Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: London Trickies

Default London Trickies

Hi folks,

As the coming weekend is the first away day of the season in London just wanted to draw your attention to the London Trickies - we're the new and improved face of the official London and Southern Counties Supporters Club Branch.

You can find us on Twitter @LondonTrickies - where you'll also see we've recruited London based former Tricky, Jermaine Jenas, as our Honorary President.

Happy to assist if anyone is travelling down for the QPR game and has any questions. No doubt nearby pubs is the most pressing thing on people's minds - the good news (given the early k/o) is there is a Wetherspoons on Shepherds Bush Green which serves alcohol from 9am, details here:
    http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/...shepherds-bush

There are also plenty of nice bars in the Westfield Shopping Centre - all of which are an approx. 10 minute walk to the ground.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: London Trickies

Is Steve Moon still associated with the London Branch? He used to get me tickets for all sorts of matches, a good bloke.

Banned

Steve Moon is still the chairman and does all the tickets etc

Steve sure is still very much involved - without him the community of fans down here would have died out a long time ago!

Left Winger

That we have an official Supporters Club in the nations' capital clearly shows we are still a big club ().

Bet the shaggers haven't got one!

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by London Trickies View Post
    Hi folks,

As the coming weekend is the first away day of the season in London just wanted to draw your attention to the London Trickies - we're the new and improved face of the official London and Southern Counties Supporters Club Branch.

You can find us on Twitter @LondonTrickies - where you'll also see we've recruited London based former Tricky, Jermaine Jenas, as our Honorary President.

Happy to assist if anyone is travelling down for the QPR game and has any questions. No doubt nearby pubs is the most pressing thing on people's minds - the good news (given the early k/o) is there is a Wetherspoons on Shepherds Bush Green which serves alcohol from 9am, details here:

There are also plenty of nice bars in the Westfield Shopping Centre - all of which are an approx. 10 minute walk to the ground.
    I seem to remember that Spoons not selling booze until some stupid time for the last match there.

It was packed full of Forest fans grumpily nursing cups of tea for a bit.

Hmmm, we called to check and they said alcohol is served from 9am - unless the rules are different on match days and they failed to realise this Saturday is one of them. We'll double check.

Banned

I remember when we played them on the Sunday a few years back (Raddy got sent off and McGoldrick shinned an equaliser). We were in the Walkabout and they weren't allowed to serve booze until midday. We were all in there though waiting by the bar (which was choc-a-block with Forest) and the bar staff just standing there. This tense stand off ensued with everyones eyes fixed on the digital clocks on the tills. As soon as 11.59 went to 12.00 it was like the fucking Alamo.

Last edited by CloughyForEngland; 07-09-15 at 14:41.

Quote Originally Posted by CloughyForEngland View Post
    I remember when we played them on the Sunday a few years back (Raddy got sent off and McGoldrick shinned an equaliser). We were in the Walkabout and they weren't allowed to serve booze until midday. We were all in there though waiting by the bar (which was choc-a-block with Forest) and the bar staff just standing there. This tense stand off ensued with everyones eyes fixed on the digital clocks on the tills. As soon as 11.59 went to 12.00 it was like the fucking Alamo.
    Yep, that's what I remember from the Spoons from the last match we played there. It was on Telly for sure as we got thrashed but can't remember if it was a Sunday or not.

Everyone was shuffling for bar position declining service until the clock hit the hour.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tutts View Post
    Yep, that's what I remember from the Spoons from the last match we played there. It was on Telly for sure as we got thrashed but can't remember if it was a Sunday or not.

Everyone was shuffling for bar position declining service until the clock hit the hour.
    When they beat us 5-2? Think that was a Saturday.

That's the one.

Hip flask job. London will not beat us.

Saw JJ before that game in their players car park (the school next to the ground) and asked him to go easy on us as we were not having the best run of results. Guess he didn't pay much attention to me.

Forest Till I Die!

Hi folks,

I can't find you as not on Twitter, so how do I join? Do I get to meet JJ?

Quote Originally Posted by ForestWon View Post
    You have to cup his balls first. It's the initiation. If he smirks, you're in

Quote Originally Posted by ForestWon View Post
    Send us an email to londontrickies@gmail.com and we'll send you info of any events etc. You might get to meet JJ, yes, he's doing a Q&A night for us in the next couple of months.

Red til I'm dead

Do you organise travel from London for home games? Im thinking midweek games where its hard to get a train back after the game

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Do you organise travel from London for home games? Im thinking midweek games where its hard to get a train back after the game
    Not as yet, but it's something on our list for once we we get the group a little more organised. Failing that, we have almost 500 Twitter followers now so it should be relatively easy to find people to give others a lift to games.

Last one standing

By Southern counties does that include Hertfordshire? I feel like I'm all alone here! (Apart from, dare I say it, Watford Red! )

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    By Southern counties does that include Hertfordshire? I feel like I'm all alone here! (Apart from, dare I say it, Watford Red! )
    Don't worry Col, you'll have the inside edge on tickets next season when Watford get relegated from the top flight back to the Championship.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Not as yet, but it's something on our list for once we we get the group a little more organised. Failing that, we have almost 500 Twitter followers now so it should be relatively easy to find people to give others a lift to games.
    Nice avatar, i like that.

Any other Reading based Forest fans hiding out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    I believe you're in our official catchment area. Doubt we'll hold many events in Hertfordshire but you're more than welcome to come along to any gatherings in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    Nice avatar, i like that.
    Thanks. One of the London Trickies is a designer so he created it for us. Soon there will be official merch and eventually we'll take over the world...

Hi folks,

And the non Forest pubs you have to show home supporter tickets my QPR supporting mate said, though if you have Zamora on the back of your shirt they may let you in - I told him to wear his (QPR version). If you fancy something bit different food wise, apparenty a really good Falafel place in that area we are gonna try out before the match and pub after.

I remember Steve Moon also, Barking Town based I think, when I was a London member years back