Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should Patrick Bamford return?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: outright purchase please

7 26.92%
  • Yes: take him on a loan basis

11 42.31%
  • No: he shunned us once and should never be allowed back here again

8 30.77%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Bamford

Default Re: Patrick Bamford

Whilst dead right lads, we also didn't help ourselves with Mark Cuvting Arthur here and his counter offer of "yeah, but if you stay here you're career will fly as you play.....under Steve Cotterill!"

Fuck me sacking Billy looks worse with every passing year

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cotternil refused to play him despite a goal scoring crises. Why sit in our reserves when you can sit in Chelsea's for 10 times the money. As a Forest fan I was angry he didn't play and that he left on the cheap, however if a club stunted my son's progression I'd do the same.

Massive Member

Even i still don't like the c**t and i left 2 years ago.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Does this Bamford talk add weight to the Karanka rumours or am I reading too much into it?

Please, not again!

No Thanks,he will have got more arrogant than he was before

fuck him...the wankers made his bed....counteh will take him

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    Cotternil refused to play him despite a goal scoring crises. Why sit in our reserves when you can sit in Chelsea's for 10 times the money. As a Forest fan I was angry he didn't play and that he left on the cheap, however if a club stunted my son's progression I'd do the same.
    He refused to train full time with the first team until after his A levels, woukd you have played him?

Quote Originally Posted by foozinho View Post
    Does this Bamford talk add weight to the Karanka rumours or am I reading too much into it?
    I'd say its the opposite - someone thinks Karanka is coming and has speculated that he might like to bring Bamford with him. Mere rumours all round.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I’d get him back to the City Ground, show him round the Academy, and the Stadium, and the Trophies.

“See, Patrick, all this could have been yours”.

“Now, fuck off”.
    As he gets into his Bentley and cruises off giving zero fucks

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    As he gets into his Bentley and cruises off giving zero fucks
    ...and there lies the problem with football, second rate players are millionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    ...and there lies the problem with football, second rate players are millionaires.
    indeed

He refused to train full time with the first team until after his A levels, woukd you have played him?
    Whilst I think that's an incredibly contentious thing to do, you can't blame the lad for putting his education first.

He's got a degree whilst he was at Chelsea did he not?

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Whilst I think that's an incredibly contentious thing to do, you can't blame the lad for putting his education first.

He's got a degree whilst he was at Chelsea did he not?
    Above his job?

Above his job?
    If he was a scholar - which I think he was - then yes. It does, imo, show the backwards nature of football that we're calling a 17 year old kid out (at the time) for prioritising his exams over his job. If he was working in co-op it wouldn't be a discussion.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

He should put his education first, football is fickle.

Cottertwat should have gave him a chance, we couldn't score for shit.

He still chose Chelseas u23's, loans and money over a decent contract with the probability of first team football.

I blame Cotternill more than Bamford bit he's still an arse.

I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

Best served cold

You can't, but then why would you put him in the first team? This was the most irritating thing about Bamford, he seemed to think the club should fit entirely around him and put his desires above it's needs. Fair enough if you want to put your education above your job, but then don't expect to walk into the first team.

It was disgraceful the way he then backed the club into a corner by refusing to sign a contract so that the club had to sell him for £1 million (Chelsea a couple of years later would sell him for £10 million, despite him never playing for them), during a time the club was going through financial problems, to then go and end up playing at a lower level when Chelsea sent him out to MK Dons on loan. Even then, when he won that young football league player of the year award, or whatever it was, he thanked Chelsea, MK Dons and Derby for his development. Not us.

Would hate to see him back here.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    You can't, but then why would you put him in the first team? This was the most irritating thing about Bamford, he seemed to think the club should fit entirely around him and put his desires above it's needs. Fair enough if you want to put your education above your job, but then don't expect to walk into the first team.

It was disgraceful the way he then backed the club into a corner by refusing to sign a contract so that the club had to sell him for £1 million (Chelsea a couple of years later would sell him for £10 million, despite him never playing for them), during a time the club was going through financial problems, to then go and end up playing at a lower level when Chelsea sent him out to MK Dons on loan. Even then, when he won that young football league player of the year award, or whatever it was, he thanked Chelsea, MK Dons and Derby for his development. Not us.

Would hate to see him back here.
    I can’t say anything about the contract situation etc because I don’t really know much about it. I was in a bit of a lull with my forest supporting at the time so I wasn’t really paying attention.

Regarding his education etc - I don’t know if he expected to walk into the first team or not, but I think even the most staunch forest supporters can probably see that in the long run he made a good decision for himself by going to Chelsea. You’d imagine, as an intelligent lad with an intelligent family, that they were fully aware of how his time at Chelsea was gonna pan out; they took advantage of the opportunity and he’s done very well out of it.

Would I have him back? Absolutely - but because he’d improve our football team, not because I’d expect any loyalty from him regardless of the inevitable noises he’d make at the press conference.

Mercenary footballers are only good for the club if they’re adding something on the pitch, and you can only have so many. I think Bamford would do that, and I’d have him over the Carayols and the Jamie Wards we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Don't blame him for leaving to be honest. However wouldn't want him. When I have seen him recently he just goes through the motions, no real desire, doesn't make things happen. Handed it all before he had to really work for it and it shows.
    This in JCB loads. Spot on Gobias

I can’t say anything about the contract situation etc because I don’t really know much about it. I was in a bit of a lull with my forest supporting at the time so I wasn’t really paying attention.

Regarding his education etc - I don’t know if he expected to walk into the first team or not, but I think even the most staunch forest supporters can probably see that in the long run he made a good decision for himself by going to Chelsea. You’d imagine, as an intelligent lad with an intelligent family, that they were fully aware of how his time at Chelsea was gonna pan out; they took advantage of the opportunity and he’s done very well out of it.

Would I have him back? Absolutely - but because he’d improve our football team, not because I’d expect any loyalty from him regardless of the inevitable noises he’d make at the press conference.

Mercenary footballers are only good for the club if they’re adding something on the pitch, and you can only have so many. I think Bamford would do that, and I’d have him over the Carayols and the Jamie Wards we have now.
    I genuinely don't think he would add enough given the wages he is on and the potential loan or transfer fee we would be looking at. Unless he changes dramatically I see him gradually drifting down the pyramid. I don't want Forest being one of the disappointed clubs he passes through on the way.

If he was a scholar - which I think he was - then yes. It does, imo, show the backwards nature of football that we're calling a 17 year old kid out (at the time) for prioritising his exams over his job. If he was working in co-op it wouldn't be a discussion.
    It kind of removed his right to moan about not playing though.

I didn't hear that, but yes I would as he was banging them in for the reserves and we couldn't score for toffee. A desire for an education as a teenager shouldn't be used as a stick to beat him with.

The argument is pointless anyway as he's not going anywhere as Pullis has played him in their last 2 games.

He's got one of those faces I'd never tire of slapping

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    I didn't hear that, but yes I would as he was banging them in for the reserves and we couldn't score for toffee. A desire for an education as a teenager shouldn't be used as a stick to beat him with.

The argument is pointless anyway as he's not going anywhere as Pullis has played him in their last 2 games.
    I don't recall seeing him banging them in for the reserves and I did go a fair bit, the u18's he was scoring for fun.
    I recall one game v Sheffield United reserves and he was made to look like a little boy out of his depth. He wasn't first team ready in my opinion, not by a long way.
    Would you, as a manager, really pick a player who wouldn't take the opportunity to train with the first team full time because I bloody wouldn't.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by big jay View Post
    He's got one of those faces I'd never tire of slapping
    So has Bamford....