Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Default Re: Matchday 15: Reading Fan Comments

Again, it's easy to be nice when you've won

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

our match day thread is relatively depressing

these comments from reading fans are far more positive and reassuring

cmon barry admit it, it's impossible you attended the same game as these guys

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO:PSYCHO:PSYCHO View Post
    our match day thread is relatively depressing

these comments from reading fans are far more positive and reassuring

cmon barry admit it, it's impossible you attended the same game as these guys
    See the post before yours

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    See the post before yours
    Indeed. I was chatting to one after the game and he was complimentary about Forest but his Scottish accent made me think he wasn't a true local . I found some of them to be a bit arseholish after the game and even heard the word play off and auto promotion mentioned.

I don't think we were as good on the night as a lot of their comments said. We are capable of playing far better and I think we made it very very easy for them.

Short term it was very disheartening but medium to long term we are getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    Indeed. I was chatting to one after the game and he was complimentary about Forest but his Scottish accent made me think he wasn't a true local . I found some of them to be a bit arseholish after the game and even heard the word play off and auto promotion mentioned.

I don't think we were as good on the night as a lot of their comments said. We are capable of playing far better and I think we made it very very easy for them.

Short term it was very disheartening but medium to long term we are getting there.
    Thanks for replying and more importantly agreeing that we watched a similar game.

I still cant work out how that third one went in.
    For the 3rd goal I think Smith was aware of the Reading lads on the other side of him, and he was trying not to just push the ball to one of them.
    What I can't understand is the the second goal - it just seemed to roll slowly past him...
    A well balanced set of comments.

Didn't see our game but have read comments and seen the stats. Seems a bit like the Spurs v Liverpool game to a certain extent.

Spurs murderd the murderers. Job was done early in the 2nd half. Spurs knew it. Liverpool had chances and possession after that.

Look at the stats for that game and you'd think Liverpool got a bit unlucky. They weren't. They got twatted.

Look at our stats. The game was gone when we got possession and chances

Stats mean fuck all generally. It's the final score that counts.

Bad day at the office it seems. Trust the posters that attended these games. There aren't many nobheads on this forum.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eugeneboppboppbopp View Post
    Trust the posters that attended these games. There aren't many nobheads on this forum.

reading a few paragraphs of other fans comments is far more informative/humorous/relative/inspiring etc than 10 pages of our post match comments

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO:PSYCHO:PSYCHO View Post
    reading a few paragraphs of other fans comments is far more informative/humorous/relative/inspiring etc than 10 pages of our post match comments
    If you are looking for inspiration in the words from folk who pay to watch Reading every week, i guarantee you are looking in the wrong place.

Equally if you can only handle positives you picked the wrong club to support.

They Reading fans. They got no need to say anything nice about us.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    As Andy pointed out if wed have smashed em into next week i dont think they'd have been as complementary.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Although they did say all of this:-

I still find it bizarre Forest fans sing about being European Champions, pretty sure most who were at the game yesterday weren't even born when Forest last won the European Cup.

Forest fans the quietest all season in my opinion. Most sat down apart from a bunch by the barrier.

Had the usual we`ve got no history rubbish and the fact they won the European cup a million years ago

They obviously have a go at Derby for the no history thing too, yet derby's fans are a lot louder and there are more of them.

Derby are one of the most consistently loud fan bases in the division.

I still find it bizarre Forest fans sing about being European Champions, pretty sure most who were at the game yesterday weren't even born when Forest last won the European Cup.

Forest fans the quietest all season in my opinion. Most sat down apart from a bunch by the barrier.

Had the usual we`ve got no history rubbish and the fact they won the European cup a million years ago

They obviously have a go at Derby for the no history thing too, yet derby's fans are a lot louder and there are more of them.

Told you we should have took a drum

That is more like it.

Sort of proves the point they had to go to the boring repetitive stuff to knock us. Its written above our badge and its a part of us (old and young) that we've been champions of Europe twice

Reading - whata shit tinpot club..

As Andy pointed out if wed have smashed em into next week i dont think they'd have been as complementary.
    Maybe. Possibly.

Take the cynical view on board because no doubt some would think like that.

But we were shit first half and could have scored a few and 2nd half we outplayed a team who have been trying to do what we do for longer and some appreciated that so will also take that on board.e

All these moans about our history are sour grapes. If any other club in this division had our history they'd be singing and chanting about it, too.

After all, Huddersfield (temporarily absent from our field) still have three stars to celebrate events which happened fifty years before our great efforts. Plus many of us who saw or heard those games are still here to reminisce about those great days.

The real fact is that on the field at the present time we are all equal. It's just that in history some are more equal than others.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    All these moans about our history are sour grapes. If any other club in this division had our history they'd be singing and chanting about it, too.

After all, Huddersfield (temporarily absent from our field) still have three stars to celebrate events which happened fifty years before our great efforts. Plus many of us who saw or heard those games are still here to reminisce about those great days.

The real fact is that on the field at the present time we are all equal. It's just that in history some are more equal than others.
    As the Direby fans would have it 4 legs good; 2 legs bad!

Last edited by Captain Sinister; 03-11-17 at 18:47.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    We only brought Europe into it when they started knocking us. They obviously wanted to hear about it.

Didn't bother reading our 'replies'. The comments from their fans were as fair as I've seen any fans make and mirror almost exactly what many of us said in the match thread.

We like Warbo's style and the way he plays neat football. But sometimes you can only get a win by playing ugly, which means you have to put in the players who can speed past defenders, by-pass the midfield
    and give the ball some air. So .... you need to avoid putting midgets on their own up front.
    Seems daft to let an injury to your striker result in an overall weakening of your attack. Carayol could have done a job down the wing and then pulling the ball low and hard across their box.
    You've got to put the opposition on the back foot and only in the second half did we do this.
    Overall, we could still have won with a number of chances snuffed out by an excellent keeper. I'd be happier when we can put Lichaj at RB and Traore at LB.