48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win

24 50.00%
  • Draw + Sack Gary Brazil

14 29.17%
  • Lose + Sack Gary Brazil

10 20.83%
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Matchday 27: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa - Official Matchday Thread

Default Re: Matchday 27: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa - Official Matchday Thread

Up against an experienced, and disciplined side, and all of our faults are clear again.
    - two CB's who are always weak against crosses into our box
    - LB is a problem
    - Osborn and Vaughan are OK players, but weak and neither is capable to create in the attacking third, nor support the one man up front
    - Clough and Cash maybe skilful players but they are not wide players
    - Dowell great when he plays against attacking teams, disappears against solid physical teams
    Result
    - we will always concede goals
    - the midfield don't connect defence to attack, and the two wide men don't create and get in crosses, and the CF is isolated

Long season ahead until AK fixes some of this

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 27: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa - Official Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by forest_forever_99 View Post
    - Osborn and Vaughan are OK players, but weak and neither is capable to create in the attacking third, nor support the one man up front
    There was a conscious effort to leave these two behind in attacks yesterday for fear of getting done on the break by a slick villa side.

Both players proved in the Arsenal game they are capable of holding a higher line & contributing offensively.

Didn't think it worked yesterday, thought the hole that hampers us reappeared in the middle of the park & Brereton got drawn back to fill it.

If we're going to feel the benefit of DMs at both ends of the park, we need Bridcutt with Osborn or Cash, and another dimension in there too.

Needs reinforcing there.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    There was a conscious effort to leave these two behind in attacks yesterday for fear of getting done on the break by a slick villa side.

Both players proved in the Arsenal game they are capable of holding a higher line & contributing offensively.

Didn't think it worked yesterday, thought the hole that hampers us reappeared in the middle of the park & Brereton got drawn back to fill it.

If we're going to feel the benefit of DMs at both ends of the park, we need Bridcutt with Osborn or Cash, and another dimension in there too.

Needs reinforcing there.
    We need a Neil Webb in the middle, let the likes of Bridcutt /Vaughan win the battles and have a play maker who can thread the passes into dangerous areas to get us on the front foot, unfortunately you also need runners ahead of you and were also lacking quality in wide areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by forest_forever_99 View Post
    Up against an experienced, and disciplined side, and all of our faults are clear again.
    - two CB's who are always weak against crosses into our box
    - LB is a problem
    - Clough and Cash maybe skilful players but they are not wide players
    - Dowell great when he plays against attacking teams, disappears against solid physical teams
    Result
    - we will always concede goals
    - the midfield don't connect defence to attack, and the two wide men don't create and get in crosses, and the CF is isolated

Long season ahead until AK fixes some of this
    Absolutely - I would only add, always try to pass forward, If unavailable pass sideways, if that’s not an option and only if it’s not an option pass it backwards. We fanny about in our third going nowhere with no zip or desire to move up the field, a lot of completely meaningless possession, a long second half of the season.

The teams occupying championship position 2 to 4 tell you that streetwise football with equally streetwise managers is what it takes to be successful

We were good and the better team first half. One slip where Hogan should have been boxed out and Smith should have been a bit quicker/stronger/more decisive cost us.

We definitely have a fragile mentality right now, that's what being you does. But there's still plenty to be excited about IMO. I don't think we're desperate and a million miles away. 4/5 changes, patience and positivity will see us at the right end of the table I feel.

Second half we were outsmarted. Villa kept it when necessary and saw us off. Small margins and decisions are what we're losing to at the minute.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    The teams occupying championship position 2 to 4 tell you that streetwise football with equally streetwise managers is what it takes to be successful
    It certainly helps in this league.

I'm sure that our new manager can see the same weaknesses in our team/squad that we can.
    Dominating centre half.
    Powerful tackling midfielder.
    Replacement for Vaughan (eventually).
    Effective striker.

The key factors; are they available and can we afford them?

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post

The key factors; are they available and can we afford them?
    That has had nothing to do with it all season so why should we start now?

Hi all.

I was there! No comment from me: just an observation. Yesterday was the innocents versus the experienced. Time and time again, a Villa man running through the middle would slow down an wait for the hit. The villa players would drop if a hand was laid on them. The ref was next to useless and linesmen lacked guts.

Marse

Last edited by marse; 14-01-18 at 22:23.

They see me trollin'

Didn't score and didn't win, won't get promotion with a 0%win rate

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    And not sacking them after a short run of bad form.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

As the new manager pointed out himself, there is a lot of work to do here. I back him to do so and think he is a great appointment - but at the minute we are miles off the pace in the league. I expect us to finish roughly where we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    We were good and the better team first half. One slip where Hogan should have been boxed out and Smith should have been a bit quicker/stronger/more decisive cost us.

We definitely have a fragile mentality right now, that's what being you does. But there's still plenty to be excited about IMO. I don't think we're desperate and a million miles away. 4/5 changes, patience and positivity will see us at the right end of the table I feel.

Second half we were outsmarted. Villa kept it when necessary and saw us off. Small margins and decisions are what we're losing to at the minute.

Heres a nugget on information for ya about Jordan smith his preferred position was centre forward,changed his position when he was about 15..