Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    You think it’s stupid in your opinion to say that just because we have signed a few foreigners that to say this guy will turn out the same, yet don’t batter an eyelid and the comparison to the fact that Salah and Maharez are foreign too and he could be as good.
    OK. I suppose we are polars apart fella on how this one could turn out.
    No I don't think he'll be as good as those two and I don't think anyone was suggesting he would be? I think the point of mentioning those players was to illustrate that not all North African footballers are crap. My saying that people would still complain if we signed either of the two aforementioned was a tongue in cheek observation that some of our fans will never be happy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    No I don't think he'll be as good as those two and I don't think anyone was suggesting he would be? I think the point of mentioning those players was to illustrate that not all North African footballers are crap. My saying that people would still complain if we signed either of the two aforementioned was a tongue in cheek observation that some of our fans will never be happy.
    Of course they are not all crap. You would be a fool to think that. Especially now given the massive leap that part of the world has made in recent years.
    I am basing it on the fact that they are all examples that have been brought to this club, recently, in this league. Having to take in everything that comes with it (climate difference, change of pace and physicality) etc etc.
    Without being disrespectful I havenít hand picked a couple of players that have been fantastic in this country and started dreaming that this guy could be cut from a similar cloth.
    Personally given he is over 30 and never played over here before and will cost us a few million. Itís the gamble I am against. And given the fact that he will more than likely need time to adapt (which is only fair) and that seems to be a sore point at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    Of course they are not all crap. You would be a fool to think that. Especially now given the massive leap that part of the world has made in recent years.
    I am basing it on the fact that they are all examples that have been brought to this club, recently, in this league. Having to take in everything that comes with it (climate difference, change of pace and physicality) etc etc.
    Without being disrespectful I haven’t hand picked a couple of players that have been fantastic in this country and started dreaming that this guy could be cut from a similar cloth.
    Personally given he is over 30 and never played over here before and will cost us a few million. It’s the gamble I am against. And given the fact that he will more than likely need time to adapt (which is only fair) and that seems to be a sore point at the moment.
    Fair enough, I agree it's a gamble but then so is every transfer.

Fair enough, I agree it's a gamble but then so is every transfer.
    Of course they are. But some more than others.

Not that type of player

True.

'too old'
    too young - will block our academy players'
    too British - overpriced'
    'too foreign - won't adapt'
    'too expensive - a gamble'
    'too cheap - not good enough for nffc'

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    True.

'too old'
    too young - will block our academy players'
    too British - overpriced'
    'too foreign - won't adapt'
    'too expensive - a gamble'
    'too cheap - not good enough for nffc'
    Iím sure most would be if some of the players that they buy that are being criticised turned out to help an upturn in the clubs fortunes.
    Believe it or not itís the players that have under performed time and time again in order for this club to stagnate where they are. Not some nobodyís sat on their keyboards on a football forum.

Impressive member

To be fair Mahrez was signed by Leicester when they were in the Championship so it's not unheard of.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    To be fair Mahrez was signed by Leicester when they were in the Championship so it's not unheard of.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Oh itís not unheard of. And there are others too. But few and far between. Even less the wrong side of 30 too. Which in itself Iím not against, but could understand it more if they were the missing piece of a promotion, play off push. Not why we have gaping holes all over a mid table team.