Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forest Flag in A Block.

Default Forest Flag in A Block.

I'm big on flags - it's just one of those things. I'd hate to arrive at Forest and see the ground festooned with cheap little plastic articles but I do like to see flags around the ground, particularly those showing allegiance to towns in border country. I miss the Ilkeston one that used to be displayed along the lower tier of B.C. I loved the "Welcome to A Block" and the " F E C We Only Hate Derby" classics. So many thanks to whoever put the Stabbo flag up at the back of A/B Block. Hope it's a permanent fixture.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Devils favourite advocate

Default Re: Forest Flag in A Block.

I think they should put some little flags on seats just in the A block.... try and wake them up from the 5 year doze they've been having in there.

Rose-Coloured Boy

No. It's cheap. It's tacky. And it smacks of forced fun.

Wandering around the CG

Totally agree Julie. Random original flags have always looked better. Is Ebbys flag still in lower BC? Can't say as I've noticed it this season.
    Be good to see more permanent flags at the back of stands, looks better than corrugated metal.

I used to love seeing the flags in cup finals that had witty slogans. "Bowyer makes Phil O'kneel" rings a bell. Big customised flags are ace. Small plaggy ones should be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Totally agree Julie. Random original flags have always looked better. Is Ebbys flag still in lower BC? Can't say as I've noticed it this season.
    Be good to see more permanent flags at the back of stands, looks better than corrugated metal.
    Hi Bryn. Yeah Ebby's mega flag is always at the front of lower B C furthest block towards Bridgford. The Stabbo flag looks fab at the back of A/B Block.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I think they should put some little flags on seats just in the A block.... try and wake them up from the 5 year doze they've been having in there.
    1) I presume your season ticket is not in A Block.

2) I presume you wouldn't dare let on where it is!

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

:wave:

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by Julie from Ilson View Post

Don't start him off!

I'm not against groups or individuals buying flag but clubs putting these cards or flags on seats ala Leicester is a disgrace.. Firstly its so wasteful, all that shit produced and not recycled for 30 seconds prior to the game. Secondly its shit, very similar to goal music..

A) £500 to watch Forest and sit with a load of daytippers on the big games.... im an idiot but i aint stupid. I hate sitting round daytrippers, A block attracts them in droves for Derby, Leeds etc..... fuck that.

B) Why not? Id happily tell anybody that goes in there the same. It aint an insult more of a comment on where its now at.

Fact is the "singing" sections of Forest have been an embarrassment for a few seasons now..... few seasons i hob nobbed in T block and you couldnt hear A block from a pitches width away... cant imagine the away fans would have any differing opinion on that even though they are the target audience.

Although the original response was a joke its silly making it out to be something it aint been for a while now

Last edited by Barry; 27-10-17 at 20:41.

Season ticket holder!! Barry's a Mansfield fan..

I dont even know where you go with that one.

Red til I'm dead

A) £500 to watch Forest and sit with a load of daytippers on the big games.... im an idiot but i aint stupid. I hate sitting round daytrippers, A block attracts them in droves for Derby, Leeds etc..... fuck that.

B) Why not? Id happily tell anybody that goes in there the same. It aint an insult more of a comment on where its now at.

Fact is the "singing" sections of Forest have been an embarrassment for a few seasons now..... few seasons i hob nobbed in T block and you couldnt hear A block from a pitches width away... cant imagine the away fans would have any differing opinion on that even though they are the target audience.

Its silly making it out to be something it aint been for a while now
    Canít really argue with that. My first ST was Ablock 16 years ago now, had to move to B block when they brought in the age minimum then back again ever since. The atmosphere used to be best in the ground by far, but itís nowhere near that now.

The price of the ticket should come down really, because the premium I was happy to pay for the atmosphere isnít really worth it any more.

Having said that, me and the old man have considered other areas of the ground and canít quite find a happy medium between price, view and atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Canít really argue with that. My first ST was Ablock 16 years ago now, had to move to B block when they brought in the age minimum then back again ever since. The atmosphere used to be best in the ground by far, but itís nowhere near that now.

The price of the ticket should come down really, because the premium I was happy to pay for the atmosphere isnít really worth it any more.

Having said that, me and the old man have considered other areas of the ground and canít quite find a happy medium between price, view and atmosphere.

Its got to be one of them places where if your in it it seems good but everywhere else its really just white background noise at best.

To me its like when you read away fans saying on calvins posts that they totally out sung the home fans.... when in reality again even from T block you could hear fuck all apart from certain teams like Leeds and thats only when they are still in the game.

I thought it was a very special place 15 years ago but times change don't they.. Its still something quiet special because there aren't that many grounds with old stands anymore but thats probably more to do with the memories rather than the current atmosphere.. The fact the players would used to come over to A block for applause was great but they used to go over to the trent end before that.. Thank fuck we didn't end up in Gamston..

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    :wave:
    I don't know if the above was mean't to be deliberate or a mistake but if a Mod doesn't know how to post an emoji I feel I am in good company.

Wandering around the CG

Its got to be one of them places where if your in it it seems good but everywhere else its really just white background noise at best.

To me its like when you read away fans saying on calvins posts that they totally out sung the home fans.... when in reality again even from T block you could hear fuck all apart from certain teams like Leeds and thats only when they are still in the game.
    It can be noisy if we are playing good, but the years of garbage football and expense have taken their toll. Add in the security throwing folk out and closing parts off...
    Nowt to worry about though because like you say, the away fans are rammel as well.

Unfortunately most clubs now want plastic flags, goal music, away fans tucked out of the way in small numbers and all the crap that comes with it.

I suppose A block is the difference between sitting in a library as opposed to a morgue as the rest of the ground never make a murmur.

Bridgeford occasionally try to sing a song but Trent end is the most disappointing in my book.

Used to be a good noise from there.

Most may as well be watching the game from their armchair at home.

Be nice if people made more of an effort as it's so much better on the rare occasions when the crowd does get vocal.

The team play with more passion as well so ought to be more of a regular occurrence.

Start fucking cheering people!!!

Although the original response was a joke its silly making it out to be something it aint been for a while now
    I'm not sure that Captain Freebee holds the moral high ground over daytrippers to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    I'm not sure that Captain Freebee holds the moral high ground over daytrippers to be fair.

Where were the daytrippers when we were getting 12k reported as 16k under bloody dougie.... i deserved a medal having no financial connection and still going..... even some of the £4-500 payers had given up going at that point....

Red til I'm dead

Where were the daytrippers when we were getting 12k reported as 16k under bloody dougie.... i deserved a medal having no financial connection and still going..... even some of the £4-500 payers had given up going at that point....
    I have to admit that despite having a ST under Dougie, I did just not bother for the last few months. Donít think I went under Williams at all. As a result of that I didnít renew for the Montanier season either (first time I havenít while Iíve lived in the UK).

Freedmanís football (and Fawazí fuckery) really did crush my enthusiasm under foot. Youíd have to pay me to watch that blokeís team now, not vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    I have to admit that despite having a ST under Dougie, I did just not bother for the last few months. Donít think I went under Williams at all. As a result of that I didnít renew for the Montanier season either (first time I havenít while Iíve lived in the UK).

Freedmanís football (and Fawazí fuckery) really did crush my enthusiasm under foot. Youíd have to pay me to watch that blokeís team now, not vice versa.

Its totally understandable....Past 5 or so years its been a one way relationship..... you go, you pays your money and if you aint getting nothing back it gets you down.

End of the day its supposed to be fun....if your not enjoying it, justifiably you have to stop.

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by redanddeadly View Post
    I suppose A block is the difference between sitting in a library as opposed to a morgue as the rest of the ground never make a murmur.

Bridgeford occasionally try to sing a song but Trent end is the most disappointing in my book.

Used to be a good noise from there.

Most may as well be watching the game from their armchair at home.

Be nice if people made more of an effort as it's so much better on the rare occasions when the crowd does get vocal.

The team play with more passion as well so ought to be more of a regular occurrence.

Start fucking cheering people!!!
    Some won't know it but there's a couple of pockets of people singing in LB constantly, Castus and his crew being one of them. But unless we are winning and folk are in the mood hardly anyone joins in.
    I take my hat off to them though, they never give in.
    Same when I've sat in A Block, there's some lads at the back that never give in, banging seats and singing.

I just sit in silence with my blue slushy, occasionally rustling my bag of M&M's...

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post

I just sit in silence with my blue slushy, occasionally rustling my bag of M&M's...