Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's all take a huge breath

Default Let's all take a huge breath

I was going to post this on the Karanka thread but thought it deserved its own debate.
    We have in place at our club a hierarchy of top people who I have never seen before at Nottingham Forest in my 40 plus years of following my club. Apart from the owner we have a QC as our chairman, CEO, Director, CFO, Head of Football Operations, Chief Commercial Officer, Head of Academy Recruitment, Head of Marketing, Sporting Director and coaching staff.
    Now on to the manager...Yes Karanka hasn't started well but look at his past successes. We have to give him plenty of time to change things and give us a stable platform.
    We can't keep changing managers. We have had 19 managers since Brian was the manager and can't keep going on like this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quinn

Default Re: Let's all take a huge breath

Let's all take a huge bath

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye1947 View Post
    I was going to post this on the Karanka thread but thought it deserved its own debate.
    We have in place at our club a hierarchy of top people who I have never seen before at Nottingham Forest in my 40 plus years of following my club. Apart from the owner we have a QC as our chairman, CEO, Director, CFO, Head of Football Operations, Chief Commercial Officer, Head of Academy Recruitment, Head of Marketing, Sporting Director and coaching staff.
    Now on to the manager...Yes Karanka hasn't started well but look at his past successes. We have to give him plenty of time to change things and give us a stable platform.
    We can't keep changing managers. We have had 19 managers since Brian was the manager and can't keep going on like this.
    Great shout, great sentiment & hopefully this becomes a safe haven for all who want Karanka to do well here.

Subjective, but I think the owners have made the set up discernibly more professional & made fair calls so far.

No reason to be anything other than optimistic, particularly when AK gets us moving forward.

Terrorist Scum

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    After you with the soap.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

There goes mi coffee!

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Tell that to the owner.

Impressive member

I have a polythene bag and a cable-tie. I know who's breath I want to take.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post

Subjective, but I think the owners have made the set up discernibly more professional & made fair calls so far.
    Mark Warburton and 85% of the fanbase are outside and would like a word.....

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

The safe haven has been breached

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's all about mid-table...

Somebody ought to tek a huge fucking beating

"OK Spiderman" is probably the thing that has brought most joy to me following Forest over the past five years so I say bring back Fawaz.

.k I m
    I m u mm

With regard to how many people there are behind the scenes; There's 21 cabinet minister positions and 600+ senior Civil Servants and yet....

Karanka; Time will tell but I don't understand this crown he's being given over his career to date. He's had one managers job, got them up and they came straight back down. If Forest had done that under Brian Clough would he still have a stand named in his honour?

The continual changing of managers is a joke. But it isn't just Forest who suffer from this modern disease of 'rich boys and their toys'. We'll hang on to a manger when one does as the 'rich boy' demands.... then lose him if he struggles / fails at the next level. That's one thing Karanka's career to date does prove.

Majority of managers are short-term now. They know it, we know it. It's why Karanka will be my last.

Happy Valentines day everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    I have a polythene bag and a cable-tie. I know who's breath I want to take.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Tony Hayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Somebody ought to tek a huge fucking beating
    Don't worry we are when we play burton.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Happy Valentines day everyone.
    Yep. It's the LTLF Massacre Day so we're in keeping with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    Karanka; Time will tell but I don't understand this crown he's being given over his career to date. He's had one managers job, got them up and they came straight back down. If Forest had done that under Brian Clough would he still have a stand named in his honour?
    So you bring up a BC comparison...

Brian Clough didn't have the success Karanka had at the start of his managerial career. Yes, I know very different situations but still.

When BC went to Derby, they finished lower in the league than the season before he arrived because he had to significantly overhaul the squad

When BC went to Leeds, he had one win in 8 before he was sacked. You could say that was one of the worst decisions Leeds have made in terms of how things could have panned out. The reason for the poor start? He went in there, shook the squad up, told them they weren't up to his standards and signed some new players which resulted in (what would likely be short term) instability. If their board hadn't held the players in higher regard than the manager and stuck by him, who knows where they would have ended up given the resources they had at their disposal.

I'm not saying Karanka is like BC (of course), but in him you have a young manager who is highly regarded in the game - by players and other managers alike, has the background and all the attributes to forge a great career in club management.

There are too many people taking short-term views at the moment. Hopefully the club themselves won't make a similar mistake to Leeds United.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    With regard to how many people there are behind the scenes; There's 21 cabinet minister positions and 600+ senior Civil Servants and yet....

The continual changing of managers is a joke. But it isn't just Forest who suffer from this modern disease of 'rich boys and their toys'. We'll hang on to a manger when one does as the 'rich boy' demands.... then lose him if he struggles / fails at the next level. That's one thing Karanka's career to date does prove.

Majority of managers are short-term now. They know it, we know it. It's why Karanka will be my last.
    I do wonder if there'll ever be an off-shoot of the game now it's become like it has.

Players playing for reasonable amounts, limits on foreigners in the side, limits on none-local lads in the side, constant 3pm kick offs etc.

Probably not, but once the older gen has drifted away I'm not so sure the newer gen will be as loyal through the shitter times

Agree completely. Main aim this season is to stay up. That's it. How we do it isn't really relevant, next season is the real test.

Bangerz deep bath.

Not that type of player

We have had 19 managers since Brian was the manager and can't keep going on like this.
    Why can’t we?

In the same period Leeds have had 19 managers, Derby have had 17 managers, and Leicester have had 19 managers.

We really aren’t out of the ordinary.

I agree with the rest of your post.

Last edited by Ravi; 14-02-18 at 14:55.
    "Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Barnfather View Post

I'm not saying Karanka is like BC (of course)...
    Neither was I sir.

...but in him you have a young manager who is highly regarded in the game - by players and other managers alike, has the background and all the attributes to forge a great career in club management.
    If he's highly regarded AS A MANAGER after one position of 3 and a bit years, doesn't that just go to show how short-term minded the whole sport has got?
    I can quite believe he's highly regarded as a person / ex-player. So is Stuart Pearce.

There are too many people taking short-term views at the moment. Hopefully the club themselves won't make a similar mistake to Leeds United.
    We've been making a 'similar mistake' at about the same rate as Leeds and I'm sure we'll continue to do so.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

This is getting very boring.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Azza View Post
    Agree completely. Main aim this season is to stay up. That's it. How we do it isn't really relevant, next season is the real test.
    The trouble is we seem to be saying this every single season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    This is getting very boring.
    I thought you of all posters would like a huge bath.