Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Aitor Karanaka - your thoughts?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Si, Senor!

64 60.38%
  • No, gracias!

4 3.77%
  • I'd rather have had someone else...

7 6.60%
  • I'm just fed up of the whole bloody circus!

31 29.25%
Page 206 of 210 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 5232

Thread: Aitor Karanka! (a.k.a. pointless bickering about bollocks)

Impressive member

Default Re: Aitor Karanka! (a.k.a. pointless bickering about bollocks)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    I haven't seen many people dismiss every positive about Warburton.

I like that he tried to install a passing style of football, gave some talented young players vital experience, acted with nothing but dignity his whole time here, and truly cared about the progression of the club.

I think there are some who are also overdoing the impact he had too though. What's happening is people are defending their points and it appears that they're saying something they like about A means that B was terrible at it. But I think it's just getting lost in the translation of argument.

I was more than happy for Warbs to stay in the job, but I was starting to get really frustrated at his lack of address of the defence issues, which were terrible by the end. It was costing us point, places and confidence. But I loved his desire to install the passing style, and I think he's played a huge part in Cash's development.

It doesn't help when you make a point and one or two people undermine it, and twist it in an attempt to strengthen their own argument when it's nothing something you were saying in the first place. A lot of that as occurred on here, and I think most people's points have been lost in the debate.
    As is usually the case, the argument is defined by its extremeties. It's a spectrum that reaches from Mase to PsychPsychPsycho with most of us somewhere in between.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

I like that he tried to install a passing style of football, gave some talented young players vital experience, acted with nothing but dignity his whole time here, and truly cared about the progression of the club.

I think there are some who are also overdoing the impact he had too though. What's happening is people are defending their points and it appears that they're saying something they like about A means that B was terrible at it. But I think it's just getting lost in the translation of argument.

I was more than happy for Warbs to stay in the job, but I was starting to get really frustrated at his lack of address of the defence issues, which were terrible by the end. It was costing us point, places and confidence. But I loved his desire to install the passing style, and I think he's played a huge part in Cash's development.

It doesn't help when you make a point and one or two people undermine it, and twist it in an attempt to strengthen their own argument when it's nothing something you were saying in the first place. A lot of that as occurred on here, and I think most people's points have been lost in the debate.

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    As is usually the case, the argument is defined by its extremeties. It's a spectrum that reaches from Mase to PsychPsychPsycho with most of us somewhere in between.

ultimately (imo) those defending Karanka and everything he isn't achieving will ultimately be compromised by Karanka weakening their defence which is a bit of an irony

for me Karanka has galvanised my view of what i hope for and need from my beloved NFFC

it certainly isn't about getting a meaningless point at any cost, not conceding or watching paint dry

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO:PSYCHO:PSYCHO View Post
    ultimately (imo) those defending Karanka and everything he isn't achieving will ultimately be compromised by Karanka weakening their defence which is a bit of an irony

for me Karanka has galvanised my view of what i hope for and need from my beloved NFFC

it certainly isn't about getting a meaningless point at any cost, not conceding or watching paint dry
    Oh bore off

Impressive member

Well I was all for giving Warburton a second transfer window in order to sort out the defence, and so I'm all in favour of giving Karanka a second window in order to sort out tge goal problem. Why not judge him next Christmas?

Banned

Well I was all for giving Warburton a second transfer window in order to sort out the defence, and so I'm all in favour of giving Karanka a second window in order to sort out tge goal problem. Why not judge him next Christmas?

i think for me to get my fix i need the agony and/or ecstacy, i actually started following forest after losing a game which was part of a losing run, but also experienced awesome times as well

i remember a £5 midweek game v huddersfield under platt, loads turned up but i'd suffered all that season, after huddersfield scored their 3rd dozens around me stood up in disgust and left, as they were leaving i told them to fukkk off cos there was a battling quality and the game was a bit end to end

i don't like being harsh on managers, it's such a hard job, but for me i'm happy with a manager that goes out to try to win the game

i hate disloyalty but i hate setting up for nil nil and not to lose

when i followed Froch boxing he took alot of punishment but there was something satisfying when he knocked em out,
    it's carnal isn't it, it's bad to admit it

i love the david v goliaths, the underdog or the supreme team totally annhiliate the opposition

this is what i want, a battle, ideally silky skills taking down the neanderthals

i've set fire to my season ticket after the derby game, i really don't give a flying fukk anymore

