Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1030

Thread: Apostolos Vellios

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,764

    Default Apostolos Vellios

    I'm guessing most have seen the rumours about him but he doesn't have his own thread yet so here we go...

    24 year old Greek striker currently back at his boyhood club Iraklis having spent several years abroad at Everton (3 in 24), Lierse in Belgium (1 in 14), FC Vestsjælland in Denmark (6 in 20)
    Scored 13 in 32 in all competitions last season, 11 in 27 in the league.


    Source: http://www.sport24.gr/football/omade...t.4102216.html

    Main point mentioned in the article is Iraklis' owner Spyros Papathanasakis is expected to meet with representatives of Forest, most likely today, in Athens to discuss the transfer.
    and that our main competitors for the player are AEK Athens who are also keen.

    I've seen elsewhere that the player owns some of his transfer rights and might not be too eager to move (can't find the source on that now though).


    An interview with Roberto Martinez a couple of years ago regarding Vellios:

    “As a long-term I see him with great potential but in the short-term he needs minutes.

    Going out on loan is something we’re going to assess, but going down the line it comes down to if the player is open to do that, and in the past it doesn’t seem like that was something he was ready to consider.

    Tolis has got the potential to be a terrific number nine. He’s good in the air, strong, powerful and has good link up play and mobility. He’s at the stage now where he needs to be playing 90 minutes.”


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    Kenny Burns on Vellios - http://www.nottinghampost.com/Aposto...ail/story.html

    I've never heard of him says Kenny.

    I suspect that there is a fair chance that he hasn't heard of Kenny either. That said, he didn't set the Championship alight when he played for Blackpool on loan did he.


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,445

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    We're still very much under the FFP transfer embargo anyway according to a poster on Vital who emailed the Football League for clarification, so no need for Kenny to worry about Vellios's arrival anytime soon.


  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,686

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    FA said they wouldn't allow the deal anyway, the way it was going to be structured, which is a relief because he's shit and not worth 20% of the money we're offering.

    Ask Blackpool, they passed on him @ £200k when they didn't even have a striker.

    Mind you, we're not looking to buy him for us...


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,764

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    Quote Originally Posted by SammyC View Post
    FA said they wouldn't allow the deal anyway, the way it was going to be structured, which is a relief because he's shit and not worth 20% of the money we're offering.
    Have you got any details on that Sammy? The whole structure of the deal thing I mean.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    762

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    Quote Originally Posted by SammyC View Post
    FA said they wouldn't allow the deal anyway, the way it was going to be structured, which is a relief because he's shit and not worth 20% of the money we're offering.

    Ask Blackpool, they passed on him @ £200k when they didn't even have a striker.

    Mind you, we're not looking to buy him for us...
    To be fair in the Blackpool case, it was probably more a case of Karl Oyston looking at that 200k and deciding he'd rather have a nice holiday.


  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,686

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Have you got any details on that Sammy? The whole structure of the deal thing I mean.
    Dual ownership

    Quote Originally Posted by Britt Assombalongalonger View Post
    To be fair in the Blackpool case, it was probably more a case of Karl Oyston looking at that 200k and deciding he'd rather have a nice holiday.
    No, it's because he was shit. They had him on loan that season they only scored 39 goals & he still couldn't get in to the team.




  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,686

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    We're still very much under the FFP transfer embargo anyway according to a poster on Vital who emailed the Football League for clarification, so no need for Kenny to worry about Vellios's arrival anytime soon.
    Last official word was that we are still under embargo. There are still issues which need sorting before we can come out.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,445

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTe View Post
    Last official word was that we are still under embargo. There are still issues which need sorting before we can come out.
    I recall the official statement, but I was unaware if those minor issues have since been resolved. The definitive clarification that the Vital poster claims to have received from the FL that the embargo is still in place confirms you're right.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,986

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    Greek Football
    ‏@greekfootball_
    Spiros Papathanasakis (#Iraklis owner) has agreed terms with #NFFC. @tolisvellios is expected to return to Greece from Australia.


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,996

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    If this deal is going through, then surely Forest's takeover is as good as finalised?


  13. #12

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    According to greek sources his club have accepted an offer of £1.2m euros.the player is yet to accept terms though.who's bought him fawaz or evangelos?.
    Can only sumise its evangelos so(maybe)things might be happening...


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,675

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    So we're signing someone, who doesn't seem that great anyway, when we have no manager and have no confirmation of any takeover although if this is happening suggests is being done by Marinakis? But how can he be signing players without a manager's approval?! And without having a manager? Very odd, doesn't bode well.


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,686

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    It all seems rather odd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    If this deal is going through, then surely Forest's takeover is as good as finalised?
    As definite as when we signed Lee Peltier for our new manager, Neil Warnock.


  16. #15
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    6,398

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    Maybe it is a signing the manager wants, but we can't announce the manager yet until the takeover goes through. For legal reasons or summat.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Y block lower b
    Posts
    9,512

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    wasnt it david moyes who bought him to everton originally


  18. #17
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    6,398

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1977 View Post
    wasnt it david moyes who bought him to everton originally
    Hmmmmmm.....


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,445

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    Just a thought, but what if the player's current club don't want to sell him to a rival club, therefore the said rival club's owner arranges a transfer for the player to the club he's in the process of taking over in England. The English club then loans him to the aforementioned "rival club" in Greece.....?

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 09-06-16 at 22:38.

  20. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,686

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Just a thought, but what if the player's current club don't want to sell him to a rival club, therefore the said rival club's owner arranges a transfer for the player to the club he's in the process of taking over in England. The English club then loans him to the aforementioned "rival club" in Greece.....?
    You're getting closer...


  21. #20
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    6,398

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    You mean the old 'let's manage both Forest and Barcelona and sell Messi to the Tricky Trees in the Championship' Football Manager tactic?


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,445

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    .......or summat similar to the Udinese....Granada....Watford model?


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Stockton, California
    Posts
    10,799

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    "Summat" that word is beautiful


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,313

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    Quote Originally Posted by matt1982 View Post
    So we're signing someone, who doesn't seem that great anyway, when we have no manager and have no confirmation of any takeover although if this is happening suggests is being done by Marinakis? But how can he be signing players without a manager's approval?! And without having a manager? Very odd, doesn't bode well.
    He was the MVP of the season for the entire league so he must be doing something right and not shit considering how unfashionable his club is and he wasn't the top scorer in the league.




  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,675

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    He was the MVP of the season for the entire league so he must be doing something right and not shit considering how unfashionable his club is and he wasn't the top scorer in the league.

    We've signed the likes of Djebbour and abdoun before from Greece though and look how they turned out. Dunno,just seems odd and I'd be surprised if the likes of Garcja /Zola (if it's to be either of them) were interested in someone like that but who knows or if they had any knowledge of it anyway

    Last edited by matt1982; 10-06-16 at 06:21.

  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,686

    Default Re: Apostolos Vellios

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    He was the MVP of the season for the entire league so he must be doing something right and not shit considering how unfashionable his club is and he wasn't the top scorer in the league.

    If Greece's 'most valuable player' is worth £900k, it must be a really shit league.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •