Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Yates

Default Re: Ryan Yates

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Where would any of that lot get in the current team though lard? Other than the ones who are there. Worrall as back up maybe but in theory better getting games than not. Brereton sale looks good business at the moment. The academy on just brereton and Burke has earned us £20m. And a handful of decent squad players we’d have to pay a bit for. I have confidence the current regime will use any money from the academy products wisely rather than selling to keep the lights on.
    Fair points, I think the higher we are the less Academy players will feature going forward.
    It does seem the way teams buy talent rather than watch it grow in the first team.
    You only have to look at the amount of players Chelsea and the likes loan out all the time maybe just to get the odd player every couple of years.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I don't understand the clamour for the academy lads to be blooded through as things stand. We are 5th in an unbelievably tight top half of the table.

The team has some stability with quality and familiarity. Do we really want to destabilise our best shot at promotion in years just for the sake of saying we have an academy player on the pitch?

They are still assets to the club even if they are sold and should we get promotion we will attract even better quality.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    I don't understand the clamour for the academy lads to be blooded through as things stand. We are 5th in an unbelievably tight top half of the table.

The team has some stability with quality and familiarity. Do we really want to destabilise our best shot at promotion in years just for the sake of saying we have an academy player on the pitch?

They are still assets to the club even if they are sold and should we get promotion we will attract even better quality.

Yes some genuinely would, its madness.

Last player to do anything is JL.... player before that Wes... Two players out of say 100 at least... maybe the whole of footballs wrong?

can’t think of one the young players on loan or sold that would break into the first team squad now, Worrall maybe but because we are 3 CH down

Dunno about them being 'blooded' more just that it would've made much more sense had Worrall + Yates been 4th place in their positions. They'd have developed through gametime, Forest would've saved money on the massive excess of players they've signed and we'd be better set up in the long term. It's not binary, I don't see why it has to be one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSG View Post
    Dunno about them being 'blooded' more just that it would've made much more sense had Worrall + Yates been 4th place in their positions. They'd have developed through gametime, Forest would've saved money on the massive excess of players they've signed and we'd be better set up in the long term. It's not binary, I don't see why it has to be one or the other.
    I don’t disagree in terms of Yates but we got half a mill for Worrall’s loan, so it wouldn’t really have saved us money.

Academy, brought elsewhere, it doesn’t matter. If they are good enough they will play.

The 3 Portugese lads are proof of it, all the same age as Cash & Worrall. One is playing every game and is one of our better players, one drifts in and out the team and has shown the odd flash and the other one can’t get on the bench.

It’s no bias, it’s simply a case of if they are good enough they play.

Quote Originally Posted by lard View Post
    Fair points, I think the higher we are the less Academy players will feature going forward.
    It does seem the way teams buy talent rather than watch it grow in the first team.
    You only have to look at the amount of players Chelsea and the likes loan out all the time maybe just to get the odd player every couple of years.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

The fact is for the past couple of years we have used the academy to cover for our failures, the better we become the less we rely upon it.

oopsy daisy!

You don't need to spend years developing a youngster through the Academy set up if you can go out and buy a better player now.

That's the way it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Less academy players & we're higher in the league.

Coincidence?
    No coincidence.

But we've had good players come through in recent years though, more than our fair share I'd argue. How often do academy lads break through and make hundreds of appearances for their first team like Osborn has? even Cash and Worrall are on over 50. That's three academy players in 4 years since Osborn made his debut in 2014... That's not supposed to be a rhetorical question either, I genuinely do wonder what the average is for clubs at our level having players come out of the academy and making over 50 apps for the first team.

I think it could be the club pre-empting the new FIFA ruling that will come into affect in 18 months where teams cannot horde huge numbers of players, for instance like Chelsea do, with 39 players out on loan.

There are going to be genuine bargains about for far higher quality players in the not too distant future who could continue to be academy players at the top teams but could be knocking on the door of the 1st team at Forest.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...pep-guardiola/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    The fact is for the past couple of years we have used the academy to cover for our failures, the better we become the less we rely upon it.
    What's the point in it then?

Is it to make the club money or is it to develop local lads for the first team? It generated £13m for Burke and £6m for Brereton but there are lots of years it has to sustain itself for something like £3m a year. Maybe it's not worth it then and we demolish it?

Perhaps I'm too much of an idealist but the debut of a young kid from Clifton or Arnold or wherever in the first team is quite special, and it winds me up to think that path is pretty much permanently blocked.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    No coincidence.

But we've had good players come through in recent years though, more than our fair share I'd argue. How often do academy lads break through and make hundreds of appearances for their first team like Osborn has? even Cash and Worrall are on over 50. That's three academy players in 4 years since Osborn made his debut in 2014... That's not supposed to be a rhetorical question either, I genuinely do wonder what the average is for clubs at our level having players come out of the academy and making over 50 apps for the first team.
    Is it a coincidence that these players played at a time when we were crap?

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish Red View Post
    What's the point in it then?

Is it to make the club money or is it to develop local lads for the first team? It generated £13m for Burke and £6m for Brereton but there are lots of years it has to sustain itself for something like £3m a year. Maybe it's not worth it then and we demolish it?

Perhaps I'm too much of an idealist but the debut of a young kid from Clifton or Arnold or wherever in the first team is quite special, and it winds me up to think that path is pretty much permanently blocked.
    Its not been blocked

Impressive member

Sounds like we're fuelling the coffers in order to prepare a bid for Jack Marriott in Jan.

Who's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Who's that?
    He's the striker in the Championship by which every other striker is compared.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    He's the striker in the Championship by which every other striker is compared.
    Just strikers?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Just strikers?
    & right wingers.

Impressive member

Jack Marriott would be a better option than Panty, too.

Wish folk would have defended Billy like this when he was getting slated for "only" playing Lascelles & Darlow

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Wish folk would have defended Billy like this when he was getting slated for "only" playing Lascelles & Darlow
    You have a fair point Alf.

Where's me hammer?

Ironically the only two out the last 10 years that have done "anything" if anything is classed as playing regularly in the prem or being a sub goalie

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Ironically the only two out the last 10 years that have done "anything" if anything is classed as playing regularly in the prem or being a sub goalie
    Billy had an eye for young talent & knew how to develop it.

Where's me hammer?

Billy had an eye for young talent & knew how to develop it.

You cant argue with facts like that