Impressive member

i think for me to get my fix i need the agony and/or ecstacy, i actually started following forest after losing a game which was part of a losing run, but also experienced awesome times as well

i remember a £5 midweek game v huddersfield under platt, loads turned up but i'd suffered all that season, after huddersfield scored their 3rd dozens around me stood up in disgust and left, as they were leaving i told them to fukkk off cos there was a battling quality and the game was a bit end to end

i don't like being harsh on managers, it's such a hard job, but for me i'm happy with a manager that goes out to try to win the game

when i followed Froch boxing he took alot of punishment but there was something satisfying when he knocked em out,

i love the david v goliaths, the underdog or the supreme team totally annhiliate the opposition

this is what i want, a battle, ideally silky skills taking down the neanderthals

i've set fire to my season ticket after the derby game, i really don't give a flying fukk anymore
    There are peaks and troughs in everything though, a bit like life. To borrow your boxing analogy, mate, try to think of the current stage of Forest as a boxer parrying the blows and defending himself; it won't be long before we're on the offensive, throwing punches and aiming for the knockout. Whether that's with Karanka or not, time will tell.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

This. Is an excellent post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

You come across as a very impatient person, I wont judge you off that because I don't know you but I will ask, despite being quite sure of your answer, do you genuinely not see the value in Karanka building more solid foundations with a view to becoming a better balanced team? Not just being gung-ho all out attacking, conceding multiple goals per game with the chance of a 7/8 goal game sometimes going for us, sometimes against or conversely knocking it round at the back and never getting forward through fear of conceding?

It has been 11 games, for you to burn your ticket after 11 games suggests to me that you have other issues with the club outside of the manager trying to make us more solid at the expense of attacking prowess in the short term.

I'd also say you do give a flying fuck, you wouldn't be here if you didn't, unless your goal is genuinely just to troll others who are hopeful for next season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    unless your goal is genuinely just to troll others who are hopeful for next season.
    i genuinely feel for optimistic Forest fans, just because i don't share there optimism doesn't make me a troll, or does it, i don't know what a troll really is

i see matchday posts, optimistic comments, so i only usually post maybe 2 times, i didn't post at all on the derby thread because i want their dreams to come true

i actually put up a karanka out thread but it got taken down, if i could post somewhere with like minded people and laugh out loud at the situation,

as i have said before it's only 30% really about karanka, it's the back drop, the good, loyal managers being sacked one after another, the u turn which isn't AK's fault

our season is written off with 15 games to go, i would really prefer AK not to have the summer transfer window

10 signings in 3 days or so is either amazing and shrewd or a ridiculous calamity

i get accused of being a troll, sheepshagger, shite posts but i genuinely believe AK is not a good fit, i don't think he'll get enough money and it is likely to be revolving door

is this trolling? it is AK fantasists (who have been rather personal towards me) getting payback because there God is failing them which is beyond my control

i've said it already, we ain't going to get many points between now and the end of the season, we look like a no goals or threat team

everyone to their opinions, some i respect but quite a few are collapsing, it's too easy to win an argument at the moment

unfortunately it's too easy to predict what will and will not happen in our games, but this is the debate

There are peaks and troughs in everything though, a bit like life. To borrow your boxing analogy, mate, try to think of the current stage of Forest as a boxer parrying the blows and defending himself; it won't be long before we're on the offensive, throwing punches and aiming for the knockout. Whether that's with Karanka or not, time will tell.

I feel it's more like....

Repeatedly getting the shit kicked out of us but miraculously somehow not getting knocked out.

i genuinely feel for optimistic Forest fans, just because i don't share there optimism doesn't make me a troll, or does it, i don't know what a troll really is

i see matchday posts, optimistic comments, so i only usually post maybe 2 times, i didn't post at all on the derby thread because i want their dreams to come true

i actually put up a karanka out thread but it got taken down, if i could post somewhere with like minded people and laugh out loud at the situation,

as i have said before it's only 30% really about karanka, it's the back drop, the good, loyal managers being sacked one after another, the u turn which isn't AK's fault

our season is written off with 15 games to go, i would really prefer AK not to have the summer transfer window

10 signings in 3 days or so is either amazing and shrewd or a ridiculous calamity

i get accused of being a troll, sheepshagger, shite posts but i genuinely believe AK is not a good fit, i don't think he'll get enough money and it is likely to be revolving door

is this trolling? it is AK fantasists (who have been rather personal towards me) getting payback because there God is failing them which is beyond my control

i've said it already, we ain't going to get many points between now and the end of the season, we look like a no goals or threat team

everyone to their opinions, some i respect but quite a few are collapsing, it's too easy to win an argument at the moment

unfortunately it's too easy to predict what will and will not happen in our games, but this is the debate
    It's not trolling if you give genuine reasons, it gives others an opportunity for debate with you. None of us can answer back to "Kawanka fukkk off" though, they are shit posts and come across as nothing but trolling.

