Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: An open letter to the Chairman of NFFC

Default Re: An open letter to the Chairman of NFFC

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    otherwise they're relying on it being put to bed with promotion.
    101 similarities with Fawaz number 8.......bing!

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Good advice. Sometimes its better to say nowt.

If marriage has taught me owt, its to avoid making rash promises
    Should we be taking marriage guidance advice from you?

Too School for Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Dear Mr Randall,

Please don't say anything more about this.

Half won't believe you anyway and we could do without the extra grief that the arguments would start and it will help us try and pull together rather than divide us further.

Signed

Someone fed up with it all.
    I highly doubt he will to be honest

Too School for Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    If marriage has taught me owt, its to avoid making rash promises
    Yep. Never promise her that the rash isn't contagious. Learnt that the hard way.

Obviously the club have decided not to say any more about the departure of Warbs. It is their right. Sadly we will still, now and in the future, guess, wildly in some cases, at the reasons.

Now I will move forward with the club (at least, I hope it's forward) keeping a rather keener eye on the Forest leadership than I have in the past, hoping that they are not prone to the sort of stumble that so enraged a sizeable portion of the fanbase in the last month or so.

Also hoping that the promised meetings with fans actually take place, keeping us informed of past mistakes as well as future plans.

Too School for Cool

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Obviously the club have decided not to say any more about the departure of Warbs. It is their right. Sadly we will still, now and in the future, guess, wildly in some cases, at the reasons.
    Part of the problem is even if they did provide a reason everyone would question it and doubt their sincerity.

They're better of saying nothing.

Now I will move forward with the club (at least, I hope it's forward) keeping a rather keener eye on the Forest leadership than I have in the past, hoping that they are not prone to the sort of stumble that so enraged a sizeable portion of the fanbase in the last month or so.

Also hoping that the promised meetings with fans actually take place, keeping us informed of past mistakes as well as future plans.
    This

looking back to this time last year we were desperate for changes across the board, Fawaz out, new manager etc etc.
    I think they could have sold us anything and we would never have looked at the fine print.

Today my view is we have a much better, stronger, stable platform on which to build a challenge, whether that be survival, playoffs or promotion.
    I don't think we are quite ready for the Premier League - I've said it before - if its a bouncing promotion that see's us back here the following
    season coz we can't cut it I would sooner wait a season - even if it meant throwing a game in the play offs......too early to even contemplate that.

As for MW, great manager in his own specialty and came in so save a sinking ship, which I have to remind some of us produced a nail biting finish as
    we still couldn't win those games that mattered. We started off well this season but have slumped to similar performances of how we finished last season,
    yes there were signs of individual progress but we couldn't regularly carry it through as a team, but I would have given him the rest of the season.

BUT now I have come around to the view that MW was only the caretaker manager bought in to prepare us for the manager that EM had in mind to take us into the future.

What concerns me at the moment is that the transfer market for us is very quiet.......

Obviously the club have decided not to say any more about the departure of Warbs. It is their right. Sadly we will still, now and in the future, guess, wildly in some cases, at the reasons..
    It's the owners right on what level of honesty they want to take with the fans, but they have to accept responsibility for fans reactions - both disappointment and heightened expectation, should they say nothing.

Karanka Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Dear Mr Randall,
    A great many season ticket holders, regular supporters, casuals and followers would be interested in your comments on a letter written a few months ago:

Thank you.
    Just reading that again Amazing

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

You can often tell at least as much from what people say as you can from what they don't.

By saying nothing, they've told me plenty, especially when considered in conjunction with that letter.

A lot of goodwill has been chucked away, needlessly. I think most of us had hoped for better from the new regime.

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Should we be taking marriage guidance advice from you?
    It transpires that MASE has had more experience than most.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

You can often tell at least as much from what people say as you can from what they don't.

By saying nothing, they've told me plenty, especially when considered in conjunction with that letter.

A lot of goodwill has been chucked away, needlessly. I think most of us had hoped for better from the new regime.
    I agree but we can't really hang him for something he hasn't said, irrespective of how truthful or opinionated those words are that he hasn't said.

I think it's always going to be a case of 'damned if you do and damned if you don't'. We're not a very forgiving bunch. I can't think of much that could have been said that would have placated everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    It transpires that MASE has had more experience than most.
    I equate him to the Steve Cotterill of marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    I agree but we can't really hang him for something he hasn't said, irrespective of how truthful or opinionated those words are that he hasn't said.

I think it's always going to be a case of 'damned if you do and damned if you don't'. We're not a very forgiving bunch. I can't think of much that could have been said that would have placated everyone.
    I think if they'd have stuck to their word for at least one season though far more would be far more forgiving for longer.

The disparity between that letter & their actions boarders on stunning. Right up their with "we're serious about promotion" only to be relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    I equate him to the Steve Cotterill of marriage.
    If I hadn't divorced my third wife, I'd only have been divorced twice.

what if that "sticking with him for a season" led to us plummeting down into a relegation battle Alf ?
    would you still feel the same way about them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryde Red View Post
    what if that "sticking with him for a season" led to us plummeting down into a relegation battle Alf ?
    would you still feel the same way about them ?
    Hypothetical given he's gone now.

If we end up in a relegation battle now then the only saving grace will be watching the huge coordinated backpedaling on this forum from those who wanted Warburton gone and suggested they would back stability under Karanka.

Can't lose from this position Alf, either Karanka does really well and we can eat our hats whilst celebrating Forest's reintroduction to the Premier League, or we can go on the biggest 'told you so' bender the world has ever known.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Hypothetical given he's gone now.

If we end up in a relegation battle now then the only saving grace will be watching the huge coordinated backpedaling on this forum from those who wanted Warburton gone and suggested they would back stability under Karanka.
    No one wanted Warburton gone.

As people are entitled to do, some just pointed out reasons as to why his position may be under threat. Ultimately correctly so as it turned out.

No one wanted to see him go and no one was responsible for undermining him or sacking him.

There will be no need for any 'told you so's' from either side of the debate should we either flourish or struggle under Karanka.

I am sure no one will want to see Karanka gone either and will all fully support him in helping to make Forest what we want them to be in the same way we have backed previous managers.

It's all about mid-table...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

As part of our Supporter Engagement Programme, the club wants to consult with supporters and current Advisory Board members on issues relating to season cards and general ticket office operations.

In particular the club will be consulting with members of the Official Supporters’ Club, the Supporters’ Trust and the Forza Garibaldi fans group. If you have issues you wish to raise on these topics you can do so through these groups.

Additional supporter representatives have also been invited to participate regarding hospitality issues.

There is also a dedicated email address through which you can have your say. This is ticketsfeedback@nottinghamforest.co.uk.

The club would like to take this opportunity to notify supporters that arrangements for stand representative elections will be published within the next few weeks to coincide with other announcements relevant to those elections
    Go get 'em Alf.

The Wand!

There was none of this under Uncle Fawaz. At least he would have posted something on Twitter and then had an argument with a Derby fan.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    There was none of this under Uncle Fawaz. At least he would have posted something on Twitter and then had an argument with a Derby fan.
    Ok Spiderman

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Would anyone in the Trent End vote for me?

I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

There is an old saying:

"keep them guessing"

It keeps us all entertained and otherwise out of the way