Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Carabao Cup draw farce

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Default Carabao Cup draw farce

(again) - top tweet from William Hill (usually Paddy Power come out with the zingers!)

"Carabao Cup draw delay is now 100 minutes. That's longer than Liverpool spent in the competition this year."

Ouch!

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Left Winger

Default Re: Carabao Cup draw farce

Bonus like for taking the piss out of the Scousers.

Nice one, William.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Fuck me it took 100 minuets for them to fix the draw and keep the big teams apart, I’d fuckinig piss me sen if they end up with a Bristol v Bournemouth final

Delayed for 100 minutes and then they showed a pre-recorded draw. Nothing questionable about that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo Francescoli (on loan) View Post
    Delayed for 100 minutes and then they showed a pre-recorded draw. Nothing questionable about that at all.
    A pre-recorded draw that magically kept the "big" teams apart....

Ah. Furthest Bristol City have been in the Haribo Cup since 1989.

Does that video show the COLOSSAL inflatable banana that went up in the colwick road terrace about half time?

Iirc it said "Forest" (then the company name) Fyffe Bristol Nil 5-0 geddit?!

Happy inflatable days!

Well, it's been a rip roaring success so far.

Round 1 - Charlton Athletic announced as playing two separate teams.
    Round 2 - Southern section the home/away sides were announced the wrong way round.
    Round 3 - Draw took place at 4:35am UK time.
    Round 4 - I think this one went smoothly. Well, compared to the rest anyway.
    QF - Draw massively delayed.

A saying involvinhg the words piss up and brewery sping to mind.

Remember the last World Cup draw where the soon-to-disgraced FIFA bloke was handed a ball by a footballing legend (who provided validity to the ceremony) then confusingly lowered each ball behind the desk and off camera, before lifting it again and announcing which team would go where? Against all odds, the host nation got a favourable draw to the semi-finals for maybe the tenth consecutive World Cup that day - which was great for the tournament and all the previous ones.

I wouldn't question that all these draws are anything other that fair, sound and proper. I just think it is really really unfortunate that these exciting legitimate football draws so often seemed to be performed in a way that people wishing to rig a draw might also perform them. It sort of undermines their integrity a little bit, and they don't deserve that. In these big governing bodies, major broadcasters, corporate sponsors naivety they don't ever see that like we do. I think maybe they just need a better director at these things.

Last edited by Enzo Francescoli (on loan); 27-10-17 at 05:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Does that video show the COLOSSAL inflatable banana that went up in the colwick road terrace about half time?

Iirc it said "Forest" (then the company name) Fyffe Bristol Nil 5-0 geddit?!

Happy inflatable days!
    I'm assuming a Forest fan uploaded it because the belting Brizzle goal and wild celebrations are all edited out, but the scrappy forgetable own goal is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo Francescoli (on loan) View Post
    Remember the last World Cup draw where the soon-to-disgraced FIFA bloke was handed a ball by a footballing legend (who provided validity to the ceremony) then confusingly lowered each ball behind the desk and off camera, before lifting it again and announcing which team would go where? Against all odds, the host nation got a favourable draw to the semi-finals for maybe the tenth consecutive World Cup that day - which was great for the tournament and all the previous ones.

I wouldn't question that all these draws are anything other that fair, sound and proper. I just think it is really really unfortunate that these exciting legitimate football draws so often seemed to be performed in a way that people wishing to rig a draw might also perform them. It sort of undermines their integrity a little bit, and they don't deserve that. In these big governing bodies, major broadcasters, corporate sponsors naivety they don't ever see that like we do. I think maybe they just need a better director at these things.
    Is that the same draw that had a random quirk that put England into the group of death against seeding policy yet gave lower seeded France an easy draw?

These seeded rigged draws are against the spirit of competition.

In the World Cup, wouldn't it be nice if someone took the revolutionary step of drawing the teams out just as they do for the FA Cup so that occasionally there would be a group of big teams initially and a few of the minnows got through to the latter stages?

Of course, it'll never happen for so many reasons, but it would be interesting and fun and make us all believe again.

In the old days it was said that during the FA Cup draw the Arsenal ball had a rough texture to it to ensure they always got a home tie.

Conspiracy theory maybe, but it was so easy to do back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    In the old days it was said that during the FA Cup draw the Arsenal ball had a rough texture to it to ensure they always got a home tie.

Conspiracy theory maybe, but it was so easy to do back then.
    Of course that is a load of bollocks because the numbers change every round. Did they have a set of rough balls specially for the Arse?

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Of course that is a load of bollocks because the numbers change every round. Did they have a set of rough balls specially for the Arse?
    Part of the argument, if I remember correctly, was that as it was done alphabetically then Arsenal were often No 1, 2 or 3, so it would be easy to do if those at the FA were so inclined and were less than reputable?