Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The SJW Thread

Default Re: The SJW Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I like Ben Shapiro.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I find Ben generally balanced and fair, however....

I totally disagree with Ben on his pro-Capital Punishment position. There have been far too many mistakes made over the years where innocent people have been executed, and also a lifetime of obscurity in prison for an Islamic terrorist is a far greater punishment than the martyrdom they seek.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    I find Ben generally balanced and fair, however....

I totally disagree with Ben on his pro-Capital Punishment position. There have been far too many mistakes made over the years where innocent people have been executed, and also a lifetime of obscurity in prison for an Islamic terrorist is a far greater punishment than the martyrdom they seek.
    Never know what you're gonna get with LJR. One day Trump-bot and GOPer. Next day lefty bleeding heart sandal-wearing liberal.

Can't remember the last time I completely agreed with one of your posts!

The capital punishment part that is. Outside of your postings on here I have never ever heard of this Ben Shapiro bloke.

Probably not sober

More chance of Helen Shapiro

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    More chance of Helen Shapiro
    You’d be walking back to happiness if that happened.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    Never know what you're gonna get with LJR. One day Trump-bot and GOPer. Next day lefty bleeding heart sandal-wearing liberal.
    Can't remember the last time I completely agreed with one of your posts!
    The capital punishment part that is. Outside of your postings on here I have never ever heard of this Ben Shapiro bloke.
    You see you are just confirming the inherent problem with so called "Progressive" politics, which requires its adherents to follow blindly, because it has become a religion of fanatical zealots and sheep.

The great strength of we Libertarians is that we don't agree on everything, BUT we believe everyone has the right to express an opinion and be heard.

The only thing I really like about Trump is the fact that he is generally an iconoclast and has changed the political landscape forever. As everyday passes it is becoming more obvious want an empty suit Obama really was.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    Outside of your postings on here I have never ever heard of this Ben Shapiro bloke.
    I wouldn't waste any serious time searching him out - he's a man almost entirely devoid of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Carayol Camping View Post
    I wouldn't waste any serious time searching him out - he's a man almost entirely devoid of ideas.
    And what political party does he lead?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    And what political party does he lead?
    None. He believes that all non-military functions of government should be handed over to privately funded "social organisations."

If having an opinion was a football match, he'd be man marking Russell Brand.

None. He believes that all non-military functions of government should be handed over to privately funded "social organisations."

Interesting though that Ben is generally highly respected across the political spectrum and is asked for comment on news lines on both sides of the aisle.

When he speaks at Universities he asks for questions from the Left first. Asking those who disagree with you to challenge you on your position is very different to getting pre agreed patsy questions from a friendly journos. I thought you were a fan of the critically incisive school of interview?

Left Winger

Oof. Brutal!

Interesting video comparing men & women in modern day combat situations, and whether combat standards should be lowered to accomodate women......

(WARNING: A few scenes NSFW of people being executed. The vid states it before it's played, may upset a few folk so you have been warned)

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Thanks for that Alf.

I see it as horses for courses.

There is no doubt that when it comes to physical issues Male Soldiers will easily have the advantage over Females. However there is plenty of evidence that a woman in the combat zone with a gun can be just as deadly as a man, the Defence of Stalingrad in particular. Also their concentrations skills are better which makes them ideal snipers, killer drone operators etc.

The problem is the Feminists want to see woman at the top of every aspect of life, even if they are not up to the job. However for them it has to be the politically correct sort of woman at the top, which is why they hate Thatcher instead of celebrating her smashing the glass ceiling of one of the most traditionally misogynist groupings on the planet.

Thanks for that Alf.

I see it as horses for courses.

There is no doubt that when it comes to physical issues Male Soldiers will easily have the advantage over Females. However there is plenty of evidence that a woman in the combat zone with a gun can be just as deadly as a man, the Defence of Stalingrad in particular. Also their concentrations skills are better which makes them ideal snipers, killer drone operators etc.

The problem is the Feminists want to see woman at the top of every aspect of life, even if they are not up to the job. However for them it has to be the politically correct sort of woman at the top, which is why they hate Thatcher instead of celebrating her smashing the glass ceiling of one of the most traditionally misogynist groupings on the planet.
    It's odd aint it?

Like yourself, I don't see any issue with women in combat.....so long as they are fit for what's required.

Interestingly, similar to the point you mention regards suitability, studies prove that women read body language & social scenarios far better than men instinctively. In fact it's part of how they are hard wired, and "women's intuition" is very real, and very benificial in situations where language can be a barrier (as body language often indicates on a subconcious level people's intent before anyone says or actions anything). So to that end there's definitely an advantage of having women in various, less typical combat/hostage/etc. scenarios too.

Horses for courses I guess. But why femenists would endanger their own by wanting the standard lowered I've no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    It's odd aint it?

Like yourself, I don't see any issue with women in combat.....so long as they are fit for what's required.

Interestingly, similar to the point you mention regards suitability, studies prove that women read body language & social scenarios far better than men instinctively. In fact it's part of how they are hard wired, and "women's intuition" is very real, and very benificial in situations where language can be a barrier (as body language often indicates on a subconcious level people's intent before anyone says or actions anything). So to that end there's definitely an advantage of having women in various, less typical combat/hostage/etc. scenarios too.

Horses for courses I guess. But why femenists would endanger their own by wanting the standard lowered I've no idea.
    The problem with Third Wave Feminism is that it has degenerated in Man-hating, instigated mainly by militant lesbians and middle aged women left on the shelf. It is testosterone envy on the part of the lesbians and bitter resentment from the spinsters.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Interesting video comparing men & women in modern day combat situations, and whether combat standards should be lowered to accomodate women......

(WARNING: A few scenes NSFW of people being executed. The vid states it before it's played, may upset a few folk so you have been warned)

100% of the men in that video couldn’t spell Obstacle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Has anyone in any kind of decision making role actually mentioned lowering standards?

I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Has anyone in any kind of decision making role actually mentioned lowering standards?
    If the Feminists and Progressives are involved it will ALWAYS mean lowering standards. Don't forget in your world everyone is a winner and there are no losers. Equality is outcomes based on the Left.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Depends how pissed they are?

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

If the Feminists and Progressives are involved it will ALWAYS mean lowering standards. Don't forget in your world everyone is a winner and there are no losers. Equality is outcomes based on the Left.
    That's a no then.

If they pass the same criteria then they should be allowed the same "opportunities".

Equality is not about winning or losing, that'll happen no matter what, it's about giving people the same opportunities and not letting their colour, creed, background or finances restrict opportunities, opportunities that they have to take. I don't believe things should be given, they should be earned.

I work in recruitment and part of my job is to assist in the placing of people in all kinds of roles which require certain abilities.

Each person is assessed ONLY on their ability to perform the duties outlined in the job description.

No discrimination is made with regards to physical appearance, sex, faith, religion, sexual preference or disability.

Sometimes pre-assessment tests are required to determine the candidate’s ability to perform particular functions essential to the role. Under employment law, allowances should be taken for certain disabilities but this really does depend upon the role.

Back to the debate of women, or absolutely anyone, in combat, there is one question to answer........can they do the job effectively? Yes or no.

There will be physically demanding roles that some people will not be able to do. Equally, there will be some technical roles or positions that require particular skills that have to be learned or professional qualifications.

There are hundreds of opportunities within the armed forces many of which require specific skills and experience. Those opportunities should be open and available to anyone who meets the role criteria.

People should only be judged on their ability to do the job.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    I work in recruitment and part of my job is to assist in the placing of people in all kinds of roles which require certain abilities.

Each person is assessed ONLY on their ability to perform the duties outlined in the job description.

No discrimination is made with regards to physical appearance, sex, faith, religion, sexual preference or disability.

Sometimes pre-assessment tests are required to determine the candidate’s ability to perform particular functions essential to the role. Under employment law, allowances should be taken for certain disabilities but this really does depend upon the role.

Back to the debate of women, or absolutely anyone, in combat, there is one question to answer........can they do the job effectively? Yes or no.

There will be physically demanding roles that some people will not be able to do. Equally, there will be some technical roles or positions that require particular skills that have to be learned or professional qualifications.

There are hundreds of opportunities within the armed forces many of which require specific skills and experience. Those opportunities should be open and available to anyone who meets the role criteria.

People should only be judged on their ability to do the job.
    Genuine question

Having endured call centre environments for far too long in parts of my career, what would be the stance on someone with Tourettes insisting they are fit to work in that environment with direct contact with customers?

From experience of dealing with customers who love to complain for the minutest things i cant imagine hearing "bollocks" going down well.

Last edited by Barry; 04-11-17 at 08:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Genuine question

Having endured call centre environments for far too long in parts of my career, what would be the stance on someone with Tourettes insisting they are fit to work in that environment with direct contact with customers?
    I’ve never had that one come up and if I did then I’d take advice first.

Hypothetically speaking.......

I’d need to interview the candidate in person to discuss their requirements and at the same time determine the severity of their symptoms. Part of that discussion would be to highlight the potential risks of being in a customer environment. There may be other more suitable options available.

Physical ticks of any description shouldn’t put a candidate at a disadvantage. I can, however, understand how verbal outbursts could cause offence in a customer facing situation and how it could be objectionable.

If the candidate was insistent that they wished to put themselves in such a position then maybe reasonable allowances could be made. For example, the customer asked in advance if they had any objections to discussing their business with someone with Tourette’s.

A recruiting agency holds a responsibility to both client and candidate. The candidate should be treated fairly and as equally as possible but consideration has to be made in line with what is considered acceptable by the client.

Better not post my views on recruitment agencies. I don't want to get on the wrong side of TBT.

There is nowt wrong with having a few birds in the office especially if they have got nice tits, they can do your admin & make a nice cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Better not post my views on recruitment agencies. I don't want to get on the wrong side of TBT.
    Don’t worry, I’ve had some terrible experiences of recruitment agencies. There are some really bad ones out there. Don’t get me started.

I like to think we are different......we do things by the book and we treat all people the same way.......with respect.

You get good and bad in every industry.

As for my wrong side, you wouldn’t be the first and I’m sure you wouldn’t be the last.