Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 403

Thread: The SJW Thread

  1. #26

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Her facebook page if you want to perv at her some more......

    https://www.facebook.com/durodora/

    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In isolation.
    Posts
    10,555

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    There is a much simpler way to look at all this.

    We've all had a running race with sibling/cousin/friend etc where we give them a headstart. Why do we do that? It's because we acknowledge that the race is not equal, that the racers have different quotas of advantage/disadvantage and we're trying to even things up to make the race fair.

    Society is a race that is already underway - so we're not even at the same starting line. We can declare equality at any given point, but the reality is we know the rough order of the runners arriving at the next checkpoint.

    So, for some people - I'm one of them - we'd like to intervene in this race to disrupt the order. We might do this by moving some runners ahead in the current order to give us time to solve some of the issues that might help make this race fairer. And over a longer period of time we want to change the rules of the race too.

    Of course, if you think life is just one big competition and that some people are just better as that is demonstrated by the gains they already heave, that's your prerogative but don't pretend that you believe in any form of equality - you don't. So when it comes to it, let's have some truth so you can say men deserve it, white people deserve, hetrosexuals deserve it - because they're better at the running race of life.

    And intersectionality is even simpler, it says the runners come with a myriad of disadvantages, and you can't just pick one disadvantage to solve, you must try to find a way to tackle them all.



    We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi

  4. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,513

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    So does that mean that when a white heterosexual male is told to "STFU and just listen" because of his privilege he can claim legally to be triply victimised?

    Intersectionality is Apartheid, no more and no less.
    I have real reservations about aspects of white privilege theory, but it is legitimated by white men claiming in earnest that being told to "STFU and listen" constitutes apartheid.


  5. #29

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Unity View Post
    There is a much simpler way to look at all this.

    We've all had a running race with sibling/cousin/friend etc where we give them a headstart. Why do we do that? It's because we acknowledge that the race is not equal, that the racers have different quotas of advantage/disadvantage and we're trying to even things up to make the race fair.

    Society is a race that is already underway - so we're not even at the same starting line. We can declare equality at any given point, but the reality is we know the rough order of the runners arriving at the next checkpoint.

    So, for some people - I'm one of them - we'd like to intervene in this race to disrupt the order. We might do this by moving some runners ahead in the current order to give us time to solve some of the issues that might help make this race fairer. And over a longer period of time we want to change the rules of the race too.

    Of course, if you think life is just one big competition and that some people are just better as that is demonstrated by the gains they already heave, that's your prerogative but don't pretend that you believe in any form of equality - you don't. So when it comes to it, let's have some truth so you can say men deserve it, white people deserve, hetrosexuals deserve it - because they're better at the running race of life.

    And intersectionality is even simpler, it says the runners come with a myriad of disadvantages, and you can't just pick one disadvantage to solve, you must try to find a way to tackle them all.

    Kinda agree with that, but then you have to question the natural order of things, and if manipulating it actually benefits anything other than giving folk a false sense of accomplishment itself?

    Aren't we better as an overall society if the people who are naturally good at something are allowed to flourish in that area?

    Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 01-11-17 at 13:57.

  6. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,762

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Carayol Camping View Post
    I have real reservations about aspects of white privilege theory, but it is legitimated by white men claiming in earnest that being told to "STFU and listen" constitutes apartheid.
    Any society or group that tells others to "STFU and listen" has lost the argument and any claim to moral high ground.

    Intersectionality is Apartheid....and I stand by that.


  7. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,762

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Unity View Post

    And intersectionality is even simpler, it says the runners come with a myriad of disadvantages, and you can't just pick one disadvantage to solve, you must try to find a way to tackle them all.

    The most successful social groups in the US are currently Asiatics and Jews....but of course neither of them has ever suffered social disadvantage have they?

    Black Married families are far better off than Single parent White families....explain the intersectionality there Mr Social Engineer?

    The Media and Film Industry has been OVER represented by the LGBT community for years....what about that?

    Black Athletes dominate sport because they are fucking good at it, shall we have quotes imposed there?


  8. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,513

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    Any society or group that tells others to "STFU and listen" has lost the argument and any claim to moral high ground.
    I totally agree. Unfortunately for you and your argument, the strictures of apartheid went far beyond "STFU and listen."

    That you stand by your original comparison is hardly surprising given that you don't seem to understand what either intersectionality or apartheid are.


  9. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,762

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Carayol Camping View Post
    I totally agree. Unfortunately for you and your argument, the strictures of apartheid went far beyond "STFU and listen."

    That you stand by your original comparison is hardly surprising given that you don't seem to understand what either intersectionality or apartheid are.
    I actually know a great deal about Intersectionality and Apartheid. I am not sure if you saw what the Diversity VP at Apple said and was told to retract?

    "..AND I’VE OFTEN TOLD PEOPLE A STORY– THERE CAN BE 12 WHITE BLUE-EYED BLONDE MEN IN A ROOM AND THEY ARE GOING TO BE DIVERSE TOO BECAUSE THEY’RE GOING TO BRING A DIFFERENT LIFE EXPERIENCE AND LIFE PERSPECTIVE TO THE CONVERSATION."

    Yes that is correct everyone is an individual, but of course it does not fit the Intersectional victimhood dogma. All White men are the same aren't they? Privileged, sexist, racist, misogynist....in fact just Nazis?


  10. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In isolation.
    Posts
    10,555

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    The most successful social groups in the US are currently Asiatics and Jews....but of course neither of them has ever suffered social disadvantage have they?

    Black Married families are far better off than Single parent White families....explain the intersectionality there Mr Social Engineer?

    The Media and Film Industry has been OVER represented by the LGBT community for years....what about that?

    Black Athletes dominate sport because they are fucking good at it, shall we have quotes imposed there?
    So many racial tropes in such a short space!

    Black Athletes dominate sport because they are fucking good at it, shall we have quotes imposed there?
    Yes, you daft sod. How do you think they get to the pinnacle of sport? Social enginering, affirmative action, postive action bursary through high school and grad school. etc, etc etc.

    It works, right?


  11. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,762

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Unity View Post
    So many racial tropes in such a short space!

    Yes, you daft sod. How do you think they get to the pinnacle of sport? Social enginering, affirmative action, postive action bursary through high school and grad school. etc, etc etc.

    It works, right?
    So does your so called "positive action bursary" get given to a poor white kid also? If not why not?

    I see your only response to what I posted is to call them "tropes".

    One of the things I have learned from hard personal experience over my 60+ years is that you start succeeding in life when you stop thinking you are a victim.


  12. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In isolation.
    Posts
    10,555

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    So does your so called "positive action bursary" get given to a poor white kid also? If not why not?
    yes they do.

    victimschmitim


  13. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,762

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Unity View Post
    yes they do.

    victimschmitim
    Then it is simple poverty assistance and nothing to do with Intersectionality points, which is fine.

    One trusts that no one says to the poor White kid "Check your privilege and STFU"?


  14. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,513

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    Then it is simple poverty assistance and nothing to do with Intersectionality points, which is fine.
    Intersectionality covers economic disadvantage - I'm surprised the "great deal" you know about it didn't extend to that...


  15. #39
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    CSU EAST BAY
    Posts
    13,490

    Default The SJW Thread

    Last year I had a English professor who was very “SJW” type, And was black. She based the class around the struggles of the minority’s around this country with countless stories and videos on them. I’ve written a few essays about them as well during that class. I liked it actually, learning what my race did “the whites” to everyone else in this country back then to solidify their strength now is quite interesting to me. Which probably makes me a white cis racist male.

    Anyway, I bring this up because I was constantly separated from the rest of the class for being white. During the second class of the quarter, she made the class raise their hand if someone was white. I was the only one, which I notice but I never care lol. But, she went on a tangent saying the reason why I’m in this lower division English class is because I’m a puppet of the whites who run the campus, what am I supposed to say about that? She never took my opinion seriously even tho I was the smartest fucker in that class. Was I supposed to sit down and STFU and listen to her? Because that’s what I did lol. (I didn’t test well on the national tests so I had to take shitty English and math classes to catch up)

    I was a “puppet” so it didn’t look like the uni was being racist when putting students in classes.


