Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which ground have you visited most to watch Forest without ever having seen us win?

Default Re: Which ground have you visited most to watch Forest without ever having seen us wi

Quote Originally Posted by big jay View Post
    Been twice to Ewood, lost 3-0 & 7-0, don’t think I’ll bother again
    Same. And same.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Left Winger

Default Re: Which ground have you visited most to watch Forest without ever having seen us wi

Oh God Oldham.

Why did you remind me of that 5-0 at Oldham. Biblically wet weather too.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Oh God Oldham.

Why did you remind me of that 5-0 at Oldham. Biblically wet weather too.
    Ruined what had been a good family Christmas, bloody hate that place..

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsnuts View Post
    Oldham Athletic - Been there 8 times and never won in fact I missed 1 game otherwise would be 9 without a win since 1975..Worst one was a very WET 5-0 defeat on New Years Day 2007 we were as bad as the weather...Terrible ground back then too.

01 Feb 1975 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L. 2-0 League Division Two
    25 Oct 1975 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest D 0-0 League Division Two
    30 Oct 1976 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L. 1-0 League Division Two
    29 Aug 1978 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest D 0-0 League Cup
    28 Dec 1991 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L 2-1 League Division One
    22 Aug 1992 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L. 5-3 Premier League
    15 Feb 2006 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L. 3-0 League One
    01 Jan 2007 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L. 5-0 League One
    26 Dec 2007 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest D 0-0. Leauge One
    This is going to take some beating. Not just for the eight game winless streak, but also because Fortress Boundary Park is not something you hear every day.

...and neither is Fortress City Ground.. which is what makes that QPR Football League record so good.

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    What's our record at Goodison Park?

Oddly, I've seen us win many times at the self styled "theatre of dreams". Reckon I've seen more wins there than defeats.
    Seen us at GP once, park road end and some massive guy was singing this song called "Goodbye Horse" never worked out what it meant or if he was Forest or Everton.. Never seen us win and Norwich or Bristol City..

Christ that 7-0 at Blackburn, drove from London and picked up and mate from Hull and then another from Huddersfield.. Not ideal..

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo Francescoli (on loan) View Post
    Molineux has potential. We've played there a lot in the last twenty five years, and if you have planned your visits badly you could be on a pretty big winless streak by now. We lose a lot more than we win.
    I saw us on a wednesday night there and Stan turn on the halfway line and scored a corker, thats my best Stan moment. Don't even know if we won or not..

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    I saw us on a wednesday night there and Stan turn on the halfway line and scored a corker, thats my best Stan moment. Don't even know if we won or not..
    Think it was 1-1?

Wolves fans were singing 'Forest are going nowhere' as we had started badly. They were still singing that most the game during the second game at the CG. Obviously, Forest were then promoted. Plonkers.

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    Seen us at GP once, park road end and some massive guy was singing this song called "Goodbye Horse" never worked out what it meant or if he was Forest or Everton.. Never seen us win and Norwich or Bristol City..
    "Goodbye Horse" was a Trent End favourite for a few years in the mid 80's and likewise, I'm still non the wiser what it meant although I joined in singing it!

Wandering around the CG

This is going to take some beating. Not just for the eight game winless streak, but also because Fortress Boundary Park is not something you hear every day.
    The coldest ground in the football league due to its closeness to the moors, apparently.

We beat them at Wembley though, and that's what counts

Can anybody beat eight visits to the same ground without a win?

Must be somebody who has tragically racked up double figures somewhere?

Upton Park is a bad one. 1 win in 13 over the last thirty years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Can't remember seeing us win at Bramall Lane.
    Last time I went to Bramall Lane, Forest won 3-1, Andy Johnson nearly killed somebody and we left thinking David Platt was taking us on a late charge for the play-offs. Happy to have quit whilst I was ahead on that one.

My youngest went to the WFCG 15 times before we won. He's 8 now and still a massive reds fan. Built of stern stuff that lad!

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Your Dad's Ashamed Of You View Post
    My youngest went to the WFCG 15 times before we won. He's 8 now and still a massive reds fan. Built of stern stuff that lad!

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk
    Good effort from the young man and excellent parenting there.

Red til I'm dead

Remember that one at the Bescot in 2005 as my mate nearly hit Fryatt with a full bottle of coke when he scored a penalty and gave us the ear hold.....
    Nice to see I wasnít the only one who lost his bottle of drink trying to hit Fryatt that night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...the Liatrom Red

Mines Walsall, but I'd still go back there for more of a shoeing.

Not so the case with Burnley where 4 defeats on the trot have taken their toll and I have no intention of going anywhere near that shithole ever again. Every single defeat has been depressing beyond belief up there.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Nice to see I wasn’t the only one who lost his bottle of drink trying to hit Fryatt that night

Wasn't Fryatt circa 2005 was an unmissable target?

I'm another one with (spit) Anfield (spit).

Of course, drawing 0-0 to win overall in Euro' Cup was, to say the least, FUN. But never seen us win over 90 mins.

Remember seeing us lose 6-0 in some pre-season comp yet Forest played so well that day....as strange as that sounds. We're all over them for first 15 mins and hit the woodwork. Remember thinking 'today could be the day'. And it was.... for them, anyhoo. Bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    What's our record at Goodison Park?
    Will NEVER forget first game of Championship winning season, away at Everton. McGovern ran that game from start to finish, he could have passed wind and it would have landed firmly at the feet of another Forest player.

Remember Everton fans near us leaving 20 mins before end. Beaten only by Man Utd supporters leaving 30 mins before end of the 0-4 drubbing we dished out same season. Happy days indeed.

But, sorry, I digress. Back to where we've dipped out......

Red til I'm dead

Wasn't Fryatt circa 2005 was an unmissable target?
    It was a spur of the moment decision and I had no lid on the bottle. That affected the trajectory. Still nearly hit him though.

I donít think Iíve bought a lemon fanta since. Although Iím not sure that has any relevance to anything...

Oldham Athletic - Been there 8 times and never won in fact I missed 1 game otherwise would be 9 without a win since 1975..Worst one was a very WET 5-0 defeat on New Years Day 2007 we were as bad as the weather...Terrible ground back then too.

01 Feb 1975 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L. 2-0 League Division Two
    25 Oct 1975 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest D 0-0 League Division Two
    30 Oct 1976 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L. 1-0 League Division Two
    29 Aug 1978 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest D 0-0 League Cup
    28 Dec 1991 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L 2-1 League Division One
    22 Aug 1992 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L. 5-3 Premier League
    15 Feb 2006 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L. 3-0 League One
    01 Jan 2007 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L. 5-0 League One
    26 Dec 2007 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest D 0-0. Leauge One
    A guy I once drank with always told me to bet on an Oldham home win in any accumulator.

His reason? Their ground is at a higher altitude than every other ground in the UK, apart from The Hawthorns....

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    A guy I once drank with always told me to bet on an Oldham home win in any accumulator.

His reason? Their ground is at a higher altitude than every other ground in the UK, apart from The Hawthorns....
    It is indeed, we often played them in the winter time and the weather was mainly crappy as was the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post

Would we be right in guessing it was 'never his round' too? Think we've all met that sort!