48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win

24 50.00%
  • Draw + Sack Gary Brazil

14 29.17%
  • Lose + Sack Gary Brazil

10 20.83%
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday 27: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa - Official Matchday Thread

Default Matchday 27: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa - Official Matchday Thread

A thoroughly disappointing display, and result, at Elland Road saw Nottingham Forest’s push for the playoffs stutter. A game that really should have provided the former two-time European Cup winners with a simple three points, failed to produce a goal.

The Reds, European Cup winners in 1979 and 1980, will look to put the misery of dropping points behind them and score three or four against a far inferior club in Aston Villa.

Eagle-eyed supports are rightfully keeping an eye on the Tricky Tree’s goal different, understanding how important this could be in the final playoff shuffle. The difference between +25 and +16 goals could give them the all important home second leg.

Pressure is mounting on manager Gary Brazil as his team remains outside of the top six. The Nottingham Forest board will not tolerate failure for long for a club who deserve success.

Nicholas Randall, Nottingham Forest Chairman, said:

"The first requirement is stability. Stability is one of the most precious commodities in football and it has been more or less entirely lacking at the club for far too long.

"We are fundamentally committed to ensuring the club enjoys a period of stability. We want to assure the supporters we are here for the long term."

Randall has also given his backing to manager Gary Brazil, who took over in December but has yet to move his side into the top six places.

He added: "We believe that in Gary Brazil we have not just a good fit but the perfect fit.

"He is a man of great courage who turned around the club's playing style.

“Gary will be given the precious commodity of time to turn matters around and to build something special at the club again."
    The perfect fit. Encouraging words for a divided fanbase.

The LTLF Official Matchday Thread also caught up with a Kenneth, a longtime supporter, to get his thoughts on Gary Brazil’s first game, he said:

“When we won the European Cup in 1979 and 1980 we played the Nottingham Forest way and that’s what I want to see, not this rubbish.

“Brian Clough wouldn’t have taken this kind of performance from Trevor Francis and I can’t understand why Gary Brazil tolerates it from Armand Traore. I’ll be straight on the Facebook [sic] tonight and tell them what needs to change. We should be shitting on teams like Leeds United.
    Tough, but fair words.

Sections of the two-time European Cup winner’s supporters are calling for the manager’s head after failing to move into the top six, and nothing but a win will seemingly keep him in his job for another week.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Impressive member

Default Re: Matchday 27: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa - Official Matchday Thread

We should be beating teams like Villa. 3-0 to Forest.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Wandering around the CG

Default Re: Matchday 27: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa - Official Matchday Thread

Another tough game but I'm slightly more encouraged after today's performance.

At this point a 0-0 would be another good result imo. Hold the fort until the new cavalry arrive, whoever they may be.

Going for another draw.

COYR!!

Left Winger

Bizarrely another draw, 1-1, Matty Cash for the two-time European Cup winners.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Think they've one of the most unpredictable runs of form at the mo...........

Aston Villa 0 Millwall 0

Derby County 2 Aston Villa 0

Aston Villa 2 Sheffield United 2

Brentford 2 Aston Villa 1

Middlesbrough 0 Aston Villa 1

Aston Villa 5 Bristol City 0

A good side no doubt, but if they have one of their off days we can have 'em.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

tel - 0898 12 11 74

0 - 1 Lansbury

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Hold the fort until the new cavalry arrive, whoever they may be.COYR!!
    You maybe too young to remember Bryn but there was a spoof "US Cavalry" TV comedy series in the 60s called "F Troop". They were about as hapless and farcical as Forest are at the moment.

I think that is where the infamous Millwall firm got their name from also.

10/10 OP. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    0 - 1 Lansbury
    Is that after the opening hole

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    10/10 OP. Love it.
    I too thought this was a great start to a Matchday thread, although the OP loses one point for failing to Mention Leeds’ European Cup Final triumph (even though the thread is nothing to do with them).

Love the OP, however Gary Brazil will of already been sacked after the Arsenal game. Surely it should read 'Win = New manager gets dreaded vote of confidence, Draw = New manager sacked, Lose = New manager shot

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    10/10 OP. Love it.
    I agree. Made me proper Laugh Out Loud a couple of times.

I hope we win this game now as I want to read the next self righteous matchday instalment

Likewise gents. Thought it was really good and different using good humour of our current situation.

Anyone think it's bizarre Brazil took charge of Leeds away and Villa home last season too ?

And then this happened .... our 3rd youngest scorer in history.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Likewise gents. Thought it was really good and different using good humour of our current situation.

Anyone think it's bizarre Brazil took charge of Leeds away and Villa home last season too ?

Which ones were younger?

Random guess: Phil Starbuck and Lee Glover.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjetil Osvald's Cat View Post
    Which ones were younger?

Random guess: Phil Starbuck and Lee Glover.
    Close. Pleat and Glover. The 4th 17 year-old to score for Forest is probably the least known in David Stainwright (first player to sign apprentice forms at Forest)

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    You maybe too young to remember Bryn but there was a spoof "US Cavalry" TV comedy series in the 60s called "F Troop". They were about as hapless and farcical as Forest are at the moment.

I think that is where the infamous Millwall firm got their name from also.
    I was gonna say, the only F Troop I know of is them big fuckers that were growling at a seventeen year old me back in 1988 at the Old Den

Is Lansbury a) injured b) on his usual Christmas and New Year vacation or c)unable to get a place in the Vile side?
    I think a draw is likely in this one.
    I shall be posting my team selection before the game, so that Gary knows the best side to put out.
    As his assistant manager we have already secured a great draw at Elland Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Is Lansbury a) injured b) on his usual Christmas and New Year vacation or c)unable to get a place in the Vile side?
    I think a draw is likely in this one.
    I shall be posting my team selection before the game, so that Gary knows the best side to put out.
    As his assistant manager we have already secured a great draw at Elland Road.
    d) a ****.

They see me trollin'

If we don't win this 7-0 then we should mourn the death of this football club and take up something like tiddlywinks, I wonder if George Graham likes tiddlywinks

Jonny Metgod is my hero

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post

Was that one of those left back thingies crossing the ball?

Waiting to see who we appoint & how we do against Arsenal before predicting this one.

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Waiting to see who we appoint & how we do against Arsenal before predicting this one.
    We are gonna smash Arsenal. Our kids will shine as the mist rolls in...

Win + sack Gary Brazil.

Too School For Cool

Gary Brazil wins the sack race

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    We are gonna smash Arsenal. Our kids will shine as the mist rolls in...
    Good shout Brynn.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    I'm ready to predict a victory now.