Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchday 15: Reading Fan Comments

Default Matchday 15: Reading Fan Comments

I didn't think Forest were poor, I think they were nullified. We closed down very well, pressed high and got stuck in when necessary.

Tactics: Spot on. But only because Forest didn't park the bus from the offset. When teams play like that against us we will tear them apart. When they play like Boro we will look awful.

They had higher possession, more shots, a higher pass success rate, more aerial duels won and the same number of tackles, corners and dribbles past.

Forest were a good side. Enjoyed watching them tbh. Though do think they played into our hands. They’d have beaten us comfortably if we had lined up like we did vs Boro.

It got a bit uncomfortable towards the end when Forest pressed us. Easy to see why they score so many goals and let so many in.

Very enjoyable spectacle, I might come again.

That was the most enjoyable game I've been to this season.

Very lucky we didn't give away a penalty to them.

Thought they created a lot of chances easily against us which was a concern. The difference being Mannone made saves that matter, their keeper Smith had a shocker and should have done better with 2 of our goals.

Forest were a tidy side. Their defence let them down and looked like they lacked a focal point up front a bit tonight, but they played some decent stuff. Tactically though, it wasn’t the right approach and played right into our strengths. Can’t remember the last time we had so little possession at home.

Forest had long periods of possession, rarely see that against us, especially at home.

Mannone in goal was outstanding.

Forest weren't great but no worse than anyone else we've slipped up against. We played well and it went our way for a change.

Mannone 9 best I've seen him play. Good saves kept us ahead.

It was a genuinely exciting game.

Forest were handy - I’d say much better than Boro or Hull, and deserves their goal.

Though I suppose nagging doubt that maybe they gave us the chance to play how we wanted- and we were just that bit better at it than them.

It was also good to see a team that came to play rather than park the bus. Perhaps a bit naive and they had to after conceding quite early. But it helped to make it entertaining.

Manonne had to come to our rescue on 4 occasions in the 2nd half.

Keepers were the difference.

Mannone potentially our best keeper since Hahnemann?*

The guy looks a different class. No keeper is ever mistake-free, but he's a Premier League keeper, and looks like one too.

Definitely earned us 3 points today.

Mannone, some top draw saves and could do nothing for Forest's well struck consolation.

A win and some positives but that was a game that could have ended differently.

Forest created numerous chances in the second half once they changed shape to have 4 players pushed on.

Reality is that their keeper had a shocker and ours had a stormer. Swap the keepers over and you'd have got a different result.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Too School for Cool

Default Re: Matchday 15: Reading Fan Comments

"It was also good to see a team that came to play rather than park the bus."

Exactly the kind of thing I like to hear from an away fan. Gives me hope we're playing the right way.

Thanks Calv. Enjoyed that.

I spoke to a Reading fan after the game and he reckons Warburton has got us playing the right way and that he's about 80% of the way there but it's the niggly 20% that lets us down.

Too School for Cool

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    I spoke to a Reading fan after the game and he reckons Warburton has got us playing the right way and that he's about 80% of the way there but it's the niggly 20% that lets us down.
    And I agree with that Reading fan

They're saying exactly what I said during the game and after it.

Teams like Reading who play a tight and solid system will close us down, not let us play our football, frustrate the hell out of us and then hit us the counter attack.

They mentioned us being better than Hull and Boro and these are 2 very good teams who try to play football that we've beaten this season.

Disappointing result but overall still a lot of positives to take, and things to learn from.

Left Winger

Balanced and quite positive and a distinct lack of the sour grapes you usually get.

Good work again Calvin!

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Balanced and quite positive and a distinct lack of the sour grapes you usually get.

Good work again Calvin!
    I reckon the sour grapes would be there if we had won though

Genuinely shocked by those comments. We sounded gash on the radio and was expecting the Reading fans to give us the middle finger after calling them boring Reading on here for the past week.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Genuinely shocked by those comments. We sounded gash on the radio and was expecting the Reading fans to give us the middle finger after calling them boring Reading on here for the past week.
    It’s Reading Robbie - their fans probably haven’t gotten their Butlers to read the forum comments to them yet.

Just had a quick read of their forum and a few recent posts absolutely slating our support and how Derbys is bigger

Apparently we also accuse Derby of having no history which is totally new news to me

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post

"Why is it that we wear more-or-less the same kit as QPR and yet it looks good on them, but always crap on us? I mean, you could literally switch our kits around at the start of any season before we iron our badges on it, and they'd still look like they have a good kit and we'd look a bit rubbish in ours. Really hard to fathom. One of football's many mysteries IMO."
    Fair comment, this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo Francescoli (on loan) View Post
    Fair comment, this one.
    Blue and White generally never makes a good kit, with perhaps the exception of "some" past Italy, QPR and Chelsea kits where they keep it very simple.

Forest v Ipswich in identical Adidas kits always look better with Forest Red.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Its happened on a couple of occasion where I've been to a match, left the CG in high spirits and managed to tune into Nottingham radio only to listen to them focusing on the negatives. I do wonder how much on an they influence they have on the general Forest supporter views on how the team is performing.

Wow, I wasn't expecting those comments. Thanks Calvin.

Red til I'm dead

Default Matchday 15: Reading Fan Comments

Fair comments from the Reading fans.

Both teams tried to play football, but they looked low on confidence and we didn’t have enough intensity/tempo in the first half.

First goal was always going to be massive in this one. The difference was Smith had a stinker and Mannone made 4 excellent saves. Could’ve gone either way, this one. We weren’t that bad, and we are making good progress. I really think we will be a strong force next season if we keep at it.

Oh and they’re right, we missed Murphy here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was smith that bad? Lol

Wandering around the CG

Very generous comments, fair play.

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Was smith that bad? Lol

It was his worst game since he got in the team in my opinion. He’s not made many mistakes in the first team though, so I can cut him some slack for a poor performance. Hopefully he can bounce back vs QPR

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Very generous comments, fair play.
    No problem

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    It was his worst game since he got in the team in my opinion. He’s not made many mistakes in the first team though, so I can cut him some slack for a poor performance. Hopefully he can bounce back vs QPR

I still cant work out how that third one went in.

Thanks for poating Calvin

Thanks, these are always interesting to read. Good to see the Reading fans are more stable than the Hull denizens last week.

Quite honest, realistic and actually quite complimentary at times.

I imagine their comments would have been slightly different had they lost.

Thanks, Calvin.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.

Visit my Facebook page 'DBW Creative'

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    Warburton's achieved a pretty decent turnaround in such a short space of time and bodes well for next season if we stick with him.