Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Aitor Karanaka - your thoughts?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Si, Senor!

64 60.38%
  • No, gracias!

4 3.77%
  • I'd rather have had someone else...

7 6.60%
  • I'm just fed up of the whole bloody circus!

31 29.25%
Page 124 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3849

Thread: It's Karanka

Default Re: It's Karanka

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO:PSYCHO:PSYCHO View Post
    making up fiction again, i said there are 29 players hoping they don't get picked to play

Karanka isn't 1. Wiping the board clean or 2. Starting Fresh

All the managers had clearouts, SP had significant clearout, in fact Karanka has only actually got rid of 1 or 2 players off the books, it think it's 1

8 on loan

Karanka loves to start fresh but can't in January because you just end up with a car crash

I am sure the previous managers recognised their respective squads limitations but did there best to put belief and confidence into there teams

I believe the 8 loans and 10 signings is alot of upheaval and high risk, i think the existing players know that AK would of liked to of signed 15 and dumped them all out of his plans
    this is really what you are saying, Karanka wants to draw a line in the sand, but you can't in January

good manager but totally wrong timing, wrong budget, wrong style totally opposite to what the players have been working towards

so has the board been wiped clean? only in your imagination

starting fresh? hideously not, he has to work with players he hasn't signed and doesn't want to work with

it's on the brink of a total fiasco

what is the best that will happen, boring, depressing, mid table i believe, the revolving door meat market management style

i would of liked to of seen MW or SP of been given time as both offer more appeal than Karanka to me

MW didn't like conflict. Karanka god knows
    any chance him come good even by accident?

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

MW last 2 losses, as performances totally surpass anything AK has produced in his last 3 games, MW under intense pressure, AK no pressure as you are delighted with his revolution

yep 15 core clique going round in circles licking each others balls
    Name the 15.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Not that type of player

I haven't seen this video. Do you have a link?

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Left Winger

MW last 2 losses, as performances totally surpass anything AK has produced in his last 3 games, MW under intense pressure, AK no pressure as you are delighted with his revolution

Thatís Rugby Union mate.

Donít worry, the Six Nations is back soon.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Best served cold

making up fiction again, i said there are 29 players hoping they don't get picked to play
    Twisting your own words again. You said they werenít playing for the manager judging by their performances. How can you judge a performance of player who hasnít been picked to play? You said heís created a toxic environment and keep citing performances as evidence of this. So at least tell the truth and stick to your guns.

Karanka isn't 1. Wiping the board clean or 2. Starting Fresh

All the managers had clearouts, SP had significant clearout, in fact Karanka has only actually got rid of 1 or 2 players off the books, it think it's 1

8 on loan
    Carayol and Mills both left permanently. So itís two out the door definitively. Nobody was lining up to take Traore, Henderson, Cummings or Mills full time, so theyíve been shoved out the door in the most convenient way possible at the moment. Whatever happens in the summer will happen.

Karanka loves to start fresh but can't in January because you just end up with a car crash

I am sure the previous managers recognised their respective squads limitations but did there best to put belief and confidence into there teams

I believe the 8 loans and 10 signings is alot of upheaval and high risk, i think the existing players know that AK would of liked to of signed 15 and dumped them all out of his plans
    this is really what you are saying, Karanka wants to draw a line in the sand, but you can't in January

good manager but totally wrong timing, wrong budget, wrong style totally opposite to what the players have been working towards
    I donít think he does want to dump them all out of his plans. What he wants to do is get rid of most of the guff and start again in the summer. Heís begun the process now and he had to. The players here who have consistently performed poorly under a succession of managers shouldnít just have a place handed to them and the manager tell them they are great. It hasnít worked no matter how brilliant you think two defeats were. The side was crying out for some energy, some dynamism, creativity, experience and some steel. Heís bought some of that in to give himself a buffer whilst he works on the larger things. He said repeatedly prior to the Preston and Hull games that he didnít think he needed to bring many players in. It clearly changed once he saw the performances and attitudes of the players himself, something weíve all seen for years. Quite right he took action and he said it was to bring a better attitude to the club and players who want to play for the shirt.

Why wouldnít you want that? Why would you want us instead back players you say donít want to be picked?
    This was always going to be a transitional season whether it be with Warburton or anyone else. I disagree on the wrong style and I disagree heís the wrong manager. Heís a better manager than Warburton, the owners will hopefully back him, and the style you say the players were working towards clearly wasnít working because they were dreadful at it and were actually getting worse.

Karanka needs time. Warburton had nine months and whilst I donít think he should have been sacked we werenít moving forward under him either. The players were regressing if anything and Warburton himself said he had no idea what the problems were. Will Karanka do better? I have no idea but I am willing to give him as much of a chance as I did Warburton and everyone else, rather than crying about completely made up shite.

it's on the brink of a total fiasco
    Only in the eyes of the over dramatic.

what is the best that will happen, boring, depressing, mid table i believe, the revolving door meat market management style

i would of liked to of seen MW or SP of been given time as both offer more appeal than Karanka to me

MW didn't like conflict. Karanka god knows
    Boring, depressing, mid table is better than avoiding relegation on goal difference or sliding to a awful home defeat against a side second from bottom in the league. I would have liked to see MW and SP given more time too, but they werenít and that isnít Karankaís fault. Facts are Karanka has proven to be a better manager at this level than Warburton, his record is far better, and you are drawing conclusions based on a handful of games. Itís far too early for that.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Cant make head nor tail of that to be honest, but I'll read it as though your trying to rewrite the rules of a football forum.

