Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Yates

Tudders number 1 fan

Default Re: Ryan Yates

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Scunthorpe have bid 100k for him. They currently 4th in L1.

Do they think this is a charity ?
    That isn't even worth a response from the club, Given the fact he could go on to be a regular for us and maybe beyond how would you justify a bid so low.
    They can have him on loan for 6 months for that price.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

sent from my hide, using a pigeon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by lard View Post
    That isn't even worth a response from the club, Given the fact he could go on to be a regular for us and maybe beyond how would you justify a bid so low.
    They can have him on loan for 6 months for that price.

I feel like maybe thats what the bid was? 100k loan fee?

Surely they can't be thick enough to expect us to sell one of our brightest youth prospects for that.

Tudders number 1 fan

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    I feel like maybe thats what the bid was? 100k loan fee?

Surely they can't be thick enough to expect us to sell one of our brightest youth prospects for that.
    You would like to think so , But I doubt Scunny would pay £100k for a six month loan.

Left Winger

“Ryan Yates is not for sale at any price”.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Tudders number 1 fan

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Thank you Mr Randall..

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

If that’s quoting Nicholas Randall QC - expect Yates to be sold tomorrow for a pittance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Simply a typo with a zero missing

Too School For Cool

“Ryan Yates is not for sale at Our Price”.
    No, because it closed down yonks ago

Impressive member

They couldn't land Eddie Yates for 100k.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    No, because it closed down yonks ago
    As opposed to Yates, which is still open and doing well, unfortunately.

They see me trollin'

Maybe it was 100k for Yates in town?

Doing the rounds on Twitter this morning that he's set to be recalled, given a new deal and then loaned out to League One, Scunny by the sounds of it.

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Doing the rounds on Twitter this morning that he's set to be recalled, given a new deal and then loaned out to League One, Scunny by the sounds of it.
    Good news that. Signs we operating very professionally and planning ahead.

Hardy and the Sadpies will be hating it.

Good news that. Signs we operating very professionally and planning ahead.

Hardy and the Sadpies will be hating it.
    Interesting - why wouldn't we do the same with Grant?

He's already got a full seasons worth of goals and assists at County, surely for his development he needs to replicate the same thing again in L1? Or someone like Burton?

Even Norwich, if they want him let them have him on loan for the rest of the season. Then we can have him back a better player and straight into the team next season or sell him for ££££££££££

Best served cold

Very smart move by the club. Continue his development with a view to having him back next season.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

If that particular Twitter source can be trusted, then great.

I'd expect the new manager to re-integrate Grant into the 1st-team squad for the 2nd-half of the season.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 08-01-18 at 10:57.

Interesting - why wouldn't we do the same with Grant?

He's already got a full seasons worth of goals and assists at County, surely for his development he needs to replicate the same thing again in L1? Or someone like Burton?

Even Norwich, if they want him let them have him on loan for the rest of the season. Then we can have him back a better player and straight into the team next season or sell him for ££££££££££
    They may still do that same with Grant.

I'm still not sure really where they fit him in , in the bigger picture. Is it just a case of him continuing to play and score to bring him back in summer one last time to judge him or will he be sold to a Wigan or Norwich or someone else in this window.

Being 23 I think tough choices are closer to having to be made for him.

I'm still not sure really where they fit him in , in the bigger picture. Is it just a case of him continuing to play and score to bring him back in summer one last time to judge him or will he be sold to a Wigan or Norwich or someone else in this window.

When Dowell goes back to Everton there will be a gap in our squad for a player who can interchange across a front 3 behind a lone striker, should our new manager continue in that system. Grant does fit that role nicely, and it'd be nice for Clough to come good too and them both to fight for that shirt.

Best served cold

The hope I have with Grant, is that players like Vardy and Lambert took longer to flourish in their careers. I think Vardy was still in Non League until he was 24 and now he's an England regular and has a Premeir League title to his name. Hopefully now Grant has gotten himself into a good run of form it's only up for him from here and when he comes back he will be able to take that and make an impact

When Dowell goes back to Everton there will be a gap in our squad for a player who can interchange across a front 3 behind a lone striker, should our new manager continue in that system. Grant does fit that role nicely, and it'd be nice for Clough to come good too and them both to fight for that shirt.
    I think he has found his position wide-left if he is working on his off the ball play which was a concern for me. And this is the gap in our squad he will have to target. His strength is his technical ability on the ball to shoot and cross & set-piece delivery.

Centrally I'm not sure if he has the movement, vision or drive to get around and beat players for dead like a Dowell who eventhough can go missing in games does those things better than Grant who is a player known to go missing for long periods.

I haven't seen a lot of him this season but this seems to be the Notts views. Be fantastic if he came back to make it here.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 08-01-18 at 11:09.

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    The hope I have with Grant, is that players like Vardy and Lambert took longer to flourish in their careers. I think Vardy was still in Non League until he was 24 and now he's an England regular and has a Premeir League title to his name. Hopefully now Grant has gotten himself into a good run of form it's only up for him from here and when he comes back he will be able to take that and make an impact
    There is something really wrong is Grant comes back to Forest and doesn't at least look like doing well.

Scoring and assisting so many in L2 is insane. Look how much Brentford paid for Ollie Watkins - who's now scored 8 goals in all competitions for Brentford.

Very exciting times for our academy products imo. We could see the below team, with 9 academy grads - and only 2 of them haven't already started for the first team!

Smith

Lichaj Worrall Ahmedhodzic Traore

Osborn Yates

Cash Grant Walker

Brereton

Footy Manager Researcher

There is something really wrong is Grant comes back to Forest and doesn't at least look like doing well.

Scoring and assisting so many in L2 is insane. Look how much Brentford paid for Ollie Watkins - who's now scored 8 goals in all competitions for Brentford.

Very exciting times for our academy products imo. We could see the below team, with 9 academy grads - and only 2 of them haven't already started for the first team!

Smith

Lichaj Worrall Ahmedhodzic Traore

Osborn Yates

Cash Grant Walker

Brereton
    When you also consider that the likes of Iacovitti, Edser and Appiah are floating around the first team squad as well, its great

Id recall Yates & Grant, then offer them cut price to the Saddies promotion rivals.

Fuck em.

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    I agree mate. In the past we've been to eager to release players. We did the smart thing giving him is new LT contract. All the hard work has been put into him. Look at Freeman who is now at Sheff Utd and ahead of us now.

We can hold on to these players longer and let them thrive on loan if they not in our first team set-up.

Common sense says League 1 needs to happen sooner rather than later for him. So we might as well pull him out of Notts as well then.

But I want to keep using Notts though So hopefully they not to angry and we can give them Anel, Edser, Gomis etc

I agree mate. In the past we've been to eager to release players. We did the smart thing giving him is new LT contract. All the hard work has been put into him. Look at Freeman who is now at Sheff Utd and ahead of us now.

We can hold on to these players longer and let them thrive on loan if they not in our first team set-up.

Common sense says League 1 needs to happen sooner rather than later for him. So we might as well pull him out of Notts as well then.

But I want to keep using Notts though So hopefully they not to angry and we can give them Anel, Edser, Gomis etc
    You'd assume we'd swap Yates out with Edser (if Notts will take him) and maybe put Lewis Walters or another one of our wide players if we lift Grant out to another team?