Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Derby County V Nottingham Forest...more than just a game-UREDS

Default Re: Derby County V Nottingham Forest...more than just a game

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post

All bollocks. Why the media have protected the nasty thieving bastards for decades is beyond me.
    Serious question to Bryn, and anyone else who fancies answering - why do you think they have?

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    That's where my real hatred of Liverpool comes from. We tried to show solidarity with them, in spite of them being our biggest rivals at the time, and they completely threw it back in our face.

What John Aldridge did to Brian Laws that day was unforgivable.
    At least one of their number recognizes it........

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/...t22364-15.html

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Serious question to Bryn, and anyone else who fancies answering - why do you think they have?
    My thoughts are that during the 70's they were a very good side and my impression is of them being media darlings. The whole image portrayed by the press was of a lovable, witty fan base who would give you their last penny. The Kop was an enigma with some very loud and humourous chants being generated.

My first trip to Anfield shattered that . A self centred , at times violent and very unsporting fan base was my opinion.

I don't think us removing their European crown for 2 successive years did us any favours with both their fans and the media who had placed them on their throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Old boys being the operative word
    You still wouldn't fuck with them though!

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Think of people in media positions that support the club for starters....

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    You still wouldn't fuck with them though!
    Ive seen em pal.... they couldnt catch a bus yet about Barry on his toes at full pelt.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Ive seen em pal.... they couldnt catch a bus yet about Barry on his toes at full pelt.
    I used to work with a right cheeky little **** who'd give you absolute pelters tten run like fuck, he couldn't half shift. Every now and then I'd club the **** for something he said last Wednesday when he'd forgotten all about it.

Because it's the sort of thing they do. Latch on to popular beliefs and make out they are the champions of the cause. Sells papers and subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    All the old boys will be straight out of retirement on both sides.
    Oh yes. The damage that can be done with goodly number of zimmer frames.

Colostomy bags at ten paces!!

Wandering around the CG

I think it started in the 60's with the Kop swaying singing Beatles songs, the media had them down as passionate and friendly fans. They tried to sell us the same story in the 80's when them and Everton were winning trophies with fans stood together. But read any Everton book, it wasn't anything like that.
    They were our biggest Footballing export for some time as well.
    Even when they got English teams banned from Europe the media went soft on them, blaming the trouble at Heysal Stadium on hooligans from other clubs like Chelsea and Millwall.
    If it had been Millwall playing that day there would have been uproar, the FA would have thrown them out of the league.

I can't believe how that day has almost been completely forgotten, whilst hardly a year goes by without Hillsborough being mentioned. Same whenever you see hooligan footage, it's always the same stuff like Millwall ripping seats out at Luton. What about Liverpool? Show their dickheads.