With the sheer weight of pro Warburton material, surely the forum can cope with a few counter arguments can't it?

Keep asking, but Im not sure why I have to realign my views in a way to accomodate the snowflakes. I've had enough of my input scrutinised & skewed to warrant the right of reply.

Worth bearing in mind its sometimes difficult to determine someones tone from the written word.
    I'm not pro-Warburton by any stretch. I'm pro good football, pro good values and pro a good club. Which we were before, trying to do the right things. What I struggle with is the fact we are doing everything now that we said we were against a mere 12 months back but parading it as some kind of good thing purely because we have a new owner and we have and IMO won't have anything to show for it but the inflated wage bill everyone has criticised for so long!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    How do we judge whatís objective, fair and balanced?

I must have missed the LTLF arbitrator of truth who decides on the one true opinion against which all opinions should be measured against.

Every person sees their opinion is the more objective and balanced one, whilst everyone else is twisting the facts and misinterpreting.
    Well someone that actually has their principles and opinions would be a nice start. Rather than picks or chooses what they do and don't see in blind support of their flavour of the month.

As I've said a number of times before, this is Fawaz's 1st season repeating itself all over again, it's a borderline carbon copy. Yet here people are parading it as some kind of astute and clever move. If it had been 12 months back, this would've been quite rightly hugely criticised by all.

Something sensible to back views up would suffice to be honest!

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by mouldynffc View Post
    I'm not pro-Warburton by any stretch. I'm pro good football, pro good values and pro a good club. Which we were before, trying to do the right things. What I struggle with is the fact we are doing everything now that we said we were against a mere 12 months back but parading it as some kind of good thing purely because we have a new owner and we have and IMO won't have anything to show for it but the inflated wage bill everyone has criticised for so long!

Well someone that actually has their principles and opinions would be a nice start. Rather than picks or chooses what they do and don't see in blind support of their flavour of the month.

As I've said a number of times before, this is Fawaz's 1st season repeating itself all over again, it's a borderline carbon copy. Yet here people are parading it as some kind of astute and clever move. If it had been 12 months back, this would've been quite rightly hugely criticised by all.

Something sensible to back views up would suffice to be honest!
    I’m a Nottingham Forest supporter. Many aspects of that are transitory - players, managers etc, but I prefer to be optimistic about the future whilst staying grounded in what is. I disagree with your assessment of where we are, but the truth is neither of us know how the future will pan out.

Exhibitionist

Quote Originally Posted by mouldynffc View Post
    As I've said a number of times before, this is Fawaz's 1st season repeating itself all over again, it's a borderline carbon copy.
    SOD inherited half a squad and had us a point off the playoffs having just thumped Leeds at home.

Warburton inherited a full squad and had us closer to the relegation zone than the playoffs having just lost our second game in a row at home.

Yeh, carbon copy.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

The thought occurred last night:

A large part of our January transfer window activity requirements was to ship out the "deadwood" ( (c)LTLF 2018 ), wasters, biscuits and has - beens.

We did this by the usual salesman's trick of writing a juicy description, painting a pretty picture and finding an unsuspecting, desperate and gullible club to take them off our hands.

Nobody seems to have considered that all the other clubs were doing THE SAME THING.

Good job we're not a gullible club, isn't it.

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    SOD inherited half a squad and had us a point off the playoffs having just thumped Leeds at home.

Warburton inherited a full squad and had us closer to the relegation zone than the playoffs having just lost our second game in a row at home.

Yeh, carbon copy.
    A squad that survived on goal difference last season minus the top striker.

Exhibitionist

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    A squad that survived on goal difference last season minus the top striker.
    Still not a "carbon copy" though is it?

Impressive member

Time will tell whether we have bought other team's deadwood. Before they came here I had decent impressions of Kasami, Bendtner, Darikwa, Traore, etc, so what do I know? I'm not the manager. Hopefully the new guys are a step above. By signing almost a whole new team, Karanka has put all his eggs in one basket. However I can't see he had any other choice. At least if the owners sack Karanka in the summer, the new manager has to motivate just one previous manager's signings plus the academy lads, rather than those signed by 5 or 6 previous managers.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Still not a "carbon copy" though is it?
    No but it's only a minor photoshop away, even Alf could manage it seamlessly(ish).

Default It's Karanka

Yeh, carbon copy.
    The manager inherited 2 squads, loaned squad out and bought another squad and lost 3 at home and 3 away, but that is bye the bye

Last edited by chriscl; 14-02-18 at 09:40.

Yeh, carbon copy.
    I agree that SOD did the better job, but I also think it's worth noting that whereas Warbs made a 10m profit on transfers, SOD actually spent around 5m. And that Warbs also invested a lot of game time in our youth players (which again translates to potential transfer fees for none paid)

So whilst not a carbon copy, I think Warbs wasn't that far behind him overall. Warbs job was just more about the overall health of the club, which was in line with what fans called for at the time.

That's why the current situation & emphasis for me has switched to the owners. The Warbs-AK switch is one which for various reasons (management payoffs, player payoffs, 10 additional players etc.) I see as stating that the owners are happy with the health of the club now.

So in turn, and if they are serious about getting to the Prem, I not only expect to see them back their man, but also carry the can and keep backing the club if things don't go to plan.

Doughty flogged off the youth & better players to our detriment to cover the Platt yeras, Fawaz flogged the youth & better players to our detriment to cover his investment, EM bought the club for very little and instantly sold one of our better players to make the club "healthy" again.

So if he's now gambling on a push to the Prem he needs to both back his man, and accept it was his choice to do this , thus not turning round in 2-5 years and pulling the rug from under us or flogging all our best/young players again.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 14-02-18 at 08:44.
    ďAll the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post

Nobody seems to have considered that all the other clubs were doing THE SAME THING.

That's what Torquay Utd once said.

You're right of course, there's mostly mundane crap on the market and has been for years. But it's not the players fault they get any flair and the ability to think for themselves coached out of them. After all, they HAVE to be 'made ready' to slot into the robotic, drone simulated "you do this and nothing else" world of modern team management that's a cross between 'Football Manager' and 'just flick to kick' Subbuteo tactics.

Apart from that, everything's dandy.

could AK become a carbon copy of McLeish?

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    No but it's only a minor photoshop away, even Alf could manage it seamlessly(ish).
    ZFSOUKQ3PJCQXNXGXUNN3VER2I.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    The thought occurred last night:

A large part of our January transfer window activity requirements was to ship out the "deadwood" ( (c)LTLF 2018 ), wasters, biscuits and has - beens.

We did this by the usual salesman's trick of writing a juicy description, painting a pretty picture and finding an unsuspecting, desperate and gullible club to take them off our hands.

Still good business in the timeframe.

Watson & Lolley had premier league shirts on a month ago
    Colbacks trained with premier players & has championship promotion experience
    Guedioura a player who ploughs forward & directs who's done it here before.
    Tomlins got the experience & creativity & something totally different to anything weve had since Reid.
    Pantiliomon already showed he has the command.
    Figuerido, we tried Dawson so this guy has to come in & sort the CB mess out.

Most of these lads have done it in spades in the Championship & to be fair its a semi temporary move to get us to Summer. Bold move to intigrate them all, but what were the options, something had to be done after Preston.

I think the statement of intention to address the spine, creativity, experience, leadership & overall lack of bollocks was pretty well made.

Last edited by MASE; 14-02-18 at 10:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    O'DRISCOLI?? Has he also gone Italian?

Not bad but needs a bit of touching up. That sounds like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    O'DRISCOLI?? Has he also gone Italian?

Not bad but needs a bit of touching up. That sounds like me.
    Aitor O'Driscoli is Brummie-Spanish. Has a sexy accent but occasionally slips into Spanish.

Aitor O'Driscoli is Brummie-Spanish. Has a sexy accent but occasionally slips into Spanish.
    A Brummie who says "Uuuurrrr" a lot and dislikes the English? The French would love him.

Exhibitionist

I agree that SOD did the better job, but I also think it's worth noting that whereas Warbs made a 10m profit on transfers, SOD actually spent around 5m. And that Warbs also invested a lot of game time in our youth players (which again translates to potential transfer fees for none paid)

So whilst not a carbon copy, I think Warbs wasn't that far behind him overall. Warbs job was just more about the overall health of the club, which was in line with what fans called for at the time.

That's why the current situation & emphasis for me has switched to the owners. The Warbs-AK switch is one which for various reasons (management payoffs, player payoffs, 10 additional players etc.) I see as stating that the owners are happy with the health of the club now.

So in turn, and if they are serious about getting to the Prem, I not only expect to see them back their man, but also carry the can and keep backing the club if things don't go to plan.

Doughty flogged off the youth & better players to our detriment to cover the Platt yeras, Fawaz flogged the youth & better players to our detriment to cover his investment, EM bought the club for very little and instantly sold one of our better players to make the club "healthy" again.

So if he's now gambling on a push to the Prem he needs to both back his man, and accept it was his choice to do this , thus not turning round in 2-5 years and pulling the rug from under us or flogging all our best/young players again.
    Warbs was doing a decent enough job even though results had gone south. But the contention was that it was a "carbon copy" of Fawaz's first season, which I have to say I disagree on.

Warbs was doing a decent enough job even though results had gone south. But the contention was that it was a "carbon copy" of Fawaz's first season, which I have to say I disagree on.
    The only similarity being neither were given time to build an entire team of their own.

Hope AK gets time to field a full team out on the pitch that he is satisfied with.

Last edited by WatnallRed; 14-02-18 at 09:43.

Odriscolls sacking was purely down to Fawaz wanting a "big name" manager to go with his big fucking ideas. Totally senseless.

Dont see any parallels whatsoever with the Warburton sacking.