Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ooo la la. Retro COPA

Default Re: Ooo la la. Retro COPA

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    Apart from the lack of Umbro logo (which I'm assuming they can't include because of rights issues) they haven't done a bad job. Colour looks a bit off but that's probably just the lighting.

I'm getting closer to buying this. I need walk away from the thread.

I remember the pattern on the shirt. Hard to tell with that image, but they've at least got some of it right with the diagonal shade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rose-Coloured Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo Francescoli (on loan) View Post
    I'm getting closer to buying this. I need walk away from the thread.

I remember the pattern on the shirt. Hard to tell with that image, but they've at least got some of it right with the diagonal shade.
    Yeh there was the diagonal shading on that kit - you can just about make it out on their pic. More obvious on the below:

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Can save myself a couple of quid since I've still got (and still wear from time to time) the original

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Jeez so much pontificating and hate. You don't have to buy one you know. Stop being so sanctimonious, people today seeking to be offended. If you like it and are happy to pay then why the fuck not, you're not getting ripped off if you want it. I suspect that much like myself, you simply can't fit in COPA's not terribly generous xxl. Otherwise I'd be all over it.

Best served cold

I really like that league cup 89 shirt. Might add it to my Christmas list. Got an original Adidas 1982 shirt (small) if anyone collects the proper vintage shirts

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackJemo View Post
    Jeez so much pontificating and hate. You don't have to buy one you know. Stop being so sanctimonious, people today seeking to be offended. If you like it and are happy to pay then why the fuck not, you're not getting ripped off if you want it. I suspect that much like myself, you simply can't fit in COPA's not terribly generous xxl. Otherwise I'd be all over it.
    Thanks for your kind words.

I think you should take a risk and buy one, as ive described above im confident it would suit you.

I'll buy it. It has 'League Cup Final 1989' embroidered on it. It commemorates my all-time favourite football match. Not even the twenty-nine year old replica being steamed over Flagman's spuds gives you that.

Also, this remake has no press studs on the collar. I'd forgotten about those. How did they every become fashion on a football shirt?

So no press studs, LC89 embroidery and it doesn't have thirty years of park kickabouts/drinking down the pub on the clock. This Copa version is fighting back.

AND... that may just be the size of the shirt, but seems like it's be modernised to a slimmer fit to look better in 2017. I have a 1991 original and I wear it as a tent sometimes to sleep in. You'd be mad not to buy this today. This is the best thing to happen to Forest since Brian Clough and Billy Davies combined.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Reminds me of a daft **** I worked with who bought a load of knock off Ralph Lauren shirts to sell, he knew fuck all about designer labels so didn't realise that the horse should have a rider.
    Lauren Ralph Trebor Mint?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Also, this remake has no press studs on the collar. I'd forgotten about those. How did they every become fashion on a football shirt?

So no press studs, LC89 embroidery and it doesn't have thirty years of park kickabouts/drinking down the pub on the clock. This Copa version is fighting back.

AND... that may just be the size of the shirt, but seems like it's be modernised to a slimmer fit to look better in 2017. I have a 1991 original and I wear it as a tent sometimes to sleep in. You'd be mad not to buy this today. This is the best thing to happen to Forest since Brian Clough and Billy Davies combined.
    I didnt mention the press studs as i wasn't sure from the picture.

It also didnt have that black thing on the front.... that says COPA or Bukta or whoever made it.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post

Kalvin Cline

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post

The following week he had LaCoste so we figured that the crocodile must have eaten Ralph.

Has anyone bought this shirt? I'm very tempted but not sure what the material quality is like -cheap feel?

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Reminds me of a daft **** I worked with who bought a load of knock off Ralph Lauren shirts to sell, he knew fuck all about designer labels so didn't realise that the horse should have a rider.
    Easy "Trigg", easy my son

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It also didnt have that black thing on the front.... that says COPA or Bukta or whoever made it.
    No, but I can forgive that.

If we're really serious about looking like the real deal 1989 heros, we'll tuck the shirt in anyway. That bit won't be visible from inside the underpants.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

No, but I can forgive that.

If we're really serious about looking like the real deal 1989 heros, we'll tuck the shirt in anyway. That bit won't be visible from inside the underpants.
    True.

The whole kit was nice.

Didnt we have it for two years as well?

When was the first year of us changing both shirts every year?

About ten years ago when we got back into the Championship. The div 3 promotion shirt was probably the last one that got two years.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Yeah, the capital one one was the last that lasted the two year alternating home away phase. It was still cap one but different the year we came up then it was the awful kinda striped fade, white under arm thing

Left Winger

We - and everyone else - always used to get two years out of a kit, alternating between changing the “home” and “away” each season.

But now - urged on by the manufacturers no doubt - everyone brings out two or three new ones every season.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

...and none of the kits stay in the memory. None of the last fifteen years for any team will become known as classics unless the team won major honours in them. Away kits especially. We must be pushing 350 in the last decade.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    We - and everyone else - always used to get two years out of a kit, alternating between changing the “home” and “away” each season.

But now - urged on by the manufacturers no doubt - everyone brings out two or three new ones every season.
    Scousepool used to do theirs the same year.... so home and away very two years still but in the same year.

Source: too many glory supporters at school seen wearing the kit.

Wandering around the CG

Jokes aside, are we really comparing this to moody designer clobber that drops to bits after one wash?

Fuck me, don't buy one, the official shirt Nazis will call you out at games.

The '76-77 shirt is the best one on there by a mile.

That is a nice shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Jokes aside, are we really comparing this to moody designer clobber that drops to bits after one wash?

Fuck me, don't buy one, the official shirt Nazis will call you out at games.
    Who said anything about wearing a football shirt at games? I'm going to be wearing mine on my fixed gear bicycle with the massive bread basket that I've been using to carry my typewriter around Peckham Rye.