Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1720

Thread: Ryan Yates

Default Re: Ryan Yates

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    Did really well today.

Was impressed with his temperament as he could easily have got involved with Kovacic but remained the bigger man.
    He is about 6" taller :P

Besides which, though you would expect over his career Ryan will get plenty of yellow and red cards for tackles, not sure he's the sort to get involved in that kind of foolery with opponents. It's quite frankly frustrating as it's unnecessary, and only makes the ref's job harder if there's scrapping as well as the foul. And it wasn't even a bad tackle, Kovacic was just being a tool.

Didn't Ben Watson say that he was a nice kid who just plays hard? Probably about right.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    He is about 6" taller :P

Besides which, though you would expect over his career Ryan will get plenty of yellow and red cards for tackles, not sure he's the sort to get involved in that kind of foolery with opponents. It's quite frankly frustrating as it's unnecessary, and only makes the ref's job harder if there's scrapping as well as the foul. And it wasn't even a bad tackle, Kovacic was just being a tool.

Didn't Ben Watson say that he was a nice kid who just plays hard? Probably about right.
    Yea he seems a good lad who just enjoys getting involved

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Funny that Carvalho is the one who folk think would make it in the Prem, yet Yates stood out way more against top Prem opposition.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTT View Post
    I think people are too hard on Ryan, it reminds me of the stick Worrall got at first - he needs to learn through playing.

I think he has the ability, it's the bush craft he needs to nail down.

But I think he's very, very good and will be great with time and encouragement.
    But kids coming out of the academy have to be as good as the first team players straight away, don't they? Let's not have any of this 'learning on the job' nonsense.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Redad View Post
    But kids coming out of the academy have to be as good as the first team players straight away, don't they?
    Nope. They have to be better.

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Redad View Post
    But kids coming out of the academy have to be as good as the first team players straight away, don't they? Let's not have any of this 'learning on the job' nonsense.
    Dangerous game that Lamouchi quite rightly doesn't want't to risk playing. Yates needs to be making an all round contribution, he's had a fair amount of chances to get the ball moving forward & its been to our detriment he cant manage it.

He isnt good enough currently to get us up.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Dangerous game that Lamouchi quite rightly doesn't want't to risk playing. Yates needs to be making an all round contribution, he's had a fair amount of chances to get the ball moving forward & its been to our detriment he cant manage it.

He isnt good enough currently to get us up.
    Which would be a fair point if any of the rest of the midfielders were making an all round contribution. Sow is the only one that's even close.

It's all about mid-table...

I don't think he's good enough for a promotion team but as Congo alludes to, neither are the rest.

He's still a lot to learn and improve on.

Seen plenty of worse midfielders in our sides over the last two decades. He's good enough as a squad player for the team as it stands, with the potential to improve further still.

Yates is a future captain of whatever team he'll be playing for in the future. No doubt about it.

I think he's always going to divide opinion because he lacks technical ability so will frustrate.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Nothing seems to phase him, which to me is more of an indicator of his ceiling than something like technical ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I think he's always going to divide opinion because he lacks technical ability so will frustrate.
    No professional player lacks technical ability. He's just not as gifted with the ball as the likes of Carvalho.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Seen plenty of worse midfielders in our sides over the last two decades. He's good enough as a squad player for the team as it stands, with the potential to improve further still.

Yates is a future captain of whatever team he'll be playing for in the future. No doubt about it.
    Of course he's good enough as a squad player for the team as it stands, and, given his age, I agree that he will improve. I doubt that he will ever be a star though. Not that this is necessaily a problem: every team should have some squad players who are a product of the club and care for the club.

Moreover, when you make it to the Premier and to Europe, you will need at least 4 academy graduates in your 25-men roster. So players like Yates don't have to be the next Iniesta to be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    The easy answer here is to mould him as a destroyer that doesn't need to do much beyond pass the ball five yards.

It's the playing more advanced in front of Watson that's the problem in the side at the moment. Need a bit of guile, flair, creativity... quick mind for a pass. Role doesn't suit him.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Apart from Tiago (on his day), it's something all our midfielders struggle with. We're combative, hard to play against but don't really move the ball forward with any quality.

Put it this way, if every Forest player puts in the same type of commitment and energy as Yates, we'd be certain of a play-off place or better. The lad gives his all and gets 'stuck in.' However on the flip side, he has yet to display the maturity that's needed especially when making tackles or harassing opponents. He can be easily 'conned' by smart opponent into getting carded.
    And even if he isn't set up, he really needs to have a look at his style. There's really no need to go flying in in the middle of the park to win a ball back. At 1 point during the Chelsea game, he went to clearly push a player for a ball that was going out for a throw. A short while later, a tackle from behind. All these are unnecessary and will only lead to cards. A player can still be hard, committed and energetic without committing a tackle that will result in a yellow or worse, a red.
    He needs to study players like Pearce, Roy Keane and even Sow, to see how one can operate and tackle without being reckless and foolish.
    But I do rate him higher than a squad player. Sow can't play every game, Watson too, so there's plenty of opportunities for him in this Forest side.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Put it this way, if every Forest player puts in the same type of commitment and energy as Yates, we'd be certain of a play-off place or better.
    So, as long as you run around a lot and put in 101%, you do really well?

Unfortunately for us the majority seem to think this approach is correct. The same mob were happy having MON as our manager too.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    So, as long as you run around a lot and put in 101%, you do really well?
    No. But if we rely on highly skilled players who put in little to no effort, do we do really well?

The point is, every player, regardless of technical skill and physical prowess should put in committed and energetic performances.

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    No. But if we rely on highly skilled players who put in little to no effort, do we do really well?

The point is, every player, regardless of technical skill and physical prowess should put in committed and energetic performances.
    Was listening to Michael Owen talk exactly about this issue with West Ham.

It wasn't only Ryan's work off the ball v Chelsea too. Thought he was very efficient on it which was his part to play in the side and executed it to a high level. I was actually impressed.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Was listening to Michael Owen talk exactly about this issue with West Ham.

You managed to stay awake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC