Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Stefanos Kapino (GK), Hjrvoje Milic (LB), Sasa Zdjelar (CM) and Mehdi Carcela (Winger) all leaving Olympiacos in January.

Wonder if any of those will be use to us?
    6ft-tall, 28-year-old ex-Fiorentina and Croatian full international. Interesting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Stefanos Kapino (GK), Hrvoje Milic (LB), Sasa Zdjelar (CM) and Mehdi Carcela (Winger) all leaving Olympiacos in January.

Wonder if any of those will be use to us?
    Briefly, because there's a CL game in a few minutes:

Kapino: hot prospect when he was very young, went to Europe, probably did not work hard enough, returned to Greece heavier, worse, and with a bad attitude. Steer away.

Milic: Fiorentina, pricey buy, and yet two consecutive managers preferred to play a practice cone rather than him. I have no opinion.

Carcela: The greatest disappointment of this transfer window; he cost a lot and offered pretty much nothing; no way would he fit Warburton's flowing style: very selfish and with no essence in his game.

Zdjelar: My personal favourite, as I have mentioned more than once. A no bullshit defensive midfielder who does nothing extrarodinarily, but knows the basics of how modern midfielders should play very well. He's the kind of player that makes a team safer without anyone noticing him. A world youth champion with Serbia. He never got a real chance with us, did not agree to an extension of his contract which ends this summer, had a fight with the coach and was left outside the team summarily.

Last edited by GreeksBearingGifts; 05-12-17 at 19:41.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    6ft-tall, 28-year-old ex-Fiorentina and Croatian full international. Interesting.
    Too tall for Nottingham Forest

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post

Kapino: hot prospect when he was very young, went to Europe, probably did not work hard enough, returned to Greece heavier, worse, and with a bad attitude. Steer away.

Milic: Fiorentina, pricey buy, and yet two consecutive managers preferred to play a practice cone rather than him. I have no opinion.

Carcela: The greatest disappointment of this transfer window; he cost a lot and offered pretty much nothing; no way would he fit Warburton's flowing style: very selfish and with no essence in his game.

Zdjelar: My personal favourite, as I have mentioned more than once. A no bullshit defensive midfielder who does nothing extrarodinarily, but knows the basics of how modern midfielders should play very well. He's the kind of player that makes a team safer without anyone noticing him. A world youth champion with Serbia. He never got a real chance with us, did not agree to an extension of his contract which ends this summer, had a fight with the coach and was left outside the team summarily.
    These lads might be Champions League and international players but can they do it on a windy February night in Preston?

Similar mould of player to Bojan Jokic who I loved here, but considering his contract has been terminated by Olympiacos I don't see him coming here.

Similar mould of player to Bojan Jokic who I loved here, but considering his contract has been terminated by Olympiacos I don't see him coming here.
    His contract was not terminated, he was just told to find another team to play.

We were linked to that Kapino when he was younger.

Thanks for the insight.

Charalambos Lykogiannis, 24, is a Greek international left back and a product of our academy. As a youth, he was one of the most promising talents I have seen: tall (1.86) but pacey, excellent dribbler, very effective going forward, strong left shot.

He had two unsuccessful loan spells in lesser Greek teams (where he also played in midfield and in the centre of the defence) and in 2015 his contract ended and he left (for free) for Sturm Graz in Austria, where he was very successful and greatly appreciated. His contract ends in the summer, so it is rumoured that he will be transferred in January, to the highest bidder.

We want him back, but he is said to prefer not to return to Greece. Leeds supposedly want him, as well as another Championship club.

I wonder which one.

Honestly he sounds perfect for our system and just what we need.

Hope we take a punt on him.

Impressive member

Hopefully the Marinakis Factor will sway him our way.

Warburton hasnt mentioned wanting a LB has he?

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Maybe because we've already got one sewn up from Oly?

That being said, on paper we have 3 (Traore, Fox, Lichaj) with Osborn and Mancienne able to deputise there in extreme circumstances. He probably doesn't see it as the biggest problem in the team mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Maybe because we've already got one sewn up from Oly?
    Lykogiannis does not belong to Olympiacos anymore.

Lykogiannis does not belong to Olympiacos anymore.
    Milic is tho right?

Milic is tho right?
    Yes, but I doubt that he will come to Forest, or that MW would want him there. Milic will go wherever his agent tells him to go: he is one of those transfers that agents convince a club to purchase as part of another deal and if they don't succeed they just ship them elsewhere as part of another deal, etc.

So far, EM has left Forest completely outside these agents' games which are so common with our transfers, giving MW and FM complete freedom.

Yes, but I doubt that he will come to Forest, or that MW would want him there. Milic will go wherever his agent tells him to go: he is one of those transfers that agents convince a club to purchase as part of another deal and if they don't succeed they just ship them elsewhere as part of another deal, etc.

So far, EM has left Forest completely outside these agents' games which are so common with our transfers, giving MW and FM complete freedom.
    Ah right he's a mercenary. That didn't come across in your write up of him, excuse me!

Ah right he's a mercenary. That didn't come across in your write up of him, excuse me!
    To be fair, I haven't really watched him play. He's only played a couple of games plus a meaningles cup game against a no good opponent. But when we bought him, Fiorentina fans were elated to be rid of him.

Charalambos Lykogiannis, 24, is a Greek international left back and a product of our academy. As a youth, he was one of the most promising talents I have seen: tall (1.86) but pacey, excellent dribbler, very effective going forward, strong left shot.....
    That all sounds very impressive, but can he make a tackle and stop crosses?

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Not recently but we were linked with several last window.

That all sounds very impressive, but can he make a tackle and stop crosses?
    From what I'm told by a friend who lives in Austria, he is very well regarded for his defensive skills. And he played incessantly: last year he only lost two games because of yellow cards (no injury), and this year he has not played in only three games, only one of them for medical reasons (he got the flu).

I would really like to see an older, experienced goalie come into the squad in January, firstly to sure us up, and also maybe a loan spell for Smith wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Wonder if Bojan Jokic fancies a move away from the central Russian wilderness?
    Now where have I heard that strange name before?

Interesting comment by MW, pointing out that the January market in Britain is ridiculously overpriced, and that there is better value in the overseas market.

Perhaps he's just trying to get rid of the "he only cares for British players" accusation. But he is of course right.

Does he even have that reputation though? The foreign players we had at the club were generally rubbish apart from Pinillos & Vellios.

We needed to build a core of UK based players.