Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: You'd be happy with......

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • 90pts

6 15.00%
  • 80pts

0 0%
  • 70pts

16 40.00%
  • 60pts

18 45.00%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's an acceptable point total for the season?

Not that type of player

Default Re: What's an acceptable point total for the season?

Staying up will suffice, but it would be good to see some strengthening in Jan, progression between now and the end, ready for further strengthening in the summer, with hopefully a push for top six next season.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    True. What would you expect performance wise to make the change worth while mate?
    I personally wouldn't have made a change yet but as said earlier, from performances I like to see gradual improvement and players giving 100% for 90 mins.

I don't know why but in some games this season we've only turned up for one half, or thrown the towel in on 70 mins. Which annoys me more than what points are on the board.

oopsy daisy!

Lick my legs

We were set for 58 as it was going so with the new super manager and a host of seasoned championship ready signings I expect no less than 70

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    This post lacks AMBITION.
    FACT.

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

1.5 points from the remaining 20 games would clear the 60 points barrier which is achievable. Somehow I can't see us hitting the 2 points per game promotion form making 72 points.

139 points

anything less #(insert managers name)out

I'd be happy at this stage to finish the season with 1 more point than the 22nd placed club.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

It'd be an improvement.

I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

More points than last year but less than next

From what folk are saying regards the defence, it sounds as if Kranky will make a significant difference just from getting the team organized.

Now that's not gonna happen overnight, but as some have pointed out Brazil's approch against Leeds - just getting the lads playing 100% and more together - did yield a clean sheet. And I think it's fair to say we shouldn't have expected a clean sheet against Arsenal.

So I'd say a few games to get a bit settled, then hopefully a noticeable improvement, giving us a nice finish to the season.

Warbs had a 1.24ppg ratio, so I'd say that improved defence should take us to about a 1.6ppg level, meaning around the 64pt marker end of the season.

I'll take that, it will be encouraging signs of progression

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

From what folk are saying regards the defence, it sounds as if Kranky will make a significant difference just from getting the team organized.

Now that's not gonna happen overnight, but as some have pointed out Brazil's approch against Leeds - just getting the lads playing 100% and more together - did yield a clean sheet. And I think it's fair to say we shouldn't have expected a clean sheet against Arsenal.

So I'd say a few games to get a bit settled, then hopefully a noticeable improvement, giving us a nice finish to the season.

Warbs had a 1.24ppg ratio, so I'd say that improved defence should take us to about a 1.6ppg level, meaning around the 64pt marker end of the season.

I'll take that, it will be encouraging signs of progression
    I'll probably regret this when Alf rolls this out & makes an example of me further down the line, but I'll confidently stick my neck out and advocate significant improvement under Karanka, shit I'd have probably done it if Gary Brazil got the gig.

Seen discernible signs of improvement in our work rate on & off the ball, seen a slightly more versatile approach thats seen fruitful longer balls down the channels, seen some slight positional changes in Cash & Brereton that have freshened things up markedly, fucking hell even David Vaughn put an extra 20% in against Arsenal.

Karanka may well go a different way, but my concerns were more with the direction MW had us heading, so Im happy things will improve for us in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    I'll probably regret this when Alf rolls this out & makes an example of me further down the line, but I'll confidently stick my neck out and advocate significant improvement under Karanka, shit I'd have probably done it if Gary Brazil got the gig.

Seen discernible signs of improvement in our work rate on & off the ball, seen a slightly more versatile approach thats seen fruitful longer balls down the channels, seen some slight positional changes in Cash & Brereton that have freshened things up markedly, fucking hell even David Vaughn put an extra 20% in against Arsenal.

Karanka may well go a different way, but my concerns were more with the direction MW had us heading, so Im happy things will improve for us in every way.
    Hope so chap. No ones sold Kranks to me yet in any way bar Player-12, but that doesn't mean I've owt against him or it can't work, I just don't buy into the bull some are spinning about his records.

Regards his methods though then, after a few games to get settled, it should hopefully see an upturn in points gained. Theoretically we'll hopefully have:

* A better defence through his rep being a good organiser;
    * More committed players if there were anti-Warbs vibes;
    * More out of the likes of Murphy who Kranks rates and was gonna buy.

Just because I don't buy the BS line of "what he did at Boro means he's good" (for me when you put it into context with time & money it means he's nothing better than we've already had) doesn't mean there isn't potential for us to improve significantly, and fairly soon too.

Before the season started and based on the teams we had to play and whether it was a t home or not I broke the season into 5 game chunks as follow

games points position
    5 5 16
    10 9 20
    15 15 20
    20 24 18
    25 29 16

so I was quite happy with the points total and position when MW was sacked although I did expect an improvement later in the season ending up with 62 points and 13th place.

52 points should see us easily safe this season given the current PPG total for the bottom six teams.

So I want 7 wins from 20 games. Can't see many other fans settling for that, but, mid-season overhauls tend not to work in our favour.

Karanka Mutineer

oopsy daisy!

*Thinks and reviews earlier statement*

Nah

still 74.

Surely we should be beyond that now though? The complaints levelled at Warbs were all very much ones which were be bemoaning a mid table team not being top 6, even his transfer policy.

If Warbs was on course to make 60pts, surely 50pts should be unacceptable, even if we stay up?
    60 points are acceptable to me and I was happy with Warbs with that, but bear in mind this season Warbs was on for 57. It could of been higher or lower but when he was sacked that was his record.

For me I not bothered which manager we have I want to get to that 60 point mark and for the manager to be ruthless in progressing the side.

Warbs was hitting the mark for me the only thing that if true makes me agree with his sacking transcends results, IF Warbuton had no appetite or thought the squad didn't need ready first teamers then in my opinion I would of lost faith in him completely. My positivity towards Warbs was I thought he would be ruthless in getting techinally gifted players to the club to play his undoubtedly nice style. I can't see results getting better without better players!!

I think it would have been a massive risk to stick by these players into next season. I would love to see the list of targets that McFarland and Warbuton came up with then we can all debate properly.

What I want to see from Karanka is a ruthless nature to improving the quality of our team. If that means dropping Worral, Smith, Murphy etc then so be it or change the style more suited to the players. For me around 60 is still acceptable but there needs to be more ruthlessness in all we do.

Last edited by EmmersonForest4; 09-01-18 at 16:03.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    52 points should see us easily safe this season given the current PPG total for the bottom six teams.

So I want 7 wins from 20 games. Can't see many other fans settling for that, but, mid-season overhauls tend not to work in our favour.
    Sounds about right as a minimum, perhaps = 58 but Karanka may not start that well...
    He and the team have to get to know each other, maybe the lads played their best for Gaz, and the next few fixtures are not exactly easy!!!

Last edited by Well Red; 09-01-18 at 16:15.

Impressive member

I too think it'll take a few games to show a change in direction. Especially if AK signs some new players.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'll be happy with a 90% win ratio from the remaining home games plus 50% of the away games yielding something.
    That should get us close the 70pts mark

Forgetting all the rights and wrongs of sackings and appointments, it is what it is, the minimum must be 60pts - basically a continuation of form.

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi

The Wand!

Apple's and Oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Apple's and Oranges.
    Said the bells of St Blancmanges?

Last edited by Wes' Organ; 12-01-18 at 19:58.

When will you smell me said the bells of owd Bailey

Are you still farting asked the bells of st Martin's