48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win

24 50.00%
  • Draw + Sack Gary Brazil

14 29.17%
  • Lose + Sack Gary Brazil

10 20.83%
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday 27: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa - Official Matchday Thread

Default Re: Matchday 27: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa - Official Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I got stuck like that, too. George Michael got on the aircraft with a few of his 'mates'. The girls wanted an autograph, but were too shy to approach his group so muggins was deputed to do autograph duty.

Unfortunately I didn't know who he was so looked on the load sheet to check. They print the names with surname first, so I went up and called him Mr George. Better than calling him Michael, I suppose, but broke the ice, actually a nice bloke.
    You know what I'm going to say!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 27: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa - Official Matchday Thread

[QUOTE=Le Juif Rouge;2718183]
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post

Roy Wood is one of the very few famous people I have ever met. Very briefly and after a Move concert in 1969, and mainly because the girls I was with wanted his autograph.
    I chatted with him for a few minutes at half time, while we had tea.
    He was very quietly spoken, rather shy but very friendly.
    I always loved The Move... and I did like Roy Wood's original ELO.

Miserable bastard

I listened to Aston Villa against Posh on Saturday - Villa were completely overrun in midfield in the first half, amusingly Bruce sent Lansbury at half-time to steady the midfield...and he was completely anonymous making things even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    I listened to Aston Villa against Posh on Saturday - Villa were completely overrun in midfield in the first half, amusingly Bruce sent Lansbury at half-time to steady the midfield...and he was completely anonymous making things even worse.
    Somethings never change.
    Lans was probably still a bit jet-lagged after his usual winter break.

Left Winger

Somethings never change.
    Lans was probably still a bit jet-lagged after his usual winter break.
    Probably looking forward to a round of Golf.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Same team against Villa please. Ben Bereaton playing in the position he deserves

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I got stuck like that, too. George Michael got on the aircraft with a few of his 'mates'. The girls wanted an autograph, but were too shy to approach his group so muggins was deputed to do autograph duty.

Unfortunately I didn't know who he was so looked on the load sheet to check. They print the names with surname first, so I went up and called him Mr George. Better than calling him Michael, I suppose, but broke the ice, actually a nice bloke.
    I've heard numerous stories of what a nice bloke George Michael was.

Think we should play our reserves here.

Should be good enough to beat Villa.

[QUOTE=Captain Sinister;2718145]
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    Fuck Nigel Kennedy.....and shit on the Villa. COYR[/QUOTE

Many years ago I was entertained in our Company solicitors' Executive Box at Villa Park when we got a 1-1 draw courtesy of a Steve Stone goal.
    Among the other guests was not only the Kennedy twat, but also a much more pleasant Roy Wood, ex of the Move and Roy Wood's Wizzard (to name but a couple).
    At that time the different Exec Boxes were put into a hat and the first pulled out were invited to sit in the Villa Directors' Exec Box.
    My hosts' box was drawn and we took our seats alongside the Villa Directors.
    I suddenly became persona non grata when I leaped from my seat to celebrate Stone's goal.
    I always thought Roy wood was a Birmingham city fan captain

[QUOTE=GOBIAS;2718686]

Thatís Brummies for you, most of the twats donít know what day it is never mind which team they support

Should piss this. No excuses now

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=big jay;2718724]
    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post

That’s Brummies for you, most of the twats don’t know what day it is never mind which team they support

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Think they've one of the most unpredictable runs of form at the mo...........

Aston Villa 0 Millwall 0

Derby County 2 Aston Villa 0

Aston Villa 2 Sheffield United 2

Brentford 2 Aston Villa 1

Middlesbrough 0 Aston Villa 1

Aston Villa 5 Bristol City 0

A good side no doubt, but if they have one of their off days we can have 'em.
    running formlines through their loss in there last game to ... Peterboro (after being 1.0 up) and us beating Arsenal ... we are 1/10 on

funny on saturday, listening on radio ... Villa have brought on ... Lansbury .. to shore up the midfield lol

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO:PSYCHO:PSYCHO View Post
    running formlines through their loss in there last game to ... Peterboro (after being 1.0 up) and us beating Arsenal ... we are 1/10 on

funny on saturday, listening on radio ... Villa have brought on ... Lansbury .. to shore up the midfield lol
    Did a cracking job. They conceded 3 goals

[QUOTE=GOBIAS;2718686]

He is.

[QUOTE=GOBIAS;2718686]

That's probably why he was talking to me... aliens among the natives.

[QUOTE=Lefkasman;2718811]
    He is.
    [QUOTE=Captain Sinister;2718821]

That's probably why he was talking to me... aliens among the natives.
    I only thought that because my Dad's mate is a brummie (villa fan) and my dad and him were out for a curry one night over that way. Roy Wood was in and my Dad's mate knows him to speak to and they gave each other a bit of well natured abuse about football when they arrived and again when they left. Dad said he was a friendly chap too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I was gonna say, the only F Troop I know of is them big fuckers that were growling at a seventeen year old me back in 1988 at the Old Den
    My mate harry used to run with the millwall back in the 80s and early 90s, lovely chap till you upset him, hes catford born n bred, he reckons that one of their top lads used to get a hard on at the thought of beating up some rival hooligan..shivers was his name

A touch worried with who partners Mance on Saturday.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    A touch worried with who partners Mance on Saturday.
    Mills I guess. No one else is there?

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by foggytuch73 View Post
    My mate harry used to run with the millwall back in the 80s and early 90s, lovely chap till you upset him, hes catford born n bred, he reckons that one of their top lads used to get a hard on at the thought of beating up some rival hooligan..shivers was his name
    Not Harry the dog? I think he was 70's with Tiny, Ginger Bob and all that crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Maybe a shiny new signing?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    It has to be. Seems Fox got another niggle.

You just don't know what you going to get with Mills.

Hopefully he steps up for himself if anything as Villa's forwards are no mugs.

The Wand!

Mills might do well under this manager.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    It has to be. Seems Fox got another niggle.

You just don't know what you going to get with Mills.

Hopefully he steps up for himself if anything as Villa's forwards are no mugs.
    True. He can put himself in the shop window.