Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Reservoir Red Dogs Podcast

Best served cold

Default Reservoir Red Dogs Podcast

I am sure this got covered in the past, and if so please delete this mods, but there is a new NFFC podcast looking back at various things from the history of the club by Matt Forde, Johnny Own and former red Paul McGregor. Last week they had John Robertson on and this weeks guest is Steve Chettle.

It's just nice to hear stories from ex reds and Paul McGregor talking about the fashion catwalks

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/n...aunch-podcast/

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Reservoir Red Dogs Podcast

Bloody love a Podcast at the moment, thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure I subscribe.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

My son put me on to this last week Hulk, and an enjoyable 30-minutes I thought it proved to be, especially the Cloughie anecdotes that I'd not heard before.

Too School for Cool

Reservoir Red Dogs eh? A new breed of podcast? Or are they barking up the wrong tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    Bloody love a Podcast at the moment, thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure I subscribe.
    Never listened to one and know naff all about them.

What's the difference between one & listening to a radio show?

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Never listened to one and know naff all about them.

What's the difference between one & listening to a radio show?
    Nothing essentially! It;s just most are pre recorded and realsed after editing where Radio is live. Though 5 Live release all their football radio shows as podcasts Monday Night Club/Friday night club and all inbetween.
    Matchtalk is relased on a Monday as well, there a re plenty of good Pods out there Football Ramble, Football Weekley, Totally Football Show. There are 3 Forest one's i listen too RRD, The Forest Ramble and Forever Forest. all worth a listen.
    I'm a bit of a Podcast nut I listen to them everyday, Comedy Ones, NFL, Cricket, F1, Football, Gaming.

Get invloved.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardo7 View Post
    Nothing essentially! It;s just most are pre recorded and realsed after editing where Radio is live. Though 5 Live release all their football radio shows as podcasts Monday Night Club/Friday night club and all inbetween.
    Matchtalk is relased on a Monday as well, there a re plenty of good Pods out there Football Ramble, Football Weekley, Totally Football Show. There are 3 Forest one's i listen too RRD, The Forest Ramble and Forever Forest. all worth a listen.
    I'm a bit of a Podcast nut I listen to them everyday, Comedy Ones, NFL, Cricket, F1, Football, Gaming.

Get invloved.
    What NFL one do you listen to Beardo?

I love a podcast, listen to Guitarnerds and Desert Island Discs quite regularly. I'd love a good history one but can't seem to find a good one atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post

I love a podcast, listen to Guitarnerds and Desert Island Discs quite regularly. I'd love a good history one but can't seem to find a good one atm.
    A sort of history one I listen too Is "Do Go On" It's done by 3 people from Melboure and they pick a topic every week and do a report on it it's very funny as they tak ethe piss out of everythihng and go off piest often but it's very interesting. Topics have included, Henry the 8th, Moon Landing, Roswell, The Titanic, Heros from WW2, Cleopatra, Jack The Ripper, Chernoble, The Beatles, I think they are over 100 reports now and most are excellent and hilarious. This weeks is Star Wars I haven't listened yet but looking forward to it. If your after serious it's probbaly not for you but I have learn't alot form it.

NFL wise I listen to Around The NFL which is the NFL network guy's also Inside The Huddle which is Neil and Jeff from Sky and also The NFL show from Talksport with Nat Coombes (who randomly follwed me on Twitter this week for some reason?)

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    My son put me on to this last week Hulk, and an enjoyable 30-minutes I thought it proved to be, especially the Cloughie anecdotes that I'd not heard before.
    Aye, hopefully we'll get more of those as they go on.

For the guys and girls who loved 90s football, please give Quickly Kevin with comedians Chris Scull and Josh Widdicombe a listen! Unbelievable trip down memory lane!

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988 View Post
    For the guys and girls who loved 90s football, please give Quickly Kevin with comedians Chris Scull and Josh Widdicombe a listen! Unbelievable trip down memory lane!
    It’s a favourite of mine. The episode where they have Ray Parlour on is so funny.

Decided to take the plunge. Loved every minute of the first two podcasts.

The whole thing is brilliant. Quickly Kevin has an episode on Forest which is classic

I'm new to podcasts but these are deffo worth a listen

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post

What history do you like? If it's long term listening, The History of Rome by Mike Duncan is a bit of a stand-out in the world of podcasts. He basically tracker the rise of Rome up to the fall of the western empire in (I think) 200 or so episodes. He's since moved on to covering 'Revolutions' and it is also worth a listen - starts with the English Civil War (finishes a bit prematurely on that particular one in my opinion though).

There's also the History of England by David Crowther which is also through 100+ episodes already (tracing English history basically since the Romans left, and we're up to Anne Boleyn right now).

Dan Carlin has a highly regarded history podcast which I think takes a different approach and chooses a different topic.event each episode (so can obviously be a bit hit and miss depending upon the topic).

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    It’s a favourite of mine. The episode where they have Ray Parlour on is so funny.
    Sure it was Ray Parlour? Not sure he’s been on yet! The former players They’ve had have been Merson,Le Tissier, Ian Pearce and Darren Anderton.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988 View Post
    Sure it was Ray Parlour? Not sure he’s been on yet! The former players They’ve had have been Merson,Le Tissier, Ian Pearce and Darren Anderton.
    Ah no I’m thinking of the Magic Sponge podcast which is done by Rob Beckett. I’ve been listening to both that and Quickly Kevin since the start of each and sometimes get them mixed up

The Ray parlour episode of magic sponge dropped around the same time as the Ian Pearce episode of Quickly Kevin and both were brilliant.

Purveyor of exotic goods

Just listened, love it...Steve Chettle singing baggy trousers and saving a dog from drowning in the Trent...niche gold

Note to self:I really must find out what podcasts are.

tel - 0898 12 11 74

Chetts is really good, finding Robbo asleep under the snooker table in the Jubilee club