Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    13,428

    Default Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Everton's fall from grace looks possible unless they can sort things out.
    I think they have one of the longest continuous records of being in the top flight.
    I can't say I have ever forgiven them for Brian Labone's grievous bodily harm on Joe Baker.
    Will they manage to avoid the big drop, and if they do get relegated, will they go into free-fall like Sunderland?


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    DOGHOUSE
    Posts
    9,212

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Everton's fall from grace looks possible unless they can sort things out.
    I think they have one of the longest continuous records of being in the top flight.
    I can't say I have ever forgiven them for Brian Labone's grievous bodily harm on Joe Baker.
    Will they manage to avoid the big drop, and if they do get relegated, will they go into free-fall like Sunderland?
    They'll appoint Allardyce, he'll organise them & they'll climb the table.

    Another shot in the arm for "shit" football.


  4. #3
    Too School for Cool
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Clapham (via Radcliffe)
    Posts
    13,735

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Let's hope so


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,188

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Everton's fall from grace looks possible unless they can sort things out.
    I think they have one of the longest continuous records of being in the top flight.
    I can't say I have ever forgiven them for Brian Labone's grievous bodily harm on Joe Baker.
    Will they manage to avoid the big drop, and if they do get relegated, will they go into free-fall like Sunderland?
    If they want a future they need to get out of Liverpool, where they will always be the second club, and rebrand themselves with a new stadium in the Wirral as a non-Scouse club.


  6. #5

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Fat Sam will save the day


  7. #6
    Too School for Cool
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Clapham (via Radcliffe)
    Posts
    13,735

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Fat Sam will save the day
    Sam Al-lard-arse


  8. #7
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    65,228

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    If they want a future they need to get out of Liverpool, where they will always be the second club, and rebrand themselves with a new stadium in the Wirral as a non-Scouse club.
    Tranmere Rovers might have something to say about that.

    "It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,188

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Tranmere Rovers might have something to say about that.
    It didn't do Leyton Orient much good when they complained to the FA about turf encroachment.


  10. #9
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sat on the fence
    Posts
    16,257

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    I'd like to see them come down.
    They've been in the top flight for about 60 years but not done much with it. Send em down!


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Findern, South Derbyshire.
    Posts
    4,901

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I'd like to see them come down.
    They've been in the top flight for about 60 years but not done much with it. Send em down!
    I'll second that... send 'em down.


  12. #11

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    They are still owed a relegation for that improbable last day victory from two down against Wimbledon that kept them up in the nineties. Shots rolling in under Hans Segars.

    Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 28-11-17 at 19:44.

  13. #12
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    13,575

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Would like to see Arsenal come down with Everton.


  14. #13

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    They are still owed a relegation for that improbable last day victory from two down against Wimbledon that kept them up in the nineties. Shots rolling in under Hans Segars.
    Match fixing at hand there


  15. #14
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sat on the fence
    Posts
    16,257

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Would like to see Liverpool come down with Everton.
    Fixed that for you Ray.


  16. #15

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Sheff Utd fans must be really bitter about the way they've been relegated from the PL. What with that one and Tevez one. So that's a positive.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,369

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Sheff Utd fans must be really bitter about the way they've been relegated from the PL. What with that one and Tevez one. So that's a positive.
    If any club deserves a painful relegation it’s those tossers


  18. #17

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    The whole English league would be so much better if they just fucked that current Prem top 6 off to a European "super league", moved the whole lower leagues up accordingly, and swat a reasonable wage cap on the whole shebang.

    Let the glory hunters, plastic, & brand/name chasers fuck off, and the English game in actual stadiums come back to it's roots.

    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

  19. #18

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    The whole English league would be so much better if they just fucked that current Prem top 6 off to a European "super league", moved the whole lower leagues up accordingly, and swat a reasonable wage cap on the whole shebang.

    Let the glory hunters, plastic, & brand/name chasers fuck off, and the English game in actual stadiums come back to it's roots.
    Hate to say it pal but why would the top 6 currently leave the premier league? You get more for finishing bottom than winning the champions league.


  20. #19
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    13,575

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    I luv u Alf.


  21. #20

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Hate to say it pal but why would the top 6 currently leave the premier league? You get more for finishing bottom than winning the champions league.
    Sadly a very good point mate. Blindly hoping some Asian/Middle East etc. investor decides to chuck loads of money at it and lure 'em away. But you are bang right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    I luv u Alf.



  22. #21

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Sadly a very good point mate. Blindly hoping some Asian/Middle East etc. investor decides to chuck loads of money at it and lure 'em away. But you are bang right.



    I think only a consortium of yanks could get that kind of venture off the ground.


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23,827

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Sadly a very good point mate. Blindly hoping some Asian/Middle East etc. investor decides to chuck loads of money at it and lure 'em away. But you are bang right.
    Go get 'em Fazza.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,188

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I think only a consortium of yanks could get that kind of venture off the ground.
    A joint US/China venture could be likely, the Chinese want to be on the top table of world football also.


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,691

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Either Everton have turned a corner or West Ham are really crap this season.


  26. #25
    Too School for Cool
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Clapham (via Radcliffe)
    Posts
    13,735

    Default Re: Everton: The Next Sunderland?

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Either Everton have turned a corner or West Ham are really crap this season.
    I think it's more that West Ham are directionless and appointed the wrong guy to steer them out of it


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •