• Win!!!

29 53.70%
  • Draw

8 14.81%
  • Lose...

17 31.48%
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday 31 - Nottingham Forest vs Hull City - Official Matchday Thread

Default Matchday 31 - Nottingham Forest vs Hull City - Official Matchday Thread

Nottingham Forest vs Hull City
    The City Ground, Nottingham
    Saturday, 10th February 2018, 15:00

Match Preview

Forest and manager Aitor Karanka will hope the new signings gel in training throughout the week leading up to Hull's visit. Poor results for Forest since the highs of the Arsenal and Wolves game will have some fans nervously looking down the table rather than optimistically up it, but Karanka remains resolute and after the defeat to Fulham had the following to say "The performance was good, we competed with them for 70 minutes and had good chances to score first, and when they scored we had chances to equalise. But two mistakes penalised us once again.

"Today was a completely different feeling. I am positive for the future because the players showed me that I can trust them."

The reds are hoping to confirm the signing of free agent Ben Watson in the coming days as well as welcoming Daryl Murphy and Liam Bridcutt back into the squad. Along with Watson, Karanka could hand debuts to winger Joe Lolley and central defender Tobias Figueiredo after Adlene Guedioura, Jack Colback, Costel Pantilimon, Lee Tomlin and Ashkan Dejagah made their debuts in the 2-0 defeat against Fulham.

The Opposition

Hull are in poor form having won just 1 game from their last 9 league games. However, since Nigel Adkins was appointed they've sured up at the back and haven't lost a game by more than a single goal since November 4th.

All is not well in the Hull camp captain Michael Dawson looked set for a deadline day move for Forest and was denied at the 11th hour, the centre back was said to be furious at the outcome and as a result was left out of Hull's match-day squad against Preston, as was Winger Kamil Grosicki after requesting to leave the club during January, the Pole had scored 6 goals so far this season so the Hull fans will hope he's back in contention against Forest.

Top scorer Jarrod Bowen (11 goals) caused Forest plenty of issues in the FA Cup game a couple of weeks ago at the KCOM.

Last Time Out

The reverse fixture saw the reds come away with all 3 points in a 3-2 win after a hat-trick from Kieran Dowell.

C.O.Y.R!!!!

Last edited by J'Psycho'C66; 03-02-18 at 19:26.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 31 - Nottingham Forest vs Hull City - Official Matchday Thread

No Dawson in their squad today...

Default Re: Matchday 31 - Nottingham Forest vs Hull City - Official Matchday Thread

To win we have to break a poor run of failing to score in 6 out of the last 7 Championship games.
    To win we need individuals not to make fatal mistakes.
    To win we need to keep Hull on their terrible run of Championship (lack of) form.
    I do hope we win - to lose would be very serious to the new team's morale and to Karanka's credibility.
    But as we are having trouble scoring, and as virtually every game sees at least 1 fatal error and as we are great at letting teams end their bad runs I think a win is unlikely.
    However, I vote for a win as I have faith in AK 47 and the new look, deadwood free Super Reds!

Not that type of player

Michael Dawson is a Red, he hates tigers.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

If we have Watson in for this game can see him filling in where Colback played today with Colback moving to left back to add quality and experience to an area we have been struggling with all season.

WallBangerz

Nice to see the next matchday thread up quickly!

Really need all three points from this one. Would cement Hull's place in the bottom three as well, if we're looking down the table rather than up.

Big game this one.

Definitely one we should be winning, and hopefully Dawson is still on strike by the time we play them.

Suffice to say we have some selection headaches for this one.

Assuming Watson & a new LB come in, that team against Hull could be literally anything.

Firmly backing AK to mastermind a result in this one, think a week on the training ground will be significant.

Forest 3 Hull 1

Adkins has said it's unlikely Dawson will be fit for next weekends game.

The Wand!

I'll stick my neck out and say 2-1 win.

Pep will get one, run towards capital corner to salute the singer's then realise nobody sits up there anymore and be in front of the Hull fans calling him a wanker.

Could slip to 18th if things go against us. Can't afford another defeat. Even a draw to stop this current rot will do.

Tomlin & Fox to make it 2-1

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Adkins has said it's unlikely Dawson will be fit for next weekends game.
    If I were him, I'd announce I'm injured til the end of the season.

oopsy daisy!

1-0

I'm looking forward to the efforts to guess AK's team then comparing those to the actual selections, because this week could see any 11 from the whole squad deployed. After a week on the training pitch he'll have a better idea of his balanced team to carry out the game plan.

I confidently predict a good win, cheering up the somewhat glum fanbase.

WallBangerz

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Across the Road View Post
    If I were him, I'd announce I'm injured til the end of the season.
    Ah the Lansbury procedure. Still alive and well in 2018.

I’d rather have the 3 points against these than a Cup win.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    Ah the Lansbury procedure. Still alive and well in 2018.
    Kelvin Wilson pulled it First. And it seems Jack Hobbs is well on the way also.

Anyway, to more mundane matters; we owe this shower of shit one for messing us about with Michael Dawson, so I’ll go 2-1, Dowell and Brereton.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

The wheels will be properly bolted on by the time we play 'ull. A win for Team Red.

Maybe we should try scoring some goals? It seems to work wonders for other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    I’d rather have the 3 points against these than a Cup win.
    I wouldn't.

This is turning into one of those "must win" games!
    We are 9 points above the drop places.
    We play Hull and Burton in the near future, and also Birmingham...
    Lose these 3 and we will be heading to the upper reaches of shit creek, and I am wondering if we will find the paddles are missing.

We never beat Hull at home.

1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by gedlingred View Post
    We never beat Hull at home.

1-2.
    Fuck, didn't realize our record was that bad against 'em. Just looked st the results since 2010:

2010 Hull City v Nottingham Forest D 0-0 League Championship
    05 Mar 2011 Nottingham Forest v Hull City L 0-1 League Championship
    29 Oct 2011 Nottingham Forest v Hull City L 0-1 League Championship
    21 Apr 2012 Hull City v Nottingham Forest L 2-1 League Championship
    01 Dec 2012 Nottingham Forest v Hull City L 1-2 League Championship
    16 Mar 2013 Hull City v Nottingham Forest W 1-2 League Championship
    03 Oct 2015 Nottingham Forest v Hull City L 0-1 League Championship
    15 Mar 2016 Hull City v Nottingham Forest D 1-1 League Championship
    28 Oct 2017 Hull City v Nottingham Forest W 2-3 League Championship
    27 Jan 2018 Hull City v Nottingham Forest L 2-1 FA Cup

2 wins from 10, 6 defeats in there.

With Hull 22nd & Burton bottom, and the recent run we've had, we simply have to get some points soon.

Hopefully this match will see a bogey side beaten!

They don't call it the Hull City Ground for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    I wouldn't.
    Don’t get me wrong, I was totally pissed off at our Cup defeat but that subsided when they got Chelsea away.

Lose next week and they will be breathing down our necks. Win and we have a nice cushion.

This feels similar to Blackburn last season.