Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: The jolly festive period

Default The jolly festive period

So there are 5 games between now and the cup game v Arsenal and a good run would push us into the playoffs a couple of wins ( we don’t do draws) will see us stay where we are mid table but 5?defeats will see us looking down and spiralling towards relegation how do we think we’re going to do? Here are my rather pessimistic thoughts:
    Bristol away L
    Preston away L
    Wednesday home W
    Sunderland H W
    Leeds away L

and we stay where we are although I’m not sure we’ll beat Wednesday and Sunderland got a draw at Villa with 10 men - could be squeaky bum time

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Red til I'm dead

Default Re: The jolly festive period

We’ll win some, lose some and stay in the middle of the table until the end of the season.

Which is good progress in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably not sober

I think regardless of individual results, we'll be mid-table come January

I think you'll find Sunderland drew with Wolves, not Villa! But I see your point. I'd also go with your predictions of just the 2 wins.

I don't think we're that predictable, there could easily be a couple of away wins in there.

Got a feeling this will be a good period for us tbh. Winning ugly aganist Bolton shows we've reached another marker in our evolution.

Won't go spunking thinking we're a top 6 side just yet, but think this period will be good.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I don't think we're that predictable, there could easily be a couple of away wins in there.
    Predicting any result is this League at the moment is just about impossible. The results are all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by redforest View Post
    So there are 5 games between now and the cup game v Arsenal and a good run would push us into the playoffs a couple of wins ( we don’t do draws) will see us stay where we are mid table but 5?defeats will see us looking down and spiralling towards relegation how do we think we’re going to do? Here are my rather pessimistic thoughts:
    Bristol away L
    Preston away L
    Wednesday home W
    Sunderland H W
    Leeds away L

and we stay where we are although I’m not sure we’ll beat Wednesday and Sunderland got a draw at Villa with 10 men - could be squeaky bum time
    Wednesday have dicked us the last three times at our place. If Coleman gets Sunderland moving I can quite easily see us getting fuck all from that run of fixtures.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Wednesday have dicked us the last three times at our place. If Coleman gets Sunderland moving I can quite easily see us getting fuck all from that run of fixtures.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    That set of fixtures look very tough indeed. Got nil points written allover it. Fuck

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tricky_tree1982 View Post
    I think you'll find Sunderland drew with Wolves, not Villa! But I see your point. I'd also go with your predictions of just the 2 wins.
    Well spotted I knew they both had dull 0-0s and actually Sunderland’s result is now even better! However I can now see us getting wins at both Preston and Bristol given the unpredictability of the league and the fact that neither team is very good just adept as eeking out good results recently and after 5 wins on the bounce adding the Bolton result we can the roar into the new year gaining revenge at Elland road against the only team to have totally outplayed us so far this season and won handsomely

...the Liatrom Red

Bristol away L
    Preston away L
    Wednesday home W
    Sunderland H W
    Leeds away L

Can see us getting zero points out of that lot. Good job I'm gonna be absolutely wankered for the rest of the year.

Nevermind, we'll get back on track in January with easy games against Arsenal, Villa & Wolves.

Ain't no party like a 80's party..

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

He looks nothing like Paul Ince?

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by lard View Post
    Ain't no party like a 80's party..

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
    Colin Calderwood?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Probably not sober

Is that Doctor Who's current assistant?

Bristol away L
    Preston away L
    Wednesday home W
    Sunderland H W
    Leeds away L

A point ahead of schedule just need 2 home wins and the playoff push will start in earnest in the New Year

A point ahead of schedule just need 2 home wins and the playoff push will start in earnest in the New Year
    Well we’re now 2 points behind schedule and the Sunderland game has taken on a very important status as I can’t see us getting anything at Leeds. However the mood on today’s match day thread is mightily depressing and in some cases totally over the top. Yes the final score was not good but we have been here before v Leeds earlier in the season when we actually played quite well first half but went behind and were totally out thought in the second half much like today where we should have scored 2 or 3 in the first half and we’re totally deflated after the penalty gifted the second just before half time. Have not posted on the match day thread as it became too personal with the new kid on the block ultra forest making some very venal yet controversial comments which wound up some of the stalwarts on here which was probably the intention from the beginning. Not sure where ultra forest suddenly appeared from as most of his post were today (strictly speaking yesterday) but feel he is a reincarnation of one of our old trolls (Kieran et al) and should really be ignored rather than insulted. Our best performance of the year could have easily turned out like today if qpr has put any of their early chances away and we hadn’t scored with just about every shot on target in the same way that today could have been another qpr result had we put away the 3 clear cue chances in the first half and not conceded the wonder strike and the pen but, guess what? That’s football!!! Onwards and upwards COYR!!!

Impressive member

We ought to always be going out to get the first goal because we clearly have no way to win once we concede. Our attacking style of play leaves us more exposed when the other team shuts up shop after they've scored.
    I'd rather we have a run of games where we have our best play in the first half.
    Actually, right now I'd take the next 4 games as 0-0s.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    We ought to always be going out to get the first goal because we clearly have no way to win once we concede. Our attacking style of play leaves us more exposed when the other team shuts up shop after they've scored.
    I'd rather we have a run of games where we have our best play in the first half.
    Actually, right now I'd take the next 4 games as 0-0s.

Just been looking at a stat table, and we have conceded the opening goal in 15 of our games, only Sunderland are worse. The worrying thing is the average time we concede is the worse than any other team by miles an average of 17 minutes. There is a real case for us to try and adapt and be no nonsense for the first 30 minutes in games. Just to give us a platform to be able to win.

Impressive member

Even if we burn ourselves out in the second half and have to substitute players, or make tactical changes to manage the game out, it might help.