Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 16 of 79 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jan Transfer Surprises

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Great player who comes across as a massive Prima Donna.
    NE54039-2 by Julian Hardy, on Flickr

More Chane of Donatello

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by stantonred View Post
    Forestieri being rumoured now on good old twatter
    Little fucking cheating bastard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If money is available (or is made available), it would be wrong to splash it out on a large number of players. It would be preferable to invest in real (and expensive) quality in two, max three positions, rather than to bring a whole bunch of players of uncertain quality.

Keeper, Centre back, Leftback and winger/forward for me.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonred View Post
    Forestieri being rumoured now on good old twatter
    Isnt he injured? And also have a mardy at Wednesday as they wouldn't let him leave? Good player though

We’re in desperate need of a left back, another creative player up front to challenge Dowell and we need another centre back.

A goalkeeper is a luxury, and I don’t think another CDM is a priority considering how well Bridcutt/Vaughn/Osborn do there

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    We’re in desperate need of a left back, another creative player up front to challenge Dowell and we need another centre back.

A goalkeeper is a luxury, and I don’t think another CDM is a priority considering how well Bridcutt/Vaughn/Osborn do there

I agree.
    Charlie boy from Chelsea might be the challenge for Dowell.
    Maybe need another striker?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Jonny Metgod is my hero

Centre back, left back, winger, centre mid, striker (if we don't use Vellios).

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Keeper, Centre back, Leftback and winger/forward for me.
    I’d add a midfielder to the list of priorities.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post

I think a CDM is absolutely crucial. Think Vaughn, Bridcutt & Benny have us too one dimensional there. With Vaughns legs an issue.

We need something different, be it size, pace, forward passing vision or an ability to go box to box.

Last edited by MASE; 14-01-18 at 02:02.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    I think a CDM is absolutely crucial. Think Vaughn, Bridcutt & Benny have us too one dimensional there. With Vaughns legs an issue.

We need something different, be it size, pace, forward passing vision or an ability to go box to box.
    Have to agree, I’m a massive Vaughn fan but he’s getting to the stage he needs using sparingly, although he’s never had or needed much pace at times today he was easily bypassed. Height, guile, steel and legs are needed in midfield, unfortunately that won’t be cheap or easy to find...

Not that type of player

I haven’t seen a smaller team than us in the Championship. Some of the better teams like Villa are significantly taller. As well as being good on the ball, physical presence and aggression are the main requirements of a new midfielder.

Left Winger

David Vaughan is a brilliant option of the bench when you need to control a game late on, like Villa did yesterday.

We need a more box-to-Box presence alongside Liam Bridcutt, someone with a bit of bite about him (and not in a Luis Suarez way).

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

We don't need to buy a CDM in January but we will in Summer.

I'd go as far as saying the only position we need now is at RW. That will allow Cash to play in central midfield if you need the energy and then means Brereton and Murphy can challenge for the CF position without Brereton needing to be shoved wide right.

We aren't going up, so Karanka should use the next six months to work out exactly who he wants to keep for the following season.

Karanka Mutineer

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

A certain Adlene Guedioura is being linked with a move to Ipswich Mase.

He's obviously surplus to requirements at Middlesbrough, though whether he could again do that type of job here I've no idea.

My January recipe

AM - buy some experience with vision and final ball
    CM - buy some experience and leadership with a head for heights
    ST - loan from prem outfit
    LB - loan from a prem outfit

Get rid of a few hasbeens and neverwills.

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi

Adam Clayton for me.

In the market, affordable and Karanka will know him like the back of his hand.

Our biggest problem at the moment is we have no players in their primes. They are either at the start of their career or the end of it.

Left Winger

Adam Clayton for me.

In the market, affordable and Karanka will know him like the back of his hand.

Our biggest problem at the moment is we have no players in their primes. They are either at the start of their career or the end of it.
    Bridcutt is about the only one, at 28/29.

I'd suggest that the likes of Lichaj, Mancienne, Traore and Bridcutt (being in their late-20s) are as much in their prime as they'll ever be, but you make a good overall point nonetheless as they have no real competition from similarly-aged alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I'd suggest that the likes of Lichaj, Mancienne, Traore and Bridcutt (being in their late-20s) are as much in their prime as they'll ever be, but you make a good overall point nonetheless as they have no real competition from similarly-aged alternatives.
    Lets face it MM and AT are shit and Lichaj is competent, hard working but limited. I'd be very happy if we just saw two quality additions this window. A left back and a bastard of a centre half.

I was a big Warbuton fan and would have liked him to be given another couple of windows but one thing I never understood was spunking money on a right back when we had a reasonable one anyway. That money would have been much better used at LB or centre half.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

As I've said before I'd get a wide right player in, let Cash go in the middle next to Bridcutt or vaughan. Osborn and McKay on the left, Clough and Dowell in the middle.

We're not going up or down so we should wait for most players in the summer, prices are inflated in January and you're only gonna get someone their clubs don't want.

I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    A certain Adlene Guedioura is being linked with a move to Ipswich Mase.

He's obviously surplus to requirements at Middlesbrough, though whether he could again do that type of job here I've no idea.
    Exactly the type we need Otis. Rolls Royce of a midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Lets face it MM and AT are shit...
    Can I just point out mate that although that's an opinion you're rightly entitled to, you're not speaking for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    As I've said before I'd get a wide right player in, let Cash go in the middle next to Bridcutt or vaughan. Osborn and McKay on the left, Clough and Dowell in the middle.

We're not going up or down so we should wait for most players in the summer, prices are inflated in January and you're only gonna get someone their clubs don't want.
    Cash has looked an absolute natural wide right, pace, heart, runs at players & decent delivery.

Think he's a good option centrally if we're chasing a game, but too limited defensively to start him at the base.

Exactly the type we need Otis. Rolls Royce of a midfielder.
    He certainly was when he was last here Mace, though I've no idea at all as to his effectiveness four years on?

Unless he's had injury issues, he doesn't appear to have played much for Middlesborough since AK left there.

If it's just a case of him being surplus to requirements in terms of the type of player Pulis wants, the Karanka link might possibly have some relevance.