Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Yates

Best served cold

Default Re: Ryan Yates

BBC Radio Nottingham reporting that he is set to join Scunthorpe on loan after all.

Last edited by incapable hulk; 10-01-18 at 16:46.
    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ooh dem der Sadpie fans won't be happy

Not entirely sure if this is the right move. Scunthorpe have also just loaned Cam McGeehan and by all accounts one of their most important players is central midfielder, Funso Ojo. I'm not sure it's worth the risk of him missing out on guaranteed football in a good side at County. Also, them being promoted wouldn't be awful for us as it'd mean we could get League One football for our players next year.

http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk...thorpe-1035146

this article suggests they're struggling to figure out who to play as it is.

You want him to play the highest level possible, he is too good for League Two - joining a club near the top of League One is a good move, if it's going to crack it at Forest he will need to be challenged.

Alan Hardy

Notts County owner and chairman Alan Hardy has revealed the Magpies launched a bid to sign Ryan Yates on a permanent deal but were turned down.
    Speaking exclusively on Team Talk, Mr Hardy said the 20-year-old midfielder would not be sold to the Magpies by Nottingham Forest as they wanted to keep him and his heart lies in playing for the Reds.

This comes amid reports Ryan Yates will now join League One side Scunthorpe United on loan until the end of the season and will sign a new three-year deal at Nottingham Forest.

Mr Hardy said: “I made a bid which got turned down – they want to keep him and in fairness to Ryan Yates, he’s been at Forest since he was nine.

“His ambition is, I want to play alongside Joe Worrall against Arsenal in the FA Cup – that’s where Ryan Yates’ head is and we will try and help him on his journey.

“He’s on a journey to play for Forest because that’s where his heart really is.”

Mr Hardy also said Notts would be interested in preparing a bid for 23-year-old midfielder Jorge Grant who has scored 16 goals in 32 appearances for the Magpies this season.

He claimed he would need investment to take the club to the Championship.

Mr Hardy said: “Unless we get substantial investment, when you think how much Nigel Doughty and Fawaz Al-Hasawi put into Nottingham Forest, I haven’t got access to that sort of money.

“You look at the accounts for clubs like Burton Albion this year, they made a profit of £1.4 million.

“We’re starting to engage with the fans again and they’re starting to come back – that’s so important.

“But it’s not just hospitality and people coming through the turnstiles, you need to look at the whole thing across the business model so we restructured out shirt sponsorship for example so we had a different sponsor for every month.

“We have a problem with the FA at the moment because William Hill was our sponsor in the last round and technically we can’t have a new shirt sponsor.

“But it’s worth £40,000 to £50,000 for us and the FA are currently saying we’re not sure you can have a different sponsor but we can’t walk away from that.”

Someone from Forest obviously spoke to Ryan and they both agreed that he needed this challenge to get into the Forest team and possibly sooner. Lets not forget he did perfectly fine at Shrewsbury last year as a 19 year-old in League One.

There are the risks though. Loans are risky so generally when you find a good one you do have to respect it.

I hope they continue to develop players for us.

Nice to see we have people at the club actively trying to help him along. Would be great to see him in a Forest shirt next year..

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Alan Hardy
    I did wonder if that shirt sponsorship malarky would come back to haunt them

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    You want him to play the highest level possible, he is too good for League Two - joining a club near the top of League One is a good move, if it's going to crack it at Forest he will need to be challenged.
    I'd rather he came back to Forest in that case then. Let him have a chance to get some gametime with us before next year. Either way, 4 months + 20 potential games/missed games won't be make or break for him. Would just rather he stayed at County, came to us or went to a loan side who would be more desperate for his actual presence and need to embrace him.

Just a shame he'll miss out on the County cup run and a title battle that he'll really feel a part of.

I like Scunthorpe. I got a bit lost trying to find Glanford Park and stopped in a supermarket car park to ask someone the way and the chap said "You've stopped in the right place. This used to be the Old Showground, their last ground!"

When I eventually found the ground, I circled round looking for a way in, saw a young lady approaching and asked her for help. She not only got permission for me to go in, but gave me a conducted tour of the ground. Good feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I like Scunthorpe. I got a bit lost trying to find Glanford Park and stopped in a supermarket car park to ask someone the way and the chap said "You've stopped in the right place. This used to be the Old Showground, their last ground!"

When I eventually found the ground, I circled round looking for a way in, saw a young lady approaching and asked her for help. She not only got permission for me to go in, but gave me a conducted tour of the ground. Good feelings.
    Good God Val, you can't even rock up to an away ground without it being absolute box office.......you probably fight Ninja's on your way to the bogs.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O.Tricky. View Post
    Good God Val, you can't even rock up to an away ground without it being absolute box office.......you probably fight Ninja's on your way to the bogs.
    No, ninjas are not for me, I'd take Bryn along to sort them out!

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

This Saddie on SadpieMad seems pretty sanguine about the decision......

"Red scum.Always have been,always will be.You send a player out on loan for a season,call him back to send out again to another club....."

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    I did wonder if that shirt sponsorship malarky would come back to haunt them
    That Jake Bugg stuff ?

Clearly starting to feel the pinch. But tbf to him he really has changed the club around in 12 months and he is showing honesty above.

They definitely need promotion but I would still doubt serious financial backing in L1 so they still have a long road to go down.

This is their improvement in 12 months with Nolan.

This is a touch awkward. I don't know if this was too good from us but I suppose they can use change in manager as a reason.

From the general reaction I don't see them using us in the immediate future.

i hope its the beginning of the end of their promotion hopes

Notts County with that scouse twat as manager & that massive head twat as owner, I just want to see them fail.

Yates is a Forest player , We have to do what is right for our club , We own him and I doubt we would recall him unless it was for our benefit.
    Not got a problem with him going to Scunny and gets him ready quicker for our first team which should always be the priority.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

After an initial twinge worrying that the karma gods may recall Dowell to Everton I laughed my arse off.

It really is hitting them hard on twitter

They all love him. I must admit I would have liked to see him in the FA Cup for them. Next game had a good chance of being on TV for the upset.

Jeremy Putman
    ‏@Jezza_NCFC
    Don't agree with #NottinghamForest s decision as @RyanYates97 was making excellent progress at #NottsCounty but all the best Ryan, I wouldn't be surprised if you were captain of @NFFC in a few years #Consistent & #Reliable ⚽️��

Kevin Nolan is a tit.

I remember when we beat Newcastle at home 1-0 with a Dex goal. After the match he said we celebrated like we'd won the European Cup.

Like he'd fucking know.

Tit

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eugeneboppboppbopp View Post
    Kevin Nolan is a tit.

I remember when we beat Newcastle at home 1-0 with a Dex goal. After the match he said we celebrated like we'd won the European Cup.

Like he'd fucking know.

Tit

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I remember that well.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

There complaining about us but I'm sure Ryan would have had the final say.

I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

Fuck County, Nottingham Forest make decisions what are best for Nottingham Forest not the arse holes across the road. Anyone would think we have to help them out by law with how they've reacted.

Cue for County to sink like a stone.

Very amusing.