Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Sky TV money under Fawaz

Default Sky TV money under Fawaz

Heard a story yesterday and I know Fawaz did everything when he owned the club, from driving the team bus, to brewing the half time tea.

But, apparently Sky doesnit automatically pay you your appearance money you have to claim it...there are two teams in the Championship that never claimed it us and Leeds...both teams run by idiots.

Might explain why we were on last season so many times...and our growing deficit at the time under Fawaz.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Sky TV money under Fawaz

I know things weren't great at the club in terms of admin, but I'd be surprised if that were true.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    I know things weren't great at the club in terms of admin, but I'd be surprised if that were true.
    Likewise. I would not, however, be surprised if Fawaz struck a deal for getting future tv rights in order to cover some of his losses. This is a common ploy for clubs in dire financial trouble, and the result is pretty much the same as "not claiming the money due by Sky this year".

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Likewise. I would not, however, be surprised if Fawaz struck a deal for getting future tv rights in order to cover some of his losses. This is a common ploy for clubs in dire financial trouble, and the result is pretty much the same as "not claiming the money due by Sky this year".
    If that’s the case then we need to be contacting our lawyers post-haste. It’s akin to asset stripping.

Quote Originally Posted by RobboRobson View Post
    Heard a story yesterday and I know Fawaz did everything when he owned the club, from driving the team bus, to brewing the half time tea.

But, apparently Sky doesnit automatically pay you your appearance money you have to claim it...there are two teams in the Championship that never claimed it us and Leeds...both teams run by idiots.

Might explain why we were on last season so many times...and our growing deficit at the time under Fawaz.

Heard a story where?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    Heard a story where?

Jackanory

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Jackanory
    Showing your age ... it's CBeebies Bedtime Stories now.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...valeri-belokon

there are worse owners then fawaz, he had his time and bridged the gap between doughty and marinakis. could have been a lot worse

The last accounts show TV/Radio revenue of £558k to May 16, will have to wait and see if they stopped claiming to May 17 although I am sure they could make a retrospective claim depending on the conditions of the contract.