As far as I'm aware nobody is worshipping Karanka, rather some prefer the approach to make the side defensively sound first, nobody is wrong or right to think that way, it's just opinion, just as you are justified in your opinion that attacking and entertaining football is more important, but it ain't gonna happen overnight just as Warburton's passing from the back wasn't.

The 10 signings was a gamble by Karanka but one that's worked out for the better imo, he's built his spine in one afternoon and for me that puts us about 6-12 months ahead of where I expected us to be at this stage.

You're clearly jaded by Forest at the moment, we all get that at some point, I hope Karanka and the team can turn your opinion at some point.

In fairness we were warned he didn't have a plan B

Too close to Derby but still an NG postcode

All got a bit dramatic hasn't it?

Banned

thanks for your reply Psycho

i apologise the that particular comment, i think it was just after the Hull cup game which was i think after the impressive Wolves game

deep down i know a manager will have to go through a really really bad patch and come out the other side without being sacked, that's how it seems

with all these changes all the time and really decent guys like Psycho, Warbs, Monty being sacked deep down i'm upset

i'm not impatient, i honestly have sort of 'enjoyed' some of the tough times like Cloughies last season, it was tough and distressing but engaging

i'm not engaged in the same way i was but the passion was coming back

but there are managers i've hated .. megson and mclaren and unfortunately karanka but like i say it's not really all his fault, it's pantomime in the background as well

i was frustrated with MW i hoped he would change things in games occassionally and get some height in and generally strenghten

anyway maybe AK will turn out amazing and i understand his support but i have quite strong polar opposite opinions

i'm obviously insane but i'd of preferred him to have a go at derby (or any team) after all it is only a game and nothing to lose, i'm proud of any manager
    and set of players that give there best and try to go out and win the game even if they lost 4.0, i get my fix from ideally the
    thumping being dished out or the painful travesty of the defeat

this present course looks like being tedious and boring and starving the fans of entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    His last few games we were playing the same side but one player that almost got us relegated last year.

That tells you everything you need to know about the summer business. Every supporter knew a clear out was needed.
    Yep, no fight, no bottle the lot them...

Just strange to think that he thought could polish such a dirty turd.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What's laughable is those fans who are trying to dismiss every positive about him. Maybe it's their way of easing their conscience. That's the only way I can explain the willingness to condemn, rather than acknowledge the reality that yet another midseason sacking was a gamble, albeit one where the odds were slightly in our favour due to the history and experience of Aitor Karanka.
    You need to get out of folks heads mate

Seriously, do you read back any of this. Constantly second guessing folks next move. "ooh I bet those who condemn MW will turn on AK". Ive read this shit a thousand times.

Its simple. Karankas a decent manager & I want to support him. The rest is immaterial.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosmerino View Post
    All got a bit dramatic hasn't it?
    F*cking tiresome more like. I'm going nowhere near this thread again. Time to move on folks.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

i've set fire to my season ticket after the derby game
    Wouldn't a pair of scissors been easier?

Fuck me some of you have too much time on your hands! I am now drinking on a Tuesday and hoping we get to 299!

The best thing about this season has been Alfs paintshop team badges

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well I was all for giving Warburton a second transfer window in order to sort out the defence
    If there was anything, anything in the Warburton tenure to suggest he was interested in defending, then there might be a case for it.

There was nowt, he only bought a RB in his window, and the motive for that was going forward.

We shipped a ton of goals over his tenure, yet nothing strategically to fix it. Very naïve to think fans & owners should accept so many losses because you've got 3 years to get your shit together defensively.

Is that fair?

lol

This thread reminds me of every edgy and sad song I listen to.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    If there was anything, anything in the Warburton tenure to suggest he was interested in defending, then there might be a case for it.

There was nowt, he only bought a RB in his window, and the motive for that was going forward.

We shipped a ton of goals over his tenure, yet nothing strategically to fix it. Very naïve to think fans & owners should accept so many losses because you've got 3 years to get your shit together defensively.

Is that fair?
    It's been said a million times that he tried to sign some decent defenders in his window and got priced out of it.

After that you use who you've got till the next window. But all the games he won he ragged and all the games he lost we were out of it after 30 mins.

One trick pony, no plan B ect. And all his signings were shit.

Fucking awful manager. But I didn't want him sacked......

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Freedman View Post
    This thread reminds me of every edgy and sad song I listen to.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
    And as I climb into an empty bed
    Oh well. Enough said.
    I know it's over - still I cling
    I don't know where else I can go
    Oh...