Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

We still have to assess the situation in January, a lot can change in two months - we could be well off the pack by then or right amongst them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Far too simple.

If by either luck or judgement, you have a REALLY promising crop of players, then you have a difficult choice;
    1. Are they good enough to become part of a promotion team IF two or three new signings are made?
    If so, trust in the expertise of the management to sign the best players available to fill the places where we struggle.
    Get promoted and worry about FFP then. Still have to sell our players when the established prem clubs come a knockin'.
    2.Are they good enough to become part of a promotion team IF two or three new signings are made?
    If so, trust in the expertise of the management to sign the best players available to fill the places where we struggle.
    Fail to get promoted and worry about FFP then. Sell all our oh-so-promising players.

Whole promotion thing goes out of the window for years, having lost another manager or two on the way.

In truth, I agree with a number of posters who advocate the careful buying of young players who should improve and increase in value and won't leave us in a financial black hole if we fail to go up.
    But will they be good enough without a couple of experienced expert players to guide them through?

It's a dilemma. Especially for a happy ray of sunshine like myself! Whatever, I'll be at Brum.

Taken from NEP article.

2,3 or possibly 4 additions. Tails thinks he knows who the Prem youngster is but he is trying to make 100% sure.

They want to add a goalkeeper – and they could go back in for Brondby stopper Frederik Ronnow, having pushed hard to sign him before the deadline in the summer – and another midfielder, with Forest having been linked with several midfielders north of the border.

Hibs midfielder John McGinn may well have Premier League suitors in January, given the progress he has made since Forest unsuccessfully tried to sign him in the summer. But they are also keen on St Mirren’s Lewis Morgan.

Forest also have a number of potential targets in the centre of defence – and are working on a loan signing of an attacking Premier League player that would be very exciting if it comes off.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 12-11-17 at 17:25.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Taken from NEP article.

2,3 or possibly 4 additions. Tails thinks he knows who the Prem youngster is but he is trying to make 100% sure.

They want to add a goalkeeper – and they could go back in for Brondby stopper Frederik Ronnow, having pushed hard to sign him before the deadline in the summer – and another midfielder, with Forest having been linked with several midfielders north of the border.

Hibs midfielder John McGinn may well have Premier League suitors in January, given the progress he has made since Forest unsuccessfully tried to sign him in the summer. But they are also keen on St Mirren’s Lewis Morgan.

Forest also have a number of potential targets in the centre of defence – and are working on a loan signing of an attacking Premier League player that would be very exciting if it comes off.

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi

lol

ANOTHER attacking premier league player on loan. Thatís it boys, I need the bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not banned, just being a pillock

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    ANOTHER attacking premier league player on loan. Thatís it boys, I need the bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Renegade

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Renegade
    Itís 2017, I could be who I want.

Not banned, just being a pillock

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Itís 2017, I could be who I want.
    You sure can sweetheart

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You sure can sweetheart

Demolish

2,3 or possibly 4 additions.
    4 additions would undoubtedly mean that some of the deadwood is on its way out.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    The local Butcher could be doing a roaring trade then.

ĄThe revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.ď

Personally I would be surprised if we make 4 additions but another Premier League attacker is an interesting one and the additional one I didn't expect.

If a GK comes in, then to me a few keepers will be leaving ie Henderson, Dimi & even Erlandsson etc
    CB would be a case of wanting genuine competition for Worrall & Mance. The other 3 injury prone/poor and out of contract in summer. Suppose it will be fine to carry them for 6 months.
    MF would be a more dynamic MF. Vaughan's importance becomes less.
    The attacker. Is Dowell off ? Where to for Carayol/Ward/Brereton who seem the most on the outside but still playing so can't see any of them leaving. Suppose Vellios will definitely go.

I can only presume Dowell is going back to warm the bench,if he is lucky at Everton

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Carayol, Hobbs & Vellios will all be off if there is any takers.

Cash more than likely loaned out - leaves room for a box-to-box midfielder they seemingly want to come in. Goalkeeper will come in, and probably a central defender if the right one comes up.

I personally think we are in the market for another striker, and putting 2 + 2 together I reckon that's what the "attacking" player from the Premier League will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Carayol, Hobbs & Vellios will all be off if there is any takers.

Cash more than likely loaned out - leaves room for a box-to-box midfielder they seemingly want to come in. Goalkeeper will come in, and probably a central defender if the right one comes up.

I personally think we are in the market for another striker, and putting 2 + 2 together I reckon that's what the "attacking" player from the Premier League will be.
    There wasn't any particular profile was there ?

But then again I can't see us spending a fortune on a Gayle or a Ings ?

Other CF's knocking about would be Berahino , Burke, Akpom, Solanke, Wilson ?

There aren't a lot of CF's knocking about these days.

I wonder if it is a fast versatile forward like a Ademola Lookman at Everton. Like an upgrade on Carayol.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 13-11-17 at 18:32.

Left Winger

Who on earth in their right mind would buy Jack Hobbs? He's almost always injured!

There wasn't any particular profile was there ?

But then again I can't see us spending a fortune on a Gayle or a Ings ?

Other CF's knocking about would be Berahino , Burke, Akpom, Solanke, Wilson ?

There aren't a lot of CF's knocking about these days.

I wonder if it is a fast versatile forward like a Ademola Lookman at Everton. Like an upgrade on Carayol.
    Burke is a good shout if he doesn't impress over the next two months.

Unlikely to be Solanke given he's just had his England debut.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

.k I m
    I m u mm

Phil Foden??

Some bits of Lookman. LT the club probably feel we have two in (Appiah/Mighten) who play this style. Direct fast attackers with skill & close control to win 1v1s with ease.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 15-11-17 at 12:07.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

I doubt they'll loan Lookman out, he gets in their squad most weeks and looks like one of the few attackers willing or able to create something for them.

Last edited by Aitor KarAndy!; 15-11-17 at 12:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    I doubt they'll loan Lookman out, he gets in their squad every week and looks like one of the few attackers willing or able to create something for them.
    Yeah they do lack pace & it was a mystery why he wasn't in squads under Koeman.

You got a good point. Suppose it depends who their new manager is. Their attacking depth in their squad is massive but not well balanced.

Derby and another club were trying to get him on loan in the summer.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 15-11-17 at 12:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    Phil Foden??
    Probably too young. Closest to a Messi-like player there has been though in England.

Guardiola will probably keep him around at City. Still even qualifies for their FA Youth Cup team.

Impressive member

I'm more interested in seeing who leaves, rather than who we add.
    Be nice to trim the fat in readiness for the summer.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    I'm more interested in seeing who leaves, rather than who we add.
    Be nice to trim the fat in readiness for the summer.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Wouldn't get your hopes up because had their been any suitors such players we all know need to leave would have gone in the Summer.