Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: An open letter to the Chairman of NFFC

Default Re: An open letter to the Chairman of NFFC

Iím surprised by the strong words in this thread. I am disappointed by the sacking, and long term club health is my top priority, but we donít yet know why the decision was made, or if the current regime will deliver long term club health. Hopefully things become clear, and itís positive.

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Fawazzock View Post
    I’m surprised by the strong words in this thread. I am disappointed by the sacking, and long term club health is my top priority, but we don’t yet know why the decision was made, or if the current regime will deliver long term club health. Hopefully things become clear, and it’s positive.
    you're right, of course, but one of the downsides of the ownership being relatively silent compared to the previous regime is that, when they make major decisions like this, that impacts the entire club and directly contradicts something they have said in the past (ie, that Warburton was the perfect manager for the job), when they stay silent on the issue (other than a very short couple of paragraphs on the OS which only give us the fact that the manager is gone), it leads to confusion and upset amongst the fanbase

To our beloved leader (if you've read this far or even been reading this at all).

I have had time to assimilate the news now; after my initial shock and disbelief, loyal fans have been trying to persuade me that Warbs was not our real chosen leader and in fact you have a much more tasty delicacy in store for us. I hope so.

If you are as canny as I believed you to be, you will already have tapped up a new manager and have him in place to take over the reigns almost immediately. This is vital.

Gary Brazil has a lot on his plate at the Academy at the moment, plus the new man will need to re-stock the team with a few vitally needed players. There will of course be no point in Brazil selecting these new players as he will inevitably retire to the academy again after his latest stint as manager.

My confidence in your leadership has taken a real knock over the last 24 hours and I hope, for the sake of our great club (and remember I'm here with my mates for life, you are only a custodian of the legacy) you must get this right. I don't really care about the owner and the admin staff who are only here for the duration; I care about all the staff who work at NFFC and had to endure Fawaz. I care about the fans who go every week only to see their hopes dashed week after week. I care about old people like me who have spent many years following this club through thick and thin hoping for(and sometimes getting) pleasure from this rather odd passion. At least, my wife thought it odd.

Come on, show me you're not just empty rhetoric, but you have backbone and ability.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    If so, then so are all men who have divorced their wives, and even more so: they gave vows, Randall just stated his beliefs in a letter.

Things change; in life, as in football.
    I donít give a fuck about some geezer divorcing his Mrs, what I do give a fuck about is being told by the CEO (at season ticket buying time) that there is plan in place only for it torn apart 5 months later

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Tick....tock.....

I'm disappointed that MW has been sacked, but changing your mind several months later from making a statement doesn't equal lying in the initial statement.
    Nor does it necessarily mean that the new owners are just as bad as the old owners. Only time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    I'm disappointed that MW has been sacked, but changing your mind several months later from making a statement doesn't equal lying in the initial statement.
    Nor does it necessarily mean that the new owners are just as bad as the old owners. Only time will tell.

It did seem like it was almost a guarantee Warburton would get 'time' though, and that that could be taken to mean more time than recent managers have been given (presumably with the threat of relegation or something being factors to consider, but not much else outside misconduct or something since his football philosophy had already been given the nod of approval).

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post

If it moves us forward it’s a good decision, if it takes us back it’s a bad decision.

One thing I believe is he wasn’t sacked for the results.

Just everyone getting over emotional during a meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    If it moves us forward itís a good decision, if it takes us back itís a bad decision.

One thing I believe is he wasnít sacked for the results.

Just everyone getting over emotional during a meltdown.
    Meltdown is one of the wankest internet terms there is, it's used to dismiss the genuine concerns of a group without taking time to consider their position.
    Of course a group of us are angry, we have just emerged from 5 years of comedic ownership with assurances, in writing, that things will be different now, the new regime understand and share your concerns, we need to rebuild and show patience and bravery.
    5 months that lasted, 5 fucking months and we are having our pants pulled down again. I'm not touching my fucking toes for them, I took everything that Randall CHOSE to write at face value and trusted his word, never again, he isn't fit for purpose to coin a phrase of his.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    If the club have had a disagreement with MW/McP around transfer/club policy, then I expect that's been known about for a while, and the sacking the day before January means we have a new manager already lined up to go, with his transfer targets almost confirmed.
    The powers that be see what happens at the ground day in day out. We see 95 minute snapshots every other week.

Wonder who is best placed to make business decisions? Us or them?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    One of the best live acts I've ever seen at Fat Sam's in Mansfield

Google "Rock Bitch - Fist Fuck" for their best song & performance. True artists.

ďAll the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.Ē

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    The powers that be see what happens at the ground day in day out. We see 95 minute snapshots every other week.

Wonder who is best placed to make business decisions? Us or them?
    The morons on Twatter, clearly.....

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

You’re surely not serious that the guys in charge ( Fawaz excluded ) are influenced by posts on social media?

Youíre surely not serious that the guys in charge ( Fawaz excluded ) are influenced by posts on social media?
    I'll bet you anything you like that they use it to gauge support for their decisions before they are announced. They have already stated that they follow the fansites such as forums and Facebook so I don't believe for a second that they don't carry any influence.

Left Winger

Youíre surely not serious that the guys in charge ( Fawaz excluded ) are influenced by posts on social media?
    We know 100% that people from NFFC read this forum.

It is not then a huge leap to imagine they also read other internet resources, such as Facebook and Twitter.

Unfortunately the quality of post on here is maybe a bit more balanced than the other two mediums.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post

It is not then a huge leap to imagine they also read other internet resources, such as Facebook and Twitter.

Unfortunately the quality of post on here is maybe a bit more balanced than the other two mediums.
    Blimey!
    Balanced?
    Aaah - "a bit more" is the key phrase!

They see me trollin'

To our benevolent leaders,

George Graham is waiting for you.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

As said previously they follow these sites. If you look at Forest FB page then every post is met with Warburton out at least once, it started in September.

I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post

Maybe? Understatement chris. The insanity on facebook and twitter is incredible. This place is like an oasis of reasoned discourse in a desert of insane ignorance. One guy on facebook was adamant that Harry Redknapp was the only way forward. Jesus wept.

I like to think that we have a good cross-section of supporters post on here who are open to entertain and debate anything Forest and non football related.

We have a great mix of age, gender, nationality, faith, intelligence and humour but we approach all subjects with reasonable discussion by comparison to many other similar sites and social media platforms. That's not to say that things don't sometimes get a bit heated but no one should fear being ridiculed for having an opinion.

I steer well clear of Twitter and Facebook discussions.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

So Randall looked a man under the pump sitting with Frankie C and Johnnie McG. Wonder what the phone-call was about.

I noticed former reds captain John Mac sitting with our chairman and thought, now who was it gave advice to Fawaz when new managers were needed?

However, I suppose I will be told the decision is made in EM's house and not the CG.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    So Randall looked a man under the pump sitting with Frankie C and Johnnie McG. Wonder what the phone-call was about.
    Possibly finding out he's just been sacked as well and that EM is bringing in his second cousin to run things?

Quote Originally Posted by Kjetil Osvald's Cat View Post
    It did seem like it was almost a guarantee Warburton would get 'time' though, and that that could be taken to mean more time than recent managers have been given (presumably with the threat of relegation or something being factors to consider, but not much else outside misconduct or something since his football philosophy had already been given the nod of approval).
    He did get time. How often is it the case that when new owners come into a club one of the first things they do is sack the manager and replace him with one they appoint? Fawaz did this with Cotterill.

Marinakis may well have been involved as a potential buyer in Fawaz's decision to bring in McParland and Warburton, but how well did he know who he was bringing in, how they work, what their views are on recruitment, and how compatible that is going to be with his staff?

If, as has been strongly hinted this is actually down to policy differences rather than results, which were on the upturn overall albeit not by a large amount and not in the near past, then surely that isn't something time is going to be a big healer of, and also, something you're not always going to see until you have worked with them for a while.

I don't think the club is going to go any more public on the reasons this has happened, any more so than they already have. Their actions in what their next appointment is, how they handle recruitment then, and what the response is to the inevitable bad run will speak more than anything they can say now.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Possibly finding out he's just been sacked as well and that EM is bringing in his second cousin to run things?
    Great days ahead for the Reds Erik.