  16. #40
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    39,499

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    She just sounds like an arsehole. They're in every "group"

    I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

  17. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,762

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Carayol Camping View Post
    Intersectionality covers economic disadvantage - I'm surprised the "great deal" you know about it didn't extend to that...
    `
    Economic disadvantage by "whose" definition?

    So answer me this question?

    Is a poor straight white boy equally disadvantaged as a poor gay non-white girl under Intersectionality?


  18. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,762

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    She just sounds like an arsehole. They're in every "group"
    Well there seems to be plenty of them in academia.

    Even when I was at university years ago some of the most narrow-minded bigoted and vindictive people I have ever encountered where Leftwing academics.

    The bottom line is most of them are losers who would never cut the mustard in the REAL world so they hide in academic ivory towers taking no responsibility and pontificating impractical and unworkable theories.


  19. #43
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    39,499

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    You sound more like Trump every day. Sad.


  20. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,762

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    You sound more like Trump every day. Sad.
    Like Ben Shapiro I disagree with Trump on a number of issues, I also disagree with Ben on a couple of issues.

    What I am NOT is conformist clone who buys into all the trendy causes in oder not to be ostracised by my thought police peers.


  21. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,762

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Ben Shapiro today:

    "A new poll from CATO Institute demonstrates in living color just why President Trump won the 2016 election. According to the poll, 71% of Americans “believe that political correctness has done more to silence important discussions our society needs to have.” Only 28% of Americans think political correctness has bettered society.

    That’s an amazing statistic, and shows just why the Left was bound to fail in 2016. They continue to maintain that intersectionality is a path to glory — that a philosophy that prizes shutting down certain viewpoints based on ethnicity and class will help them cobble together a winning coalition. But broad majorities of Americans reject that view. What’s more, Americans who reject that view seem most likely to keep their views to themselves, possibly skewing political polls: 73% of Republicans and 58% of independents say they self-censor in order to avoid political blowback."


  22. #46

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    ...and that's why you got Brexit and Trump.


  23. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In isolation.
    Posts
    10,555

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    `
    Economic disadvantage by "whose" definition?

    So answer me this question?

    Is a poor straight white boy equally disadvantaged as a poor gay non-white girl under Intersectionality?
    It's a not a competition. That's the point.

    The only people that see this as hierarchical point-scoring are the people who appear to have something to defend, i.e. millennia of dominion.

    If you knew anything about it, you'd know - even if you didn't agree with it - intersectionality was defined to try to understand and account for all the systems of oppression that are operating in society, not to privilege one over the other or to add them up into sets of exclusion.

    Ironically, intersectionality was developed as a critique of feminism, your other expert area of knowledge, by women who sometimes thought that race was more determinant than gender or at other times that class was and so. It was literally to show that identity is a shifting dynamic.


  24. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,762

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Unity View Post
    It's a not a competition. That's the point.

    The only people that see this as hierarchical point-scoring are the people who appear to have something to defend, i.e. millennia of dominion.

    If you knew anything about it, you'd know - even if you didn't agree with it - intersectionality was defined to try to understand and account for all the systems of oppression that are operating in society, not to privilege one over the other or to add them up into sets of exclusion.

    Ironically, intersectionality was developed as a critique of feminism, your other expert area of knowledge, by women who sometimes thought that race was more determinant than gender or at other times that class was and so. It was literally to show that identity is a shifting dynamic.
    "Millenia of domination"? By whom and over whom?

    QUOTE "Ironically, intersectionality was developed as a critique of feminism, your other expert area of knowledge, by women who sometimes thought that race was more determinant than gender or at other times that class was and so. It was literally to show that identity is a shifting dynamic."

    What you mean is that some feminists started searching for other areas of claimed "victimhood" in order to justify inverse superiority over other supposed victims.

    "I am a feminist"
    "Well I'm a non-white feminist...so there."
    "Well I'm a lesbian non-white feminist, so that trumps both of you."
    "Well I'm a lesbian non-white feminist with one leg...so fuck you all"
    "Well I'm a Scouse lesbian non-white feminist with one leg, whose neighbour knew someone who was at Hillsborough".


  25. #49
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    CSU EAST BAY
    Posts
    13,490

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    I like Ben Shapiro.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  26. #50

    Default Re: The SJW Thread

    So many describing words in this thread


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •