • I'd rather have had someone else...

7 6.60%
  • I'm just fed up of the whole bloody circus!

31 29.25%
Page 207 of 210 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 5232

Thread: Aitor Karanka! (a.k.a. pointless bickering about bollocks)

Impressive member

Default Re: Aitor Karanka! (a.k.a. pointless bickering about bollocks)

Quote Originally Posted by eugeneboppboppbopp View Post
    It's been said a million times that he tried to sign some decent defenders in his window and got priced out of it.

After that you use who you've got till the next window. But all the games he won he ragged and all the games he lost we were out of it after 30 mins.

One trick pony, no plan B ect. And all his signings were shit.

Fucking awful manager. But I didn't want him sacked......

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Someone defended Karanka earlier by pointing out that he tried to sign - and failed - Jordan Rhodes on transfer deadline day. But Mase wants to whitewash the reports that Warburton tried to sign an experienced keeper and strong defenders - and failed - before the transfer window slammed shut. You're only allowed to see things from his viewpoint; any opposing argument is forbidden.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Impressive member

"If there was anything, anything in the Warburton tenure to suggest he was interested in defending, then there might be a case for it."

You could counter the same comment about scoring goals with Karanka. Lowest amount of goals scored in the top 8 teams in his first Championship season (even Forest scored more than Boro that season), lowest amount of goals scored in the top 6 teams in his second season, lowest amount of goals scored in the Premier league in his season in the top flight
    It might be boring as hell but as long as we're not conceding we'll be fine.

Last edited by Cortez the Killer; 14-03-18 at 00:39.

The Wand!

Take me out tonight
    Because I want to see people and I
    Want to see life
    Driving in your car
    Oh, please don't drop me home
    Because it's not my home, it's their
    Home, and I'm welcome no more
    And if a double-decker bus
    Crashes into us
    To die by your side
    Is such a heavenly way to die
    And if a ten-ton truck
    Kills the both of us
    To die by your side
    Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine

Last edited by Bryn Gunn; 14-03-18 at 00:47.

Well I don't know about you lot but before the Direby game I had an inner sense of ease and mild expectation we might kick their arses. After the game I felt a sense of que sera sera but not particularly deflated by the spectacle. Work in progress.
    Unfortunately under MW the hope and expectation of the new season and the 'fantastic' preseason had too quickly turning into increasing periods of growing disillusionment followed by despair but punctuated with glimmers of hope only to be followed with deja-vu (last season). I liked MW and what he was trying to do and to a point what he'd already achieved with tidying the playing squad leaving it better than when he arrived. But for whatever reasons it wasn't working and the plug was pulled. Only time will tell if AK's the man or not and whether the squad will be better when he leaves than when AK arrived. Hopefully he'll be given the time to show he is where others have not.

lol

Who's tryna scrap

i've been studying calculus for 7 hours straight, im ready for a fucking fight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Freedman View Post
    Who's tryna scrap

i've been studying calculus for 7 hours straight, im ready for a fucking fight.
    peace has invaded the threaD, feel the positive waves man, chill

lol

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO:PSYCHO:PSYCHO View Post
    peace has invaded the threaD, feel the positive waves man, chill
    This sentence has a positive tangent line parallel to it, it must be a maximum.

Banned

This sentence has a positive tangent line parallel to it, it must be a maximum.
    so i wasn't the only one reading up on our dearly departed friend Dr Stephen Hawking, just started his book 'The Theory of Everything' this thread is crying out for a quantum physic paradigm

lol

so i wasn't the only one reading up on our dearly departed friend Dr Stephen Hawking, just started his book 'The Theory of Everything' this thread is crying out for a quantum physic paradigm
    Jesus wept no I wasn't lol, should read it tho. I was talking about derivatives.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lol

It's actually quite weird thinking that he's no longer with us. Very strange feeling for some reason.

Banned

Jesus wept no I wasn't lol, should read it tho. I was talking about derivatives.

2 attacks a day on this thread i need to rest ready to do it all over again ...

goodnight

lol

2 attacks a day on this thread i need to rest ready to do it all over again ...

goodnight
    No that's the bloody spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Someone defended Karanka earlier by pointing out that he tried to sign - and failed - Jordan Rhodes on transfer deadline day. But Mase wants to whitewash the reports that Warburton tried to sign an experienced keeper and strong defenders - and failed - before the transfer window slammed shut. You're only allowed to see things from his viewpoint; any opposing argument is forbidden.
    Far from looking to whitewash any reports about signings, I'm telling you he could have signed a fucking premier league back four, but if he's got no organised plan when we lose the ball in front of them, then they'll be hopelessly exposed like the last lot. Its as much about disciplined shape as it is good players, Warburtons style may have been easier on the eye, but his pass & move style left big holes & a pretty ragged formation.

Its not a difficult point to grasp, it accounts for transfer windows & as much time as you want to give him. Until you show me he's prevailed with that format, he did okay at Brentford, but he bought very little of that here, front to back. To that end, I'll back a manager who has success on his CV.

I just put points out there to be debated, "any opposing argument is forbidden" is a curious comment from a poster who puts me on ignore yet constantly refers to my input, either directly or subliminally to wind it up.

Your a troll mate.

Last edited by MASE; 14-03-18 at 08:05.

With MW still in place, we would have added a few kids from Scotland in the window, be playing nice pretty football, and NOT be unbeaten in six, and WOULD BE about fifth from bottom in a relegation fight..
    Very happy we changed

When i was younger i suffered quite bad from insomnia. Only those that have had insomnia will know what it does to your life. It is very much like having a secret life, you're awake like everyone else and then theres the time where everyone else sleeps in the house and you cant. You almost become a zombie, where time takes on a whole new meaning.

Anyway after trying everything to combat it in the end i resorted to having TV on in the background and would just lay there not even watching hoping to drift off.

One summer Sky used to show what was a season review of Aussie Rugby League. Not my cup of tea but a soundtrack to hopeful sleep. The team who won the league kept scoring during the highlight reels and like our goal music they had try music.

As i lay there i remember thinking, i know this song, i love this song but what the hell is this song? Their home ground was quite open air so there was an echo which meant you couldn't hear the words just "the hook"

Pre Shazam id lay there for weeks doing my nut what the song was... Weeks for someone awake all the time is a long time. i knew it, it was popular but what the hell was it. Made the tune at work nobody knew it. It started to irk as much as the zombie type mess id become. Sky replayed the show a few times a week and in my comatose state i would hear it and curse.

Got to be a good Two months and my mum got her left hand burnt at work which meant she couldn't change gear to drive. She had a wedding to go to so asked me if id drive her to some shitty shop in an old factory now turned into loads of little shops that old people like type place.... and wait whilst she picked something out to wear for the wedding.

I hate shopping of any description and after several hours of lies about liking the several hundred outfits the old dear tried on....i sat there wondering if i really forced it, i could fit through the slightly opened window i could see... and fall to my imminent death.

I was snapped out of it by my old dear asking me about another shitty hat with goal netting on it when i heard it... you see the shop had music playing, not by the actual artist but one of them pan pipe CDs where its "100 songs you know and love on 10 CDs".... on the TV advert.. It was "that" song, but on pan pipes... my mum whilst looking in the mirror adjusting her hat said "oh you like this song dont you?..ive heard you humming it.. i Like it was well, mind you i like most of Peter Gabriels songs..."

i sat there stunned "you what?"

"This song, you like it....Solsbury hill."

She knew all along, id just never asked her.

Every time i hear that song now it reminds me of that shit time and i smile. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and all that.

To me, this thread has become that song to this forum... its the earworm that is irritating every one yet the answer to it is out there and probably right in front of us if we look...

Im hoping like i do with all the managers that walk through our revolving door, that like me and that song we can one day look back at these kinds of shit arguments about things that dont really matter and smile about it.

And for those who have no idea what im talking about, here it is.

https://youtu.be/_OO2PuGz-H8

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Too close to Derby but still an NG postcode

Karankas football would have cured your insomnia Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosmerino View Post
    Karankas football would have cured your insomnia Barry.
    Dougal got there before him

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The truth of this is that Warburton is a decent manager. Give him a good squad and he could win this league in style.

An excellent manager can get results with an inferior squad through tactics and organisation. Karanka is starting to show signs of this.

They are both decent Championship level managers but for where we are as a club Karanka probably suits us better.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    "If there was anything, anything in the Warburton tenure to suggest he was interested in defending, then there might be a case for it."

You could counter the same comment about scoring goals with Karanka. Lowest amount of goals scored in the top 8 teams in his first Championship season (even Forest scored more than Boro that season), lowest amount of goals scored in the top 6 teams in his second season, lowest amount of goals scored in the Premier league in his season in the top flight
    It might be boring as hell but as long as we're not conceding we'll be fine.

All of those stats are better than 11th highest scorers in the league, with 2nd most goals conceded, which is what I think we were under Warburton.

It seems strange to lament a manager for better goal scoring statistics than the one you regard as having no problems scoring goals.

I can’t grasp why there are so many excuses for Warburton making the defence worse over 9 months, but Karanka is chastised for not turning us into a free scoring defensive juggernaut in a matter of weeks.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post

An excellent manager can get results with an inferior squad through tactics and organisation. Karanka is starting to show signs of this.
    imgID54637835.jpg

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    All of those stats are better than 11th highest scorers in the league, with 2nd most goals conceded, which is what I think we were under Warburton.

It seems strange to lament a manager for better goal scoring statistics than the one you regard as having no problems scoring goals.

I can’t grasp why there are so many excuses for Warburton making the defence worse over 9 months, but Karanka is chastised for not turning us into a free scoring defensive juggernaut in a matter of weeks.
    It's clear that Karanka's lack of goals scored isn't a problem. He got promoted in that way. The year before he reached the playoffs that way. Obviously it works.
    My point is to say that Warburton's defensive issues aren't as much a problem as some people make out either; he got Brentford into the playoffs whilst conceding more goals than anyone in the top half of the table.
    Warburton conceded more because his teams attack. Karanka concedes less because his teams prioritise defensive strength over a willingness to commit men forward. Both will work if you give them enough transfer windows and money to bring in the players they need. Just pointing it out to counter those continually lambasting Warburton for his lack of defensive focus.

I truly can't wait for the Billy Vs AK debates

I'm assuming that I can start the "AK out" thread if we slip out of the playoffs for one week, because it was fine before

EDIT: In fact thethread was actually started when we were 5th. The sacking occured in 7th.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 14-03-18 at 12:02.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    I truly can't wait for the Billy Vs AK debates

I'm assuming that I can start the "AK out" thread if we slip out of the playoffs for one week, because it was fine before
    Apparently you can't count the form table, Alf (as was pointed out when I said it suggested we should have had at least one shot on target against a team fourth bottom of the form table).
    Although in the wake of Warburton's sacking the form at the time was relevant then - in fact it was evidence of us nearly being relegated - so I suppose, mate, it depends on what bandwagon you're jumping on.

Last edited by Cortez the Killer; 14-03-18 at 12:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    A frustrating manager, however, can show many signs of being an excellent manager without actually ever getting you where you'd like to be... no matter how many goes you give him.

Billy demonstrates 'the bitter pill' he becomes to swallow...

Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    A frustrating manager, however, can show many signs of being an excellent manager without actually ever getting you where you'd like to be... no matter how many goes you give him.

Billy demonstrates 'the bitter pill' he becomes to swallow...
    Just one go with an owner/CEO who isn't too precious to be told when he's wrong, as both were (Aboun & Rafik instead of Leadbitter & Austin FFS )

Hopefully, if we sit in the playoffs with AK, EM won't start crying if AK tells him he's need an extra 5-8m to turn a playoff push into an auto push.

Because, like with Davies, I wager the manager knows more about the players than the woener or cricket focussed CEO.