Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Wembley FC and the Football Association

Default Wembley FC and the Football Association

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42442290

This is a spectacularly silly course of action by the FA and a very unjust decision by the Intellectual Property Office of the EU.

Wembley is a toponym, Wembley FC's logo has nothing to do with the Wembley Stadium logo, and the whole affair gives a clear sign that there is room for amateur football only when the big money says so.

Under the same logic, Manchester United can sue FC United of Manchester (National League North) for everything they've got (not much I suppose), because some customer of the big brand in Malaysia might confuse the two.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Wembley FC and the Football Association

It is a problem with "Branding" generally, because the Brands have become big, international and profitable.

Didn't Harley-Davidson trademark the sound of their engines to block the Japanese from copying it?

I think our cousins in St Louis should globally trademark the name "Rams" and force D**by to call themselves "The Sheep", which is more correct anyway.

What have St Louis got to do with it?

oopsy daisy!

Shows how in touch the people who run football in this country are with their grassroots game.

Left Winger

The FA don’t care about grassroots football as in their eyes it only costs them money and makes them nothing.

Sack the lot of them.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

The very least the FA should do, if they care about football more than money (which of course they don't), is to pay for Wembley FC to change their kit etc. A small expense for them and a giant expense for the club.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

I've long expected Richard Scudamore to initiate legal action against a certain hotel chain.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I've long expected Richard Scudamore to initiate legal action against a certain hotel chain.
    For a moment Otis I was scratching my head at that one, trying to remember if I’d ever stopped at a Hotel called “Massive Money-grabbing Cnut” before.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    For a moment Otis I was scratching my head at that one, trying to remember if I’d ever stopped at a Hotel called “Massive Money-grabbing Cnut” before.
    I think that's probably the same chain.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    It is a problem with "Branding" generally, because the Brands have become big, international and profitable.

Didn't Harley-Davidson trademark the sound of their engines to block the Japanese from copying it?

I think our cousins in St Louis should globally trademark the name "Rams" and force D**by to call themselves "The Sheep", which is more correct anyway.
    Harley trademarked their firing sequence degree timing or tried to, not sure if it ever went through. It's shit anyway and no one would use it unless, like Harley they're all "style" no substance.

The worrying thing brought up by this case though is that Wembley FC did everything right including trademarking their logo etc and yet the FA have still been able to call the shots purely because of their financial muscle.

In reality the FA have been caught with their trousers down and without any loo roll at hand. They are totally in the wrong and should be bending over backwards to accommodate Wembley FC.

Unfortunately as with everything to do with football, money talks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

The absolute fucking scandal in this affair is that the fundamental duty of the FA is to oversee the wellbeing of the game in this country, from the national team to the very grassroots that clubs like Wembley FC represent. An easy compromise would have been for the FA to fund a change of badge design for the club at a very modest cost by that organisation's standards.

It's bad enough that the FA casually stands by and simply allows the amateur game in England to slowly die - which definitely is happening at the lowest parks level through lack of basic funding and support - let alone accelerate the demise of one its clubs just slightly further up the pyramid.

Greg Clark and his cronies should hang their heads in shame.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 25-12-17 at 12:02.

The absolute fucking scandal in this affair is that the fundamental duty of the FA is to oversee the wellbeing of the game in this country, from the national team to the very grassroots that clubs like Wembley FC represent. An easy compromise would have been for the FA to fund a change of badge design for the club at a very modest cost by that organisation's standards.

It's bad enough that the FA casually stands by and simply allows the amateur game in England to slowly die - which definitely is happening at the lowest parks level through lack of basic funding and support - let alone accelerate the demise of one its clubs just slightly further up the pyramid.

Bunch of self serving money grabbing cvnts

Wandering around the CG

Absolutely abhorrent for the FA of all people to be doing this. Guardians of the game my arse, absolute c***ts definitely

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce