Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879
Results 1,951 to 1,967 of 1967
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Default Re: January 2018 Transfer Deadline Day MELTDOWN! (sponsored by Jim White!)

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Nothing, because he last played in Cyprus, not Greece. I know very little about Cypriot football.
    You probably know more about Cypriot football than Emmo knows about the English variant.....

I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: January 2018 Transfer Deadline Day MELTDOWN! (sponsored by Jim White!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    You probably know more about Cypriot football than Emmo knows about the English variant.....
    You bar-steward

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Cyprus needed more defenders when Turkey steamed in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Cyprus needed more defenders when Turkey steamed in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's a game an island of two halfs

A bit of googling about Garrido shows two interesting facts:

- He is without a team since the summer, like your new Iranian guy, when he was quite surprisingly axed by AEK Larnaka although he was a regular the year before.

- Garrido, who never managed to have the career that his youth promised (he was a world cup winner in 2004), was proposed to Olympiacos in 2011, by his agent, who also happens to be the agent of Ernesto Valverde (our then manager).

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    The LB we are linked with is ex City and Norwich player Javier Garrido. He last played in Greece so it would be nice to hear what our Greek friends make of that?
    I remember he was pretty good at Man City.

Played for Norwich not so long ago and their forums seem to tell me that they liked him.

‘Aware of what is going on around him’.

‘More of a thinking player than Marcus Olsson’

That’s good enough for me. A thinking left-back as opposed to a non thinking one we’ve been accustomed to.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    I remember he was pretty good at Man City.

Played for Norwich not so long ago and their forums seem to tell me that they liked him.

‘Aware of what is going on around him’.

‘More of a thinking player than Marcus Olsson’

That’s good enough for me. A thinking left-back as opposed to a non thinking one we’ve been accustomed to.
    Be nice if he can actually stand where a left back is supposed to stand and block a cross, anything else is a bonus.

Impressive member

My bad I thought it was AEK Athens didn't realise it was AEK Larnaca!
    That reminds me of the old story about the TV presenter who thought that when Borussia Dortmund and Borrusia Monchengladbach played each other it was a Borussian derby.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Strengthening our squad will allow us to develop the younger players as they should be developed, it will allow us to rest players at risk of burn-out and it will give us options to cover suspensions and injuries.

While we rate Brereton, there are some factors we overlook; he is still 18.
    Biologically, he will not finish growing until he is 21; he will not be at his physical peak until in his late 20s. He needs rotating a bit to allow his development to be more effective IMHO.

Cash is putting in a real shift but again he is only 20 and needs time to develop.

Ozzie does so much running that he must (at some stage) burn out.

For some time now, we haven't had the luxury of a squad with enough quality to replace/rest these players when necessary.

Now, I think we have. Brilliant.

Just need a predatory goal-scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    I'm going to the game on Saturday and will be very happy to offer my services.

Oh, you said goal-scorer?

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    That reminds me of the old story about the TV presenter who thought that when Borussia Dortmund and Borrusia Monchengladbach played each other it was a Borussian derby.

I could of made the joke well your all the same arent you but sadly context in jokes dont matter any more after the Phil Neville saga

Impressive member

I could of made the joke well your all the same arent you but sadly context in jokes dont matter any more after the Phil Neville saga
    Yeah, gotta be careful nowadays, mate.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post

There’s a joke here about the most unpopular man in Germany; he’s the Mönchengladbacher who stands up during a match and shouts “give us a ‘B’...”

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Too School for Cool

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    There’s a joke here about the most unpopular man in Germany; he’s the Mönchengladbacher who stands up during a match and shouts “give us a ‘B’...”
    Back in Radcliffe there was this German shepherd next door who used come and do his business on our front lawn.

And sometimes he brought his dog with him.

Strengthening our squad will allow us to develop the younger players as they should be developed, it will allow us to rest players at risk of burn-out and it will give us options to cover suspensions and injuries.

Biologically, he will not finish growing until he is 21; he will not be at his physical peak until in his late 20s. He needs rotating a bit to allow his development to be more effective IMHO.

Cash is putting in a real shift but again he is only 20 and needs time to develop.

For some time now, we haven't had the luxury of a squad with enough quality to replace/rest these players when necessary.

So true, whilst I know it's never popular to point these things out, and whilst time is on his side, I'm not convinced Bereton will ever bring circa 20 goals in a season

Ched Evans? Marlon King?