48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win

24 50.00%
  • Draw + Sack Gary Brazil

14 29.17%
  • Lose + Sack Gary Brazil

10 20.83%
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday 27: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa - Official Matchday Thread

Default Re: Matchday 27: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa - Official Matchday Thread

Gutted. Normal business resumed then.

I fear for AK. He's fallen below 1.25 PPG and that could spell disaster for him.

If AK wins 4-2 next week he'll definitely be fired.

Spent all week drafting ideas for matchday 28 too

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 27: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa - Official Matchday Thread

I wonder if coaches like Bruce and Warnock set aside specific time in training to work on things like diving and nudging players going to head the ball and getting away with it.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Collymore! View Post
    Gutted. Normal business resumed then.

I fear for AK. He's fallen below 1.25 PPG and that could spell disaster for him.

If AK wins 4-2 next week he'll definitely be fired.

Spent all week drafting ideas for matchday 28 too
    If it was normal business we would probably at least have had a real chance or scored a goal. Tonight we...well we sat in the cold.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    If it was normal business we would probably at least have had a real chance or scored a goal. Tonight we...well we sat in the cold.
    It's not the end of the world.

0-1 vs. a serious promotion contender.

Okay, the manner of defeat was somewhat worrying.

But better that AK sees this now. He has had the opportunity to assess the squad and see it for what it is.

The real disaster would be a 'new manager bounce' taking us through the transfer window followed by 'normal service resumed'!

Quote Originally Posted by lolforest65 View Post

The real disaster would be a 'new manager bounce' taking us through the transfer window followed by 'normal service resumed'!
    This!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    And we have a tough run of games coming up. Worryingly so.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Never a problem in my eyes. Roy Hodgson started at Palace with 3 top 4 clubs, as did Moyes at West Ham - you get to see your side properly tested so they can be organised and properly drilled for the matches that should be won.

Impressive member

It's not the end of the world.

0-1 vs. a serious promotion contender.

Okay, the manner of defeat was somewhat worrying.

But better that AK sees this now. He has had the opportunity to assess the squad and see it for what it is.

Good point.
    That's what I meant about Karanka learning more by watching today's game than the Arsenal one, which just papered over the cracks because Wenger had them set up to, by accident, play to our strengths.

Wolves will be the same as today, only we'll be punished more.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

It's all about mid-table...

We'll be alright, if he adds a few decent players and gets rid of the deadwood we should stay clear of a relegation battle.

It's the best we can ask for at the moment, 8 points from the trapdoor but I think we can at least maintain that gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Never a problem in my eyes. Roy Hodgson started at Palace with 3 top 4 clubs, as did Moyes at West Ham - you get to see your side properly tested so they can be organised and properly drilled for the matches that should be won.
    This is Forest mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    And then you get sacked for it

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    We'll be alright, if he adds a few decent players and gets rid of the deadwood we should stay clear of a relegation battle.

It's the best we can ask for at the moment, 8 points from the trapdoor but I think we can at least maintain that gap.
    We should be fine.

With all the stories of Karanka compiling 80 page dossiers on the opposition before games I am in no doubt that he is fully aware of the mammoth task that lies ahead.

There is no way that he would have joined this club without assurance that Marinakis would be willing to back him in the transfer market. If we really are going in for players of Charlie Musonda's calibre then the future looks bright.

Let's not forget, Aitor also hasn't had anywhere near long enough to impart his footballing philosophy on the players. he won't be happy man this evening and the players will know about it I'm sure.

Best served cold

We should be fine.

With all the stories of Karanka compiling 80 page dossiers on the opposition before games I am in no doubt that he is fully aware of the mammoth task that lies ahead.

There is no way that he would have joined this club without assurance that Marinakis would be willing to back him in the transfer market. If we really are going in for players of Charlie Musonda's calibre then the future looks bright.

Let's not forget, Aitor also hasn't had anywhere near long enough to impart his footballing philosophy on the players. he won't be happy man this evening and the players will know about it I'm sure.

So did someone leave the Villa pages out?

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Hahaha it's almost like the squad isn't good enough, regardless of manager.

Oh a new record was set for calling a manager shit in TE tonight, I never thought anyone would get it as bad as a 60th minute sub warbs got called out on but in the 24th minute we were treated to this gem.

"I know he's been at Real Madrid but he hasn't got a clue" can't even give the manager a game.

oopsy daisy!

It's a good job we have the points we have. It's going to be a long hard winter and spring.

We're fighting against relegation again.

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    So did someone leave the Villa pages out?
    Karanka has been in the country for about 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post

Oh a new record was set for calling a manager shit in TE tonight, I never thought anyone would get it as bad as a 60th minute sub warbs got called out on but in the 24th minute we were treated to this gem.

"I know he's been at Real Madrid but he hasn't got a clue" can't even give the manager a game.
    Get outta there man !

We're so quick to give the new manager time and brush over this.

All the excuses in the book, but we couldn't afford MW anymore time, or even an explanation why he was moved on.

I would argue that there was a manager in a better position to assess the squad going into January... But that's just me.

End of Jan, 4 defeats from 4 and we'll still be putting it down to MW. It's not the manager, never had been...

Dark forces at work at NFFC I tell you.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Couldn't make it tonight, is it worth trying to find full match on Internet when I'm back later? Any positives?
    Yes.

Villa got their goal and chose to rather sit back and let our powder puff attack run around uselessly in front of them rather than finish us off.

Net result is that our goal difference only got worse by 1.

And that is the positive to take from that.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Get outta there man !
    It's making me want to get off the planet..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    That's true but wasn't Warbuton sacked because of a difference in opinion on what kind of player was needed to address our problems? At least that's the rumour. I'm sure results also played a part.

Anyway, what's done is done.

It's time to back Aitor.

We need to do something about this toxic negative culture at the City Ground too.

Karanka has been in the country for about 3 days.
    Your telling me a manager can't prepare a 80-page document on Villa, do a press day, analyse his entire squad, analyse our recent games and find transfer targets for the next few weeks in 3 days? Bone idle if you ask me.

The priority for AK these next few weeks is to try and get the squad the way he wants it.

That's true but wasn't Warbuton sacked because of a difference in opinion on what kind of player was needed to address our problems? At least that's the rumour. I'm sure results also played a part.

Anyway, what's done is done.

It's time to back Aitor.

We need to do something about this toxic negative culture at the City Ground too.
    Stop sacking managers every six months?

Most likely you will sign offensive players than defensive.

I find your offense non consistent at all in the creative part of the game.

The team is very soft both physically and mentally. And this cannot be changed without signings.
    The youth are pretty good. But this way, without serous experience to sustain them, they will be burned.

You need at least an attacking midfielder, then a left back and then an experienced CB in my opinion. If you could take also a good DM with some height and pace it would be great

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

It's almost like the team is made of freebies and youth.....

Quote Originally Posted by Collymore! View Post
    Stop sacking managers every six months?
    For now we should give the new regime the benefit of the doubt.

I couldn't make todays game and watched it on Sky. I noticed their commentator kept conveniently forgetting that Al Hasawi had left the club.

This is Marinakis' first appointment, officially at least.

For all we know he could be here for the next 10 years.