Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: What's it gonna be?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forest win: Up the Football League we go!

46 80.70%
  • Draw: ...but At least Derby lost again

4 7.02%
  • Birmingham win: The genius of Cotterill does for us again

6 10.53%
  • If we keep a clean sheet we'll win 1-0!

1 1.75%
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday 17: Birmingham City vs Nottingham Forest

Default Re: Matchday 17: Birmingham City vs Nottingham Forest

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    You would have, they've been doing it for at least 15+ years.
    I'm always too shit faced at away games to realise what I'm doing, let alone what the opposition fans are doing. I'm surprised I've never picked up on them doing it until now though. Still humorous.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

On the subject of accents, recall on the terraces at West Ham, after they'd taken the lead, getting a barrage of "Wan nil, wan nil, wan nil..." from the section to the side of us.

Forest equalised quickly and we start singing "Wan wan, wan wan, wan wan..." in retort. Looking back, I guess the irony may have been lost on them.

But it amused us. So fuck 'em.

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    On the subject of accents, recall on the terraces at West Ham, after they'd taken the lead, getting a barrage of "Wan nil, wan nil, wan nil..." from the section to the side of us.

Forest equalised quickly and we start singing "Wan wan, wan wan, wan wan..." in retort. Looking back, I guess the irony may have been lost on them.

But it amused us. So fuck 'em.
    Caaaam an get yer peanats!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I love that. Is that unique to Forest do you know? Or do a lot of clubs sing it?

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    I love that. Is that unique to Forest do you know? Or do a lot of clubs sing it?
    I've never heard it anywhere else. Remember being about 9 years old in the kids pen of the Trent End and the whole stand were singing it to the Arsenal fans that got turfed out. I thought why they singing that?
    Then my old man told me why. A few months later at Spurs away there was a peanut seller shouting it, I couldn't stop laughing.

I've never heard it anywhere else. Remember being about 9 years old in the kids pen of the Trent End and the whole stand were singing it to the Arsenal fans that got turfed out. I thought why they singing that?
    Then my old man told me why. A few months later at Spurs away there was a peanut seller shouting it, I couldn't stop laughing.
    Yeah I've never heard any other club sing it. The first time I remember taking note of it was away at Millwall in about 2000. Prior to that most of my away games were more local. I thought it was great. That was the Millwall game that finished 3-3.

You've got it Bryn. And it was only ever outside Spurs ground that I heard that being shouted.

Yids and peanuts, hey? You wouldn't put the two together otherwise.

Wandering around the CG

Yeah I've never heard any other club sing it. The first time I remember taking note of it was away at Millwall in about 2000. Prior to that most of my away games were more local. I thought it was great. That was the Millwall game that finished 3-3.
    First time I went to Millwall there was a bloke selling flick knives (jokes)

I don't know if they still have them? Only been to Brentford in recent times, I stay more local.
    Hot peanuts on a winter's day stood on the terraces kind of makes sense, but I suppose they sell panini's and quinoa these days

I love London away games. Unfortunately since the kid came along they are a thing of the past for me

Wandering around the CG

I love London away games. Unfortunately since the kid came along they are a thing of the past for me
    Yeah, they knock me for six now. I'm usually hanging for about three days after and blow way too much money at them.
    I stick with the Midlands and Yarkshire now, unless that 'special occasion' comes along of course.

Too School for Cool

I try and get to all the London away days. Always tempted to give Millwall a swerve though.

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    I try and get to all the London away days. Always tempted to give Millwall a swerve though.
    It's not bad now Bangerz, you can walk to the ground down Cowards Way if you don't want to mix with the home fans.
    Most of them are sound and respect Forest, it's the scrotes that cause the problems, like anywhere.

The worst part about Millwall is being held behind for 45 minutes after the game.

I keep telling the police I have a London accent so I can do my best cheeky Danny Dyer market trader impersonation to fit in with the Millwall fans, but they still won't let me out.

Been many times. Never had a problem.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Usually happy to draw away from home, particularly as we are a work in progress still.

Wouldn't be too gutted to draw here, but given how bad Birmingham are at the moment and who they have in charge we really should b looking to win tthis.

I'll go for...
    Birmingham 1 Forest 3

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by FBS View Post

Try telling Barry that. He rolls out multiple excuses at least two weeks before the fixture

Too School for Cool

It's not bad now Bangerz, you can walk to the ground down Cowards Way if you don't want to mix with the home fans.
    Most of them are sound and respect Forest, it's the scrotes that cause the problems, like anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by FBS View Post

It's not so much that I've had problems, funnily enough I remember one year I went I was merrily walking along when this Millwall fan bumped into me, next thing I know I feel this tap on my shoulder expecting to get a rollocking about looking where I'm going etc, but he hands me my matchday programme that had fallen out of my pocket and said "you dropped this, sorry about that mate!"

It's just not a fixture I ever really enjoy. Always a bit of a hostile atmosphere about the place. Also like BR22 says it always takes forever to get out of the ground.

I went to the Old Den a couple of times in the 80's . The only ground where a car full of home fans clocked us driving to the game and offered to follow them for the best place to park. Some really top fans but go in all mouthy then face the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    The worst part about Millwall is being held behind for 45 minutes after the game.

I keep telling the police I have a London accent so I can do my best cheeky Danny Dyer market trader impersonation to fit in with the Millwall fans, but they still won't let me out.
    I remember that 3-3 game circa 2001 and before the walkway to the train station was built. Anyone on a coach was OK but the rest of us were kept in and taken in a convoy by the old bill to south Bermondsey and sent back in to town. That was fine by me as I had a B&B in town but some had cars park in SB so weren't happy. I don't mind it up there. They are good fans and generate a good atmosphere. Plus they hate West Ham.

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    I went to the Old Den a couple of times in the 80's . The only ground where a car full of home fans clocked us driving to the game and offered to follow them for the best place to park. Some really top fans but go in all mouthy then face the consequences.
    I went once and this car full of Forest fans park up and they'd all been drinking and seemed well oiled. A youngish lass (rough as arseholes) was walking along in her full Vicky pollard gear and they started giving her a load of abuse and were being a bit OTT. I was cringing for them as I knew what was coming and before you knew it they were set upon and the old bill were everywhere. I was just trying to keep my head down. Those Forest fans deserved a slap that day, they were out of order (or taking liberties as they say round there!!).

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    This is a great opportunity to cement
    This. Anything beats Cotterill football.

Birmingham City 6/4 Draw 12/5 Nottingham Forest 7/4

Sky bet.

I've never found the Wall to be that bad. I was dated a girl in Bermondsey for a while, and with her doing my head in all morning, I decided to fuck her off and go down the local boozer to watch us play Leicester (when we beat them at the crisp bowl with Mackie/Cox scoring).

Few noticed I was a Forest fan and came up to talk about football, and bought me a couple of drinks, even offered to get me a ticket to come watch them play Derby at the Den that afternoon. I declined, but a nice gesture..

No worse than any of your other clubs as far as my experience goes.

That Leicester game was good fun. Slightly unexpected which made it all the more enjoyable.

If we can win this one (I genuinely reckon we will, and handsomely), I've done what every fan shouldn't and looked at the games we've got until Christmas.

If we do get a positive result at St Andrews, we follow that up with Norwich at home who are in questionable form (they've lost 3 on the spin - Derby at home, Wolves at home, Bolton away) and they've got Barnsley at home this week.

Then we've got Cardiff at home, which is a tricky one, but recently they've been quite hit and miss. Lost last time out away at Brizzle, beat Ipswich at home before that, drew with Millwall in Cardiff. They've got Brentford at home and then a potentially difficult one in Barnsley before us. If you're optimistic about our home form, you'd hope for a positive result against them.

Our form at this point would be very impressive. Taking us to Portman Road... They started with 5 wins, then lost 3 on the spin, then they won 2 in 3, then lost 4 in 6. Definitely a winnable match as they all seem to be this year, and they've got Hull away, Wednesday at home, Villa away, and Derby away before facing us. They could be on a stinking run.

It's such a nice feeling looking up the table. We've had the international break, and returned stronger after the previous ones. The squad is improving each week. Absolutely filled with optimism at the moment.

I'll stick my tin hat on now.