Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 176 to 188 of 188
  1. #176
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    7,214

    Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

    Gamble is right. It isn't actually a "transfer" window, it's a registration window.

    You can arrange a transfer at any time, it's just they can't be registered.

    It's why the Leicester signing from Sporting Lisbon Adrien Silva is in such limbo. He was unregistered from Sporting, so can't play for them and wasn't registered in time for Leicester, so can't play for them either.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #177
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,362

    Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    The Post are saying that Warburton and McParland are looking to sign 3 players in the early stages of the January window.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    if they are serious about a promotion push, it does need to be sooner rather than later. cant say no to well thought out signing but any panic buy should be firmly off the agenda


  4. #178
    Too School for Cool
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pencey Prep
    Posts
    8,371

    Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

    I'm sure they'll have identified their targets already, so why wait around?


  5. #179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    3,366

    Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    if they are serious about a promotion push, it does need to be sooner rather than later. cant say no to well thought out signing but any panic buy should be firmly off the agenda
    We're serious about promotion - are you?


  6. #180
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,874

    Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    I'm sure they'll have identified their targets already, so why wait around?
    Numerous reasons, clubs holding off hoping for a bidding war, players holding off for the same reason, clubs not wanting to sell until a replacement is found, us holding off bidding as to try to lower the fee.

    There could be a multitude of reasons why it could take a while.


  7. #181
    Too School for Cool
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pencey Prep
    Posts
    8,371

    Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Numerous reasons, clubs holding off hoping for a bidding war, players holding off for the same reason, clubs not wanting to sell until a replacement is found, us holding off bidding as to try to lower the fee.

    There could be a multitude of reasons why it could take a while.
    Oh totally, it'll probably take a while, my point was that as we don't look like implementing our usual New Year Nottingham Forest Meltdown™ we might actually be in a position to crack on come January 1st


  8. #182
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,874

    Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    Oh totally, it'll probably take a while, my point was that as we don't look like implementing our usual New Year Nottingham Forest Meltdown we might actually be in a position to crack on come January 1st
    In that case yeah, we need to act as fast as we can and get the new players in right away.


  9. #183
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Here, there & anywhere that will have me..
    Posts
    4,377

    Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    I'm sure they'll have identified their targets already, so why wait around?
    The board are waiting to see if the post- Boxing Day New Manager Bounce will get us out of the relegation zone first


    Sent from my Cerebral Cortex using Telepathy

    The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

    it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

  10. #184
    Too School for Cool
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pencey Prep
    Posts
    8,371

    Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    The board are waiting to see if the post- Boxing Day New Manager Bounce will get us out of the relegation zone first


    Sent from my Cerebral Cortex using Telepathy
    Aye. Those bounces we had under Gary Brazil were incredible weren't they!


  11. #185
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,362

    Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    We're serious about promotion - are you?
    Far from It I want all transfer business concluded in the summer, as buying in Jan increases expectations and gives him less time to rebuild. Warbs does keeps mentioning it,


  12. #186
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,841

    Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

    Buying in January gives them longer to learn the style we play though meaning we're better prepared for next season


  13. #187
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    6,483

    Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

    Whatever we do in Jan has to have the central aim of reducing that 'goals against' ratio that is our main problem.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


  14. #188
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wits' End
    Posts
    6,307

    Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

    Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    Buying in January gives them longer to learn the style we play though meaning we're better prepared for next season
    Id sooner we push the boat out a bit & buy ready made.

    Its pretty obvious where we've lacked over the years. Id say we're looking for:

    CBs who can play football
    Midfielders with pace, size who can pass the ball, find space & compete for & drive forward with second balls.
    Full backs with pace who can produce at either end.
    Wingers with pace who can beat a man & cross a football.
    DMs who can tackle, then play & move forward under pressure.
    A keeper who can distribute with speed & efficiency.

    I aint saying we haven't already got this, but this seems to be the criteria under MW.

    Given we've struggled a little moulding unfamiliar players, Id sooner get the finished article.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •