Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Munich get together 2019.

Default Munich get together 2019.

Had a couple of separate conversations after the game yesterday with a couple of older lads who like myself weíre lucky enough to be in munich on THAT day nearly 40 Yearís ago and have been told that plans are afoot to have a reunion in may 2019 (40th anniversary by all accounts)in which you make your own way and meet in Munichís main square .
    For those of you who like myself were lucky enough to be in that square on a hot summers day when we completely took over the centre of the city and turned it into one mass piss up and party youíll have fond memories of it.
    I also had this conversation with an older lad who used to run the sal buses in the 80ís during the summer but I didnít know if this was going to gather any pace but speaking to these lads yesterday there seems thereís quite a bit of interest brewing. Has anyone else had the heads up or if you havenít then itís something to keep an eye out for. The date is yet to be determined so Iíve been told.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Munich get together 2019.

Sorry. Posted this on the wrong page. Could someone please move it to the proper page.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

I was there that day and night, but I can't see too many being able to afford a reunion in the Marienplatz, nice idea though it undoubtedly is.

I made the journey on chartered return flight (KLM Airlines to be precise) which cost £100 exactly. Even then, we had land at and take-off from Nuremberg Airport, and transfer to-and-from Munich by coach. I can't imagine how much that would cost these days. Chris would probably have a better idea.

Left Winger

I was there too!

Actually in real terms the flights would be cheaper now than then; there are at least 2 or 3 budget airlines who fly from Birmingham direct to Munich!

Will be keeping an eye on this; I will probably be still in Germany then so itís just a Deutsche Bahn fast train for me (about 2.5 hours from Stuttgart!)

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Too School for Cool

I wasn't even born when we stormed Munich but would love to come along nonetheless!

I didn't go to Munich but I still have a scar on my left hand from where I fell over a barbed wire fence on the way home after watching the game at a mate's house. Something to do with the amount of cider I consumed that evening, it inhibits your walking abilities.

A 3 day piss up and sleeping on the hard seat of a coach wouldn't bode well for the old joints now.
    It'd have to be a more comfy expedition this time round

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    A 3 day piss up and sleeping on the hard seat of a coach wouldn't bode well for the old joints now.
    It'd have to be a more comfy expedition this time round
    It’s like we were saying last night in the royal kiddies, it’s probably the one and only time this sort of thing can happen as a lot who went are all in our 50s/60s and 70s now .
    Would be nice though to see younger ones there as well as it’s still their club that did what they did so I’ll keep an eye on it.

Still lives large in my memory, like Oldman a massive coach trip though we did stop over and have a bed in Nuremberg where we had a massive sauerkraut food fight (not popular with the hotel). Used Chalky Whites coach from Sutton, slept in the coach aisle on the way back but copious amounts of beer blurs some of the details!!

Devils favourite advocate

Its still a sore subject in barry sr household..... Barry sr went out 3 days before the game.... hiring a car with him and three mates.... think it was a cortina estate.... about 20 miles on the clock and they ragged it to Germany none stop..... with 2 hour stints at driving.

He got home 11 days after the final...mum was not happy.. neither was his boss at the time, my grandad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsnuts View Post
    Still lives large in my memory, like Oldman a massive coach trip though we did stop over and have a bed in Nuremberg where we had a massive sauerkraut food fight (not popular with the hotel). Used Chalky Whites coach from Sutton, slept in the coach aisle on the way back but copious amounts of beer blurs some of the details!!
    Just keep in touch with the date, enjoyed Madrid more than Munich, but still remember the hairs on the back of my neck rising when coming off the underground at the Marienplatz and seeing all those fellow trickier trees!

Quote Originally Posted by Madrid and Munich View Post
    Just keep in touch with the date, enjoyed Madrid more than Munich, but still remember the hairs on the back of my neck rising when coming off the underground at the Marienplatz and seeing all those fellow trickier trees!
    Will do...enjoyed them both especially beating the permed Keegan....

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

Went on the official coaches (Bartons) departed main stand car park mid morning tuesday.Arrived Munich 13.00 on matchday. Departed Munich around 23.00, got back to main stand car park around 05.30 friday. Any of you other owd buggas up for doing that again

Wandering around the CG

I wasn't there, but if it's any consolation I was playing subbuteo dreaming of being there.

Great idea but I think age and cost will factor into the numbers that attend. I hope it comes off though!

No, in an alcoholic haze I remember staying two nights outside Munich. The first we took over the small town we were in and the second was unfortunately an anti climax, while Madrid was just epic!

I'm up for that.

I went on the train, a special from Nottingham Station.

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

This is me and the chaps in Amsterdam before the semi final second leg...bloody copper hit me on the head when I was getting on the tram didnít think it had been that Leary..great fun in Amsterdam mind...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drove to Munich with my mates. Easier than the drive to Madrid. Camped both times.
    In Germany, we were bought loads of drinks by the Germans and were given so much hospitality it was unbelievable. German police were calm and friendly.
    In Spain, the people were tremendous but the police were pathetic.
    Nice to know that few teams will EVER be able to reminisce about two European Cup finals like many of us. The reason they TRY to take the piss (living in the past etc) is because they realise this.

Couldn't make either of the finals, reading this makes me very envious. Managed to see them on TV, so not all bad. Though, as the posts make clear, these trips are not only about the football .......

Left Winger

Went to Munich as a ten-year old, in the back of a Transit with my Uncle and some of his mates, surrounded by several crates of Double Diamond which got smaller as the journey progressed.

Next year I had Chicken Pox so I couldnít go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I wasn't there, but if it's any consolation I was playing subbuteo dreaming of being there.

Great idea but I think age and cost will factor into the numbers that attend. I hope it comes off though!
    I thought you'd have got to the ground but a mix up at the ticket office saw you (and your foam hand) locked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Its still a sore subject in barry sr household..... Barry sr went out 3 days before the game.... hiring a car with him and three mates.... think it was a cortina estate.... about 20 miles on the clock and they ragged it to Germany none stop..... with 2 hour stints at driving.

He got home 11 days after the final...mum was not happy.. neither was his boss at the time, my grandad.
    11 days later, brilliant!!

Wandering around the CG

This is me and the chaps in Amsterdam before the semi final second leg...bloody copper hit me on the head when I was getting on the tram didn’t think it had been that Leary..great fun in Amsterdam mind...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Is that Phil Simms far left stood sideways on at the front?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Is that Phil Simms far left stood sideways on at the front?
    Not sure Bryn...it didn’t ring a bell for me..

Wandering around the CG

Not sure Bryn...it didn’t ring a bell for me..
    Ah, okay mate.
    It looks like him, he was 57 but unfortunately he unexpectedly passed away a few weeks ago