Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which ground have you visited most to watch Forest without ever having seen us win?

Default Which ground have you visited most to watch Forest without ever having seen us win?

This thread is obviously inspired by the long-suffering super hoops fans who have been travelling up to Nottingham for years to see Rangers play at the City Ground without ever being able to travel back home thinking their trip had been truly worth it.

So I'm wondering which ground have you seen Forest play at most without ever seeing us win?

Anfield must have been up there twenty years ago. But we haven't played there since the nineties. The Bescot maybe?

Who amongst us holds the record for the longest winless streak at a single ground? And where is it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Which ground have you visited most to watch Forest without ever having seen us wi

Like you say fucking Anfield, seen us lose 3-0, 4-1, 5-0, 1-0, 4-2 also seem a couple of draws 0-0 the year we went down & a 2-2 after being 2 down, I like to burn the place

Rose-Coloured Boy

Default Re: Which ground have you visited most to watch Forest without ever having seen us wi

Longest thread title EVER.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Hull.

Rose-Coloured Boy

The City Ground

tel - 0898 12 11 74

Bramall Lane

Last edited by football post; 05-11-17 at 18:04.

Turf Moor and Bramall Lane

Ah, Turf Moor has to be up there. We don't win there as a rule.

I've seen a couple of defeats and called it quits there. But there's been plenty more.

Was just having a look at our record at the Bescot.

Dec 2007 LOST 0-1
    Aug 2005 LOST 2-3
    Nov 2003 LOST 1-4
    Aug 2002 LOST 1-2
    Nov 2001 LOST 0-2

Feb 2000 WON 2-0

Team

BEASANT
    MLJ HJELDE VAUGHAN ROGERS
    QUASHIE PRUTTON BARTMAN JOHNSON
    HAREWOOD LESTER

Goalscorers : Rogers and Dougal off the bench.

Our first ever meeting there was Sep 1997 in the league cup which was a draw.

Bizarre poor form against this club even at homes since the turn of the millennium.

What's our record at Goodison Park?

Oddly, I've seen us win many times at the self styled "theatre of dreams". Reckon I've seen more wins there than defeats.

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    What's our record at Goodison Park?

Oddly, I've seen us win many times at the self styled "theatre of dreams". Reckon I've seen more wins there than defeats.
    We were pretty decent there in the 90s. We won some we lost some we drew some. Think we won there lost time we were in the Prem.

But in the 80s we didn't win there once.

Saw us win at Everton under Big Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    We were pretty decent there in the 90s. We won some we lost some we drew some. Think we won there lost time we were in the Prem.

But in the 80s we didn't win there once.
    Don't I remember a game there where maybe Colin Walsh scored twice and young Nige scored a last minute winner?? 80's?, 90's?

It's got to be somewhere like Ewood Park, we hardly ever beat Blackburn at all, let alone away... *cough*7-0

edit: though according to this, we did win there in 1999 (after we'd been relegated) and in 2013
    https://www.11v11.com/teams/nottingh...burn%20Rovers/

Last edited by Statto; 05-11-17 at 19:06.

Only ever seen us thrashed at Ewood Park. But we took them down with with that win in 99 (which was as sweet as a win could get when you're own team's already been relegeted).

I think Bill-Alf Davies got a last minute win there in second spell too?

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Was just having a look at our record at the Bescot.

Dec 2007 LOST 0-1
    Aug 2005 LOST 2-3
    Nov 2003 LOST 1-4
    Aug 2002 LOST 1-2
    Nov 2001 LOST 0-2

Feb 2000 WON 2-0

Team

BEASANT
    MLJ HJELDE VAUGHAN ROGERS
    QUASHIE PRUTTON BARTMAN JOHNSON
    HAREWOOD LESTER

Goalscorers : Rogers and Dougal off the bench.

Our first ever meeting there was Sep 1997 in the league cup which was a draw.

Bizarre poor form against this club even at homes since the turn of the millennium.
    Remember that one at the Bescot in 2005 as my mate nearly hit Fryatt with a full bottle of coke when he scored a penalty and gave us the ear hold.....

Quote Originally Posted by T.O.Tricky. View Post
    Don't I remember a game there where maybe Colin Walsh scored twice and young Nige scored a last minute winner?? 80's?, 90's?
    That was the 3-2 win against United at Old Trafford around 1986. One of Walsh's goals went in off both posts. It's knocking around somewhere on a compilation but I can't find a unique clip of it.

Worst ground for me is the Reebok. They could be adrift at the bottom when we play there this season and it'll still be a draw.

Yeah, Bolton is one of those places we rarely win.

Big Jay is out in front so far with 7 winless trips to Anfield.

Last edited by Enzo Francescoli (on loan); 05-11-17 at 19:55.

Molineux has potential. We've played there a lot in the last twenty five years, and if you have planned your visits badly you could be on a pretty big winless streak by now. We lose a lot more than we win.

Oldham Athletic - Been there 8 times and never won in fact I missed 1 game otherwise would be 9 without a win since 1975..Worst one was a very WET 5-0 defeat on New Years Day 2007 we were as bad as the weather...Terrible ground back then too.

01 Feb 1975 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L. 2-0 League Division Two
    25 Oct 1975 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest D 0-0 League Division Two
    30 Oct 1976 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L. 1-0 League Division Two
    29 Aug 1978 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest D 0-0 League Cup
    28 Dec 1991 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L 2-1 League Division One
    22 Aug 1992 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L. 5-3 Premier League
    15 Feb 2006 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L. 3-0 League One
    01 Jan 2007 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest L. 5-0 League One
    26 Dec 2007 Oldham Athletic v Nottingham Forest D 0-0. Leauge One

Been twice to Ewood, lost 3-0 & 7-0, don’t think I’ll bother again

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by big jay View Post
    Been twice to Ewood, lost 3-0 & 7-0, donít think Iíll bother again
    Me too and the one where Crossley threw one in the net... think that was 5-2

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Me too and the one where Crossley threw one in the net... think that was 5-2
    4-1 in 92-3 I think...

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    4-1 in 92-3 I think...
    Yeah that was the year. I was gonna say 5-1 as im sure we conceded 5.

Wandering around the CG

Can't remember seeing us win at Bramall Lane.
    Other worthy mentions are Ewood Park and in more recent times, Pride Park. Other than the 2-1 win under Pearce I've not seen Forest beat the Shaggers at their new place.