Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should Patrick Bamford return?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: outright purchase please

7 26.92%
  • Yes: take him on a loan basis

11 42.31%
  • No: he shunned us once and should never be allowed back here again

8 30.77%
Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Default Patrick Bamford

I'll be honest, I was a interested to see how he would do in the Championship and for Derby, unfortunately, he has done very well.
    I did hear a few rumors that he was very Pro-Doughty and didn't think a lot of Davies so now he's gone, it would be a good opportunity in the summer to either get him back on loan or try and buy him as we have the money to do so.

The more Forest Academy players that we can get into the first team, the better in my opinion and Bamford has proved that he can handle the Championship. It doesn't bother me that he went to Derby because he has to earn a living but I definitely think alongside another good forward, he hit quite a few goals for us.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Default Re: Patrick Bamford Permenantly?

I thought his beef was with Cotterill who continually overlooked him although we couldn't buy a goal.

not a chance

Why would he take a step backwards in his career and come back here? As it is, he can play at our level on loan whilst keeping the ambition of breaking into the Chelsea squad. He'll only leave for regular Premier League football, which he may be able to get on loan soon, regardless.

I think there's probably 15+ Prem teams who'd take him.

Look at what Southampton do, he'd fight right in there.

Banned

Playing in the prem with derby or Chelsea

Why would he come here?

He'll go Swansea/S'ton/Everton.

That girl who was hanging around a few years ago because she had a thing for older men back then, but you never asked out? Saw her in town the other night looking hot, millionaire on her arm in the VIP area, queue of eligible bachelors behind her. You should give her a call. Maybe still wants to go tenpin bowling with you.

He won't play for Chelsea. He's good but not that good. He's never going to get games at Chelsea either, he's just another in a long list of English players that get snatched up by Premierleague clubs so others can't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    He won't play for Chelsea. He's good but not that good. He's never going to get games at Chelsea either, he's just another in a long list of English players that get snatched up by Premierleague clubs so others can't have them.
    I think you're probably right, but they'll probably sell him on for more than the £1.5m they paid, and his career has benefitted from leaving. So it was the right move for him and Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    Probably right. It is Chelsea's Football League. Oh, and they're fourth in the Eredivisie too.

Quote Originally Posted by bgd View Post
    I think you're probably right, but they'll probably sell him on for more than the £1.5m they paid, and his career has benefitted from leaving. So it was the right move for him and Chelsea.
    Oh absolutely. But half a season in the Championship doesn't make him an automatic Premierleague starter.

All i'm saying is, if we want a new striker or two, he's an ideal choice. We'd have a great british spine of the team with him at the end of it.

Man U scored twice for Birmingham yesterday, once for Blackburn, who in turn scored for Blackpool, and once for Wigan against Bolton. Middlesbrough scored for Bolton, and Sunderland scored for Middlesbrough. Chelsea scored for Derby, Arsenal scored for Sheffield Wednesday and Southampton scored for Doncaster. Udinese unofficially scored for Watford.

Absolutely no chance. Doubt he'll even be available for loan next season, will be looking to be lent out to another prem club.

More chance of Patrick Stewart

Banned

Some derby fans says he does fuck all most the time but still gets the goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Nffc View Post
    Some derby fans says he does fuck all most the time but still gets the goals.
    aye, but nowt wrong with that, unlike Cox/Mackie who work their nuts off but couldn't score in a brothel.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    That girl who was hanging around a few years ago because she had a thing for older men back then, but you never asked out? Saw her in town the other night looking hot, millionaire on her arm in the VIP area, queue of eligible bachelors behind her. You should give her a call. Maybe still wants to go tenpin bowling with you.
    LoL - now THAT is a reality check.

Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDudeII View Post
    More chance of Patrick Stewart
    Reckon Picard would score more than Cox!

love this!

I don't think he'll play Premier League football next season. Probably sign for one of the relegated teams on a loan until January. I think you're in dreamland if you think the Evertons and Southamptons of the world will be after him in the summer. I expect any interested Prem club will want to see more of him at Championship level - with the possible, unthinkable exception of the sheepshaggers.

Not that type of player

He's a natural goal scorer but his all round game doesn't look anywhere near PL standard currently.

It only takes a second to score a goal.

Banned

Tell them we want £5m for Darlow, plus Bamford on loan for season, plus Piazon on loan for season (if we go up).

Can't Re Member

Is the girl coming ten pin bowling or not? Can I come if she is. I like ten pin bowling.

Oh